Upgrade to a Dual Planet

Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

Upgrade to a Dual Planet

Now that we have Dual Planets on the market, and they appear to be here to stay, one thing that might be more feasible is the ability to upgrade an existing planet to a dual planet.

I have no idea how hard this would be to code though but the idea would be that you can select one of your own planets and then for the same cost as buying the dual with $$, you can upgrade it to a dual instead. Of course only the types that are currently available could be created to avoid having a heap of Dual income / UP planets created.

I realise this wouldn't be popular with a lot of peoples but if we are having duals bought for $$ here to stay then this would seem a logical addition to that feature.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: Upgrade to a Dual Planet

Cool idea, maybe after the last 'SIZE' upgrade is done on 2 planets, a new option to 'MERGE' planets at a massive cost of say 10 Trill, turning 2 planets into 1 dual :D

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Before any of that, and any update added, admin needs to look at making these duals defendable, if someone pays $50, then some one with a multi comes along and takes it because its easier to mass them down than it is to defend, admin is gonna have some complaints there, I dont think he fully thought threw this idea before introducing it to the game.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
gridlock
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Federation
ID: 0

if u cant defend it dont buy it simple as that
Crosis
Goa'uld
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1919036

gridlock wrote:if u cant defend it dont buy it simple as that

in all reality you cant defend a planet if someone wants to take it there gonna get it its only a matter of time. me personally i'd rather have someone get the planet on first hit rather then massing it down then taking it because that basicly proves how much of an idiot that person is and it also erases any work you put into it.
RETIRED FROM SGW
Spoiler
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=126156

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=102563

2 of the previous discussion threads.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

theres atleast 2 thread..

but if you really are going to spend 50$ on a dual planet
why wouldn't you spend 50$ a week on a USS aswell.
30merlins + 4 days of ppt= GODHOOD
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

if u have the ability to merge 2 planets in 1 then thegame will be flooded wit duals unless the merge price is +20T
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

This isn't about merging a planet with naq, this is about merging a planet with $$.

Same rules as the current black market buying of planets except it applies to one of your pre-existing planets to make them into a dual. This should prevent a flood of planets. Or if necessary the ability to merge could $$ cost more or remove some stats on the pre-existing planet.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Fire_of_Venus wrote:This isn't about merging a planet with naq, this is about merging a planet with $$.

Same rules as the current black market buying of planets except it applies to one of your pre-existing planets to make them into a dual. This should prevent a flood of planets. Or if necessary the ability to merge could $$ cost more or remove some stats on the pre-existing planet.

i dont see any point in yr post, besides it need scripting and last time it took a bit to get fixed.

its better to buy a dual tiny rathen then merging a monst
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well the biggest problem I have with the entire "Duel planet" thing is, SGW has always been that anyone with enough time could mate a $$ player. That is no longer the case. Normal account can not get Duels without $. and anyone paying $ for duels is keeping them merlined so all thats happened is $$ player get exactly what they want and they are 100% protected, and non$$ players are left in the cold.

But hey, got to fund the game somehow.

@ lithium,,, I'd gladly pay 20 trill to merge planets, at least then EVERY account could have a duel, not just $$ accounts.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

lithium wrote:
Fire_of_Venus wrote:This isn't about merging a planet with naq, this is about merging a planet with $$.

i dont see any point in yr post, besides it need scripting and last time it took a bit to get fixed.

its better to buy a dual tiny rathen then merging a monst

No actually, it’s not better to get a tiny dual, or rather it depends on the current stats of your planets. If you have half way decent planets, which I can appreciate you may not Lithium due to the extended war state you and TAF have engaged in for the last 8 or so months, then it is better to be able to make an existing planet into a dual rather than get a tiny dual.

The main advantage to smaller planets is cheaper defence costs, so most people upgrade the defences as much as they are going to then bump the planet up to as big as they can then upgrade the planet. So if you have a monstrous or a mind blowing planet which has as much defence as you want on it already then it is far cheaper for you to be able to make that planet into a dual planet and upgrade the extra stat it acquired. Getting a tiny dual planet means working from scratch again and that can be prohibitively expensive on some dual planets.

This suggestion would not ‘flood’ the game with duals either as it is an addition to a cash market feature but adheres to all the restrictions currently in place. And yes, it would need scripting, almost all suggests do need to be scripted and coded but that’s why they are suggestions.

I believe though if you could merge planets for naq, that would cause a flood of duals but if you want to go down that path, sure, it’s a cheaper way for some people to get them given that 10trillion is less than a weeks income to them – without farming, and of course gives nothing to Jason.

@Lore, I can understand and do appreciate your point. This suggestion was more to face the inevitable fact that we have duals available for $$ and that we are going to have to live with that so we may as well suggest ways of adjusting the fact to be beneficial or as beneficial as possible in all cases.

If there was some way of using naq to make a dual, yeah sure, bring it on. I, and others would love that, though you might find that smaller accounts scream ‘unfair’ ‘cos they can’t get that much naq easily, etc etc etc.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Lore wrote:Well the biggest problem I have with the entire "Duel planet" thing is, SGW has always been that anyone with enough time could mate a $$ player. That is no longer the case. Normal account can not get Duels without $. and anyone paying $ for duels is keeping them merlined so all thats happened is $$ player get exactly what they want and they are 100% protected, and non$$ players are left in the cold.

But hey, got to fund the game somehow.

@ lithium,,, I'd gladly pay 20 trill to merge planets, at least then EVERY account could have a duel, not just $$ accounts.

i wish too , we both know its not gona happen ;)
the price is 50$ for a tiny dual convert the 50$ into naq in market price and u see the outcome.

we cant match a chash player but there are a lot of players to match so why bothers, hat off those who support the game and pass this on
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me

Return to “Suggestions Archive”