Unit Production Balancing

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Re: Unit Production Balancing

i dunno how anything works... except that for some reason someone can sabb u with just one hit... only thing is i dont know who did it to me... it could of been the dude who farmed me after that... but cant be sure... anyway karma works... someone killed him and i got the naq back after i saw his stats reseted... :lol:

Borek thats what im saing and also sayin that peeps should give a break to admin till he finish to make this... few units more or less aint nothing... :-D
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:i dunno how anything works... except that for some reason someone can sabb u with just one hit... only thing is i dont know who did it to me... it could of been the dude who farmed me after that... but cant be sure... anyway karma works... someone killed him and i got the naq back after i saw his stats reseted... :lol:

Borek thats what im saing and also sayin that peeps should give a break to admin till he finish to make this... few units more or less aint nothing... :-D

its the weak weapons mate, thats why so many were taken in one hit. It has be adjusted tho. Att/Def/ spying works the same as main, still not clear on how to kill spies and AC tho so I can't help you there.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

i had the strong ones mate... thats the worst part.. 90 of the storng ones... could be i didnt have any ac units at the time... oh and i think someone told me how to kill spies... gonna try later or tomorrow and let u guys know :D
~Solrayne~
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Areseorii Knights (2IC)
Race: Tollan
ID: 1950813

Ok, after waiting a couple days, and letting my Forces total grow from 700 to 742, I decided to risk training some troops (15) again....and this time the sotal remained at 742.

BUT...when training during the SAME turn an increase happened, the NEW increase was removed after training.

1 turn after above notation, total forces went from 742 to 743. Then immediatley trained 4 troops...and total forces went back to 742.

Right now, seems to be a problem with training during the same turn in which a new increase happened, and affects (removes) that turn's troop increase(s), but not ones from previous turns now.
Last edited by ~Solrayne~ on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Solrayne~ Areseorii Knights (2IC)
The UnKnown of the AJNA
ImageJoin Us!
My Trade Feedback Area
"If you want peace, prepare for war".
"It's better to be judged by 12, rather than carried by 6".
"When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you".
"Forgiveness is between them and God...It's my job to arrange their meeting".
dresnov
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Lonewolf
Race: system lord
ID: 47909

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:i had the strong ones mate... thats the worst part.. 90 of the storng ones... could be i didnt have any ac units at the time... oh and i think someone told me how to kill spies... gonna try later or tomorrow and let u guys know :D

I think Lore meant that the weapons are too weak in general and that's why everyone losses all their weapons when they get sabbed.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

dresnov wrote:
Prince_of_Darkness wrote:i had the strong ones mate... thats the worst part.. 90 of the storng ones... could be i didnt have any ac units at the time... oh and i think someone told me how to kill spies... gonna try later or tomorrow and let u guys know :D

I think Lore meant that the weapons are too weak in general and that's why everyone losses all their weapons when they get sabbed.

but i did one sabb a few minutes ago... just 6 i killed... :shock:
Midnight
Forum Regular
ID: 0

[quote="Prince_of_Darkness]but i did one sabb a few minutes ago... just 6 i killed... :shock:[/quote]

I believe they have now adjusted the quantity of weapons that can be destroyed through sabbing beased upon covert power...
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

Instead of trying to slow the games progress (even further) by taking peoples units off them, why dont you try and boost the game abit...
Increase naq generated per turn, lower the UP cost, Invent some weapons and techs...

Cause at the moment, this game is really BORING...
It would take a week of natural naq generated to buy a single UP upgrade... and you have 2 of each type of weapon and ZERO techs...
And now you slice a chunk of everyones army size away from them, even if like myself, they only click the link ONCE PER DAY AS ALLOWED...

You're slowing down an already grandma paced game, it seriously puts me to sleep!!
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

Also you should introduce a free market such as the suporter status in Quantum provides...
I have full supporter status in main and that is the only place I will send my hard earned money, because it is worth it...
Quantum, Origins, Ascended, Ancient wars... None are worth spending real money on, you should provide a free alternative to people who want to play the game but do not feel that spending real money on a tiny infusion is worth it, particularly for what you are offering and what is available (see my post above).

Keeping in mind also that you only operate in USD, it makes the supporter packages very expensive for people in some countries, especially in the current economic climate...
It simply is not worth donating to this game...
Midnight
Forum Regular

Ace1102 wrote:Instead of trying to slow the games progress (even further) by taking peoples units off them, why dont you try and boost the game abit...
Increase naq generated per turn, lower the UP cost, Invent some weapons and techs...

Cause at the moment, this game is really BORING...
It would take a week of natural naq generated to buy a single UP upgrade... and you have 2 of each type of weapon and ZERO techs...
And now you slice a chunk of everyones army size away from them, even if like myself, they only click the link ONCE PER DAY AS ALLOWED...

You're slowing down an already grandma paced game, it seriously puts me to sleep!!

Ummm... You do realise that this was the request for Origins? We actually wanted somethign very similar to what it was originally (and yes, I was one of the originals starting less than a month in). And a bit part of that was the fact that you actually had to plan what you were doing, and use some stratergy to actually do anything productive...

But I have said that often enough here already.

Ultimately, if you don't like the game don't play. Your not required to after all...
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

I wasn't complaining, I was trying to give some productive suggestions to make the game more 'fair'.

If the only way to procure a PPT or increase in your account is to fork out real money, then its not particularly 'fair' to those who cannot afford to waste $80 a week (US$50 is actually more then $80 local currency).

Also I was a little disheartened to find that after saving up the required 160,000 Naq to buy a UP increase, you only get an increase of 1 UU/day, for that price it should be more like quantum in that you get 10/day increase per UP level you buy...
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

look origins is ment to be slow quantam can afford to be fast it resets
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
skyfighter
Fledgling Forumer

We dont want a game where in a month or 2 players have 10mil. + armysize and being uncatchable. And I dont think that the market is needed, actually with a bit of skill you can keep up with players that pay, they don't get an overkill advantage by paying, and PPT is really not productive to use here, as the best way to grow is to attack every turn.

your suposed "suggestion" are not good ones, and you're talking about things you dont even have a clue, admin did not get back down everyone armysize, in fact most of players got their armysize increased, you included, so you can say thanx instead of complainning.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

This game aint boring or slow... u can buy 5 UP increases if u log every 30 minutes. Just log, use the free 45 turns ( should gather at leas 50b easily ) then after 3 turn changes u have naq for 1 more UP level. so after some logs a day u have got from 40 to 50. Now about if the game is boring. Wel arm up and mass down the first 10 players , so that wont make u feel bored. Im sure this game is funny and very interesting cause it is not about huge armies but about how good u are to play it.

Also, u have quantum to be fast, chaos to be screwed up , ascended to be bored and main to see injustice and justice all in one. Ah and the other new one that i dont remember but that some says its funny. I think u should learn to enjoy this game and how it is cause after a while ull see that it is very hard and so the efforts are lot more interesting. :-D

Return to “Development and Suggestions”