Why are admins saying low post count peeps have no vote

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Why are admins saying low post count peeps have no vote

If Robe is FUALL, doesn't that mean the Server War is over, and FUALL won?
I mean.. if simple members of the alliances involved consider their leaders to be their enemies, seems you have reached a breaking point in division.
A house divided against itself cannot stand..

For further reference, I refer to Clarkey as he said it all really.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Universe wrote:If Robe is FUALL, doesn't that mean the Server War is over, and FUALL won?
I mean.. if simple members of the alliances involved consider their leaders to be their enemies, seems you have reached a breaking point in division.
A house divided against itself cannot stand..

For further reference, I refer to Clarkey as he said it all really.

:lol:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

congratulations on gathering erranous facts...

low forum activity votes were considered to be voided, but since that was not said in rules at start, that was decided NOT to do...

no fuall admin is involved, since Robe got the task from AdminJason, and we count up all numbers to make sure they are correct... oh, and we dont care about ingame relations on forum issues... we're beings of the forum, not of the game...
in fact, we dont even have exact knowledge of what alliances and factions each of the many candidates belong to... simply because it doesnt matter to us...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Lord Raf
Forum Regular
Alliance: DSL
Race: Baboon
ID: 1907406

arkangel13 wrote:forum admins from the alliance of fuall are trying to get people who have low post counts in forums to have their ombudsman vote disallowed.

This is pure BS. Fuall admins are trying to rip off the forum public to make their selves win at a ombudsman count by disallowing votes from low post count voters.

Didnt realize that fuall admins are gosh darn cheats in forums too.

If you disallow votes then ur screwing everyone in this game and forum.

his gone quite now - maybe thats cos his plan to make FUaLL look bad has backfired.
You have to ask why this affects him so much since he has over 600 posts???????
just like the general election in RL it is voted for the people who live in that country just like this job is voted by people who use the forum. what your saying could be compaired to giving people on holiday for a week in a country, the right to vote in that country. its stupid - the only people who should be allowed to vote in votes are the ones effected by it one a regular bases.

And i would put money that the accounts with a vote count low enough not to vote have only ever used the forum for the market or maybe they had an alliance war and joined for that but nothing else - either way they wont be affected by this vote so who cares
There are many System lords and Gods but only one of them is a baboon :)
Jan wrote:[SF] Jan says:
btw just wanna say rafigi was my hero when i was little and lionking came out lol so u can call yourself a god in my name
[SF] Jan says:
u have fallowers and worshipers ... by definition u r a god!!!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

arkangel13 wrote:forum admins from the alliance of fuall are trying to get people who have low post counts in forums to have their ombudsman vote disallowed.

This is pure BS. Fuall admins are trying to rip off the forum public to make their selves win at a ombudsman count by disallowing votes from low post count voters.

lol i agree with "[forum leaders] are screwing everyone"

but y do you care so much, you have more then 500 posts. unless ofcourse u got multies and u want them to be able to vote :)
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

HOLD THE PHONE.

I have... a few things to say about this....

Firstly... to all those who said it was still a good idea to keep server war members in the running for candidates...

TOLD YOU SO!

My brilliance is beginning to become a burden... :-D

Secondly... this is directed at the person I dont care to remember the name of who posted this thread. Nameless Joe you shall be known as. So nameless joe.. if counting votes on post count is biased...what would be your opinion on the annual awards? I am neither FUALL or TTF, am I...ME.. biased towards ANY party in this game other then myself and my siblings?
I think not. Post count shows a lot of things.. it is a crude measure of how involved in the community a person is.. it is a display of how often you actually make full use of the forums, and so how likely you are to make use of the Ombudsman...it is the ONLY logical route. The administrative team are not Super human..they cannot spend hours following leads and investigating every voter. The post count voting system is no less than the age system for voting in real life (well it is a little different.. lmao..but not so different..)

With the danger of being the man who is the broken record. The votes are being run by Robe and Zeratul... it is favoured in TTF if ANYTHING!

Stop wasting peoples time trying to cause legitimate trouble.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Semper wrote:HOLD THE PHONE.

I have... a few things to say about this....

Firstly... to all those who said it was still a good idea to keep server war members in the running for candidates...

TOLD YOU SO!

My brilliance is beginning to become a burden... :-D

Secondly... this is directed at the person I dont care to remember the name of who posted this thread. Nameless Joe you shall be known as. So nameless joe.. if counting votes on post count is biased...what would be your opinion on the annual awards? I am neither FUALL or TTF, am I...ME.. biased towards ANY party in this game other then myself and my siblings?
I think not. Post count shows a lot of things.. it is a crude measure of how involved in the community a person is.. it is a display of how often you actually make full use of the forums, and so how likely you are to make use of the Ombudsman...it is the ONLY logical route. The administrative team are not Super human..they cannot spend hours following leads and investigating every voter. The post count voting system is no less than the age system for voting in real life (well it is a little different.. lmao..but not so different..)

With the danger of being the man who is the broken record. The votes are being run by Robe and Zeratul... it is favoured in TTF if ANYTHING!

Stop wasting peoples time trying to cause legitimate trouble.

Thanks semper for saving me a whole lot of time writting what u just wrote :D

Only thing to add: Stop mocking about a TTF or a FUALL side. The forum staff keeps ingame actions ingame and mod actions in the forums.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Arc, feel free to check with Robe as to the validity of the info you gathered here. I won't bother to say how things go as it will simply be ignored since I am the only FUALL Admin here and this is obviously directed at me personally even tho I had no part of the Awards or OMGWTHMAN election.

I'm going to close this based on the fact you either got some bad information or just jumped to a uninformed conclusion. If you want it reopened feel free to PM me or any other admin or GM of your choosing to reopen it.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

Rigged Ombudsman election

Robe and Zeratul,

why did you fix the Ombudsman's election in favor for Manetheran.

There are 2 issues here that aren't right, regardless of whether the rules were state or not, it has generally ALWAYS been understood that people with 1 and 2 posts cannot partake in elections here because they bias the outcomes. Now just because you decide to count them now because you failed to include them in the rules is not fair and does a great injustice to the community as a whole in having a real Ombudsman that will be impartial to everyone!

The second issue is that you decide to count votes that should have not been counted after the voting should have been closed.

I'm not even sure why you even bother having election when you already had the people you wanted to win chosen.

Thanks for doing your job in the fairest manner possible!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Re: Rigged Ombudsman election

Zeek for Ob. My vote did not count because apparently the thread was being locked and right before I clicked submit, because I tried to do it again and it was simply locked.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

This is a message to JASON...

Get control of your mods/admins or those of us that support this game will bail ...I am damn close. I am sick and tired of the crap that is going on.

I have been playing nearly four years and I am so disgusted with recent events ...unbanning obvious cheats because they '' contribute'' ... favoritism for certain individuals, unleashed partisanship in votes ...it is getting to be damned comical .
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Not to mention giving a player planets back because he forgot when the merlins ran out!!!

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

I have unlocked this topic because a similar one complaining about the election process has been started and merged them both.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:congratulations on gathering erranous facts...

low forum activity votes were considered to be voided, but since that was not said in rules at start, that was decided NOT to do...

no fuall admin is involved, since Robe got the task from AdminJason, and we count up all numbers to make sure they are correct... oh, and we dont care about ingame relations on forum issues... we're beings of the forum, not of the game...
in fact, we dont even have exact knowledge of what alliances and factions each of the many candidates belong to... simply because it doesnt matter to us...

Excerpt From Last Admin Meeting with Jason, Zeratul and Robe

<adminHere> the question was : should inactive accounts be allowed to vote.....
<Zeratul> but as robe said, those two are willing to work together
<Robe> the question to me is we set up rules to vote if we change them now we have to do votes all over again or many people will be angry
<Robe> you cant please everyone but you need to do what you say you are going to or you have no credibility
<Zeratul> so if some system to prevent opposite decision stalemate is made, then there could essentially be two ombudsmen
<Robe> there is no stalemate
<Robe> there is a clear winner who has expressed his intent to work with the runenr up
<Robe> which i think is a good outcome
<adminHere> agreed
<adminHere> problem solved :)

At the time this meeting occured we were still validating votes.
Both the Winner and Runner UP had agreed to work with the other regardless of who won the election.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Your full of it Golic..look at the awards topics and you count how many votes were disqualified..all of persons with less than 100 posts. AND WE STILL WON THE 2 ALLIANCE OF THE YEAR AWARDS!!!!!

This vote should be no different, if the rules stand for 1 set of votes then they should stand for all!

Deni

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”