Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Please lock

Why does EVERYONE has 700+ army? :shock:
As much a player who plays since day one of live that one who did squat as he/she JUST joined?

That makes me think of communism lol, give everyone same amount no matter how they work(ed).

Seriously that makes you wonder what was the point in playing until today, if people who registered yesterday get an army as big as us had. :?
Last edited by Cole on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: What the hell?

Yeah, but we've got our UPs, bank sizes, covert lvls, trained troops and weps (well, some people have weps :lol:)

It was gary's way of trying to fix the clicker oversight from the get go. Its done. Lets all move on and treat it as if the game has just gone live - covert/anti covert should be working and less clickings.....

Lets look forward now :P
Cole
Forum History

UP?
There's no UP :lol: It upgrades one by one at cost it was, I wouldn't call it UP! :P
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

LegendaryApophis wrote:UP?
There's no UP :lol: It upgrades one by one at cost it was, I wouldn't call it UP! :P

Its much, much better this way - older players can gain advantages by constantly working on it - but equally newer players can stay competitive. Would you rather it was 10 and we all had millions of troops? That's what killed main - trying to balance older players and newer players (ie: raid, unlimited ATs, and caps).

I thought you wanted Origins? I remember having tiny army size for months, took ages, but it was the most fun I had in sgw.
Cole
Forum History

RepliMagni wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:UP?

Its much, much better this way - older players can gain advantages by constantly working on it - but equally newer players can stay competitive. Would you rather it was 10 and we all had millions of troops? That's what killed main - trying to balance older players and newer players (ie: raid, unlimited ATs, and caps).

I thought you wanted Origins? I remember having tiny army size for months, took ages, but it was the most fun I had in sgw.

I didn't complain about UP, understood reason behind it. And yes I wanted origins. I was bit annoyed by sab bug but well same happend in sgw with tokra bug once. So I was on way to rebuild totally in short time. I liked this game as it was pretty similar to sgw.
All was ok. But then, I login and find EVERYONE with 700 army, that, never happend in old school sgw, hence my disappointment. You basically play since day one of beta, and bam a week or two after live is released, all armies get reset to same amount.

Imagine, it's TOTALLY like those guys who in sgw wanted, fast growth and same army for all, old school ones or joined yesterday one all the same. Like: all gets same army no matter what was their work and what way they chose to grow.
Double standards much? Picking on people who complain not everyone has same army in main, and then asking that army gaps gets solved here. :roll:

Seriously I don't even believe it's intended...giving everyone same army size..that's :shock:

I'm quite behind top army sized accounts in sgw...though I never asked to give everyone same army to be at their level, or get us ability to catch them up easily. So at least you cant say I'm double standarded ;)
Borek
Forum Addict

it was the best fix gary could come up with for a messed up issue. As has been said, it's happened, just move on and keep playing the game, in another month or 2 it'll be ancient history.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Indeed Pops. Its not like he's going to do this every month. It was a one-off fix - lets call the initial launch a soft-opening, and this is the real launch. Those who helped in beta and soft-opening have their UPs, lvls, weps as a thank you.

To the future. :P
Cole
Forum History

It means people who joined yesterday have an army as big as mine or anyone else who joined at beginning.
I don't see how it's a good thing. If click links were that bad...why not ask them to be deleted in beta days? Not like they dont exist in quantum, sgaw, and used in past in sgw. So not like if effects were unknown..

When commander circles were removed because it benefited few in sgw, it's not like anything was addedd or withdrew from anyone's army, just Up decreased, just like clicks were limitated here. I'm fine with reasons behind click links shortage of clickings...but you can't give me a proper reason to make EVERY ONE at SAME army. I spent time playing this game and getting those people clickingmy links, now some newcomer who joined a day ago has an army as big as me? Pffft...

Equality for the loose!
Equity for the win!
Last edited by Cole on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:It means people who joined yesterday have an army as big as mine or anyone else who joined at beginning.
I don't see how it's a good thing. If click links were that bad...why not ask them to be deleted in beta days? Not like they dont exist in quantum, sgaw, and used in past in sgw. So not like if effects were unknown..

what did it hurt? the game is young? the farming is now better?

and yes, removing the links would have been the smart thing to do, but mistakes were made, the launch was rushed, and this is what we got, lets just roll with it and not get caught up in the bad stuff, atleast Gary is active and working to fix stuff and not leaving it for months.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Cole
Forum History

Lore wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:It means people who joined yesterday have an army as big as mine or anyone else who joined at beginning.

what did it hurt? the game is young? the farming is now better?

and yes, removing the links would have been the smart thing to do, but mistakes were made, the launch was rushed, and this is what we got, lets just roll with it and not get caught up in the bad stuff, atleast Gary is active and working to fix stuff and not leaving it for months.

What did hurt? Hours I spent by playing it. While someone who played 5 minutes now have almost same army as I have.
Those hours, won't be recovered.

As for farming it WAS better. PPT hits, forgotten pages at the end with 20-25k naq...
It required people to bother looking beyond page 12 and seek farms. Now it's all same incomes by everyone, where is the fun?
Borek
Forum Addict

yeah it sucks, but what can you do? nothing, lol.

It's the same for all of us who started, personally i abused the clicks for 1 day then couldn't be bothered to pester people to keep clicking, whilst hoping it got fixed. it has been fixed now though and it's a lot easier for gary to write a script that corrects everyone than to individually pick through the accounts who recieved a lot of clicks and remove just their UU's.

I think of this time as beta testing still, until all the game features are coded and working without bugs i'm not playing that seriously. Just have some fun whilst the game is so young, it's not like you can mess up badly enough now to ruin the entire game for your account.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Pops, if gary went through and got rid of clicker armies, your guys would still have taken a nose dive.

I lost out too. I had one of the bigger army sizes, I stayed about the same with the update, whereas most people gained a lot. So what?

He isn't going to do it again. It was a one-off fix. Your hours of farming went into your stats, which you've kept. Active people will pull away from the inactive people. Within a couple of weeks this will have become irrelevant again.
Cole
Forum History

It was like it was meant to be.
SGW Origins, with all pros and CONS old school sgw had. That included.
I registered in this game to find back the game I used to play, that included click links use as well.
That was not even a bug, unlike commander circles in sgw..that was part of the game.
That was a growth strategy.
Another strategy down.

*goes back to have fun in ascended server*
:-D
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

lmao. You want old school sgw???

Okay, so, lets get rid of this pesky Anti Covert shall we? And alliance tags? And attack and defence fatigue levels? And rested turns? And 45 ATs a turn? And assassinate?

And you're complaining that the unique link has gone? Thats like complaining you cut your finger after you've just had your arm amputated. :shock:

Fact of the matter is, the link could be abused. For all we know it was being abused. Now, Pops the question you have to ask is, can you play the game? If so, step up and play. If not, complain some more. (Yes its harsh, but I'm getting bored of this whining about something that was removed for the good of the game)
Cole
Forum History

RepliMagni wrote:lmao. You want old school sgw???

Okay, so, lets get rid of this pesky Anti Covert shall we? And alliance tags? And attack and defence fatigue levels? And rested turns? And 45 ATs a turn? And assassinate?

And you're complaining that the unique link has gone? Thats like complaining you cut your finger after you've just had your arm amputated. :shock:

Fact of the matter is, the link could be abused. For all we know it was being abused. Now, Pops the question you have to ask is, can you play the game? If so, step up and play. If not, complain some more. (Yes its harsh, but I'm getting bored of this whining about something that was removed for the good of the game)

You got it wrong. If those additions I didn't like, I wouldn't have played beyond beta, and as much as I did.
Only thing that annyoed me was tendance of people to farm for crappy amounts, that wasn't game itself, that was bad habits of crap farm ratio.
My point was, if we get rid of EVERYTHING from old school, then WHY is it sgw origins?
Yea enhance it was needed, but if we get rid of ALL original stuff, why is it origins?

Not to mention that I'm not the one suffereing the most from this, by far...when I think that my friend who played the game can't login, and that there are people who just joined, who are now bigger without even having played a second, it really annoys me.

Return to “Origins General Chat”