Multiple motherships/ships

accadacca
Forum Newbie

Multiple motherships/ships

As it is now you only have your one and only mothership to use

what if you had diffrent ships for offence and defence.
your offensive ms work as usuall.
when you gett attacked you have another fleet stationed in your home world. these ships also aid when your plantes are under attack.

There should also be some ship that can do recon on your enemy, taking photos from above the planet etc. and getting intell on your enemies fleet

You could also have sort of a hiveship collecting units from other worlds.
you can send it to players with planets to seek for uu. the bigger the planet is the more uu you can find. if they have an up planet youll get more from that. if the planets fefence is to high the raid will fail and the ships will retreat or get destroyed. you could make sure you can upgrade how many units it can take per raid

an alternative to the raiding ship is that you send your raiding ship to raid someones uu they have out. you will get alot more (depending on how much you upgraded the maximum capacity per raid) then a usuall 15 turn raid. however you wont be able to this as often. after one raid you must wait for a while to do it again.
dominater92
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Re: Multiple motherships/ships

Sounds like the attack/defence/intel system we have inplace already except you put "ship" at the end of each bit.
accadacca
Forum Newbie

when reading this again i haft to admitt that it doesent sound as good as it did when i wrote it but i do like the thing with covert ships or just the idea of making covert more important as i wrote in another post in this section
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

covert on the ms good happen so we can scan there ms find out ho strong it is have covert levels for the mothership you cold call them sensor levels it will just help see how big the ms is.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
accadacca
Forum Newbie

sammael wrote:covert on the ms good happen so we can scan there ms find out ho strong it is have covert levels for the mothership you cold call them sensor levels it will just help see how big the ms is.

i would like to be able to see how strong someones ms is
accadacca
Forum Newbie

SuperSaiyan wrote:
accadacca wrote:
sammael wrote:covert on the ms good happen so we can scan there ms find out ho strong it is have covert levels for the mothership you cold call them sensor levels it will just help see how big the ms is.

i would like to be able to see how strong someones ms is

then use 1AT ;)

true but still would like to be able to find out while spying.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Multiple MS would make more realistic but you would have to limit their number. Say maybe to 3 max for everybody. One to attack, one for defense, and of course and explorer.

Also, but I know it would probably add too much code and programming, I think each race should have their own ships.

I mean the Tauri never called their ships Motherships. They were Battlecruisers from the start?

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
[MT]
Fledgling Forumer

2xMS? :shock:
1x more naq for MS? :shock:
No thanks.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

[MegaTron] wrote:2xMS? :shock:
1x more naq for MS? :shock:
No thanks.

LOL

I'm more than willing to deal with the extra Naq. Of course to do it right they would have to reduce the cost some........Right? :-D

Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

My problem with this is if you do give 1 ship for attack and defense. Then what happens to the current ship that we all have? Does it half its self but that would not be fair due to the the great cost in the multiplier. Or will you give everyone their naq back to reinvest into both MS
I give peace for traders
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Am Heh wrote:My problem with this is if you do give 1 ship for attack and defense. Then what happens to the current ship that we all have? Does it half its self but that would not be fair due to the the great cost in the multiplier. Or will you give everyone their naq back to reinvest into both MS

My personal opinion would be to keep the current MS as is. It would become the Attack/raiding ship. Then you could build your defense ship (should have stronger shields and point defense for taking out fighters) and explorer to do their own things.

I also think your x302's (if you are Tauri) should be able to defend against attack. That was their original purpose when they were designed. And why (x)302's. They aren't experimental anymore they should now be (F)302's.

Just food for thought. :-D

Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Well, the game is, as far as I know, based before [spoiler]the Asgard's/Repli's/Goa'uld's/Ori's demise :P[/spoiler]
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Colton wrote:Well, the game is, as far as I know, based before [spoiler]the Asgard's/Repli's/Goa'uld's/Ori's demise :P[/spoiler]

Just contributing a little of my military experience.

Once any piece of equipment is fielded in any respectable numbers, the (x) is dropped. ie: The XF-22 Rapter, now F-22 Raptor. The XM-16, now just M-16.

Also like the sound of "BATTLECRUISER". LOL 8)

Locutus
Forum Regular
Race: Cyborg

i think instaed of another mothership is have 1 or 2 suppoert vessels that cant be upgraded and a 1 time shot buy for 1 trill naq but they come as a covert/intel or something to that nature but they are like 25 bil in total power but the up keep would have to be high and the inital cost would have to be also but thats my idea and they go out with u when raiding instead of ms
Fear not the weapon but the hand that wields it

i am back in game just try to fine me lol

I hear voices in my head
they council me
they understand
they talk to me
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Winter Soldier wrote:i think instaed of another mothership is have 1 or 2 suppoert vessels that cant be upgraded and a 1 time shot buy for 1 trill naq but they come as a covert/intel or something to that nature but they are like 25 bil in total power but the up keep would have to be high and the inital cost would have to be also but thats my idea and they go out with u when raiding instead of ms

Interesting concept WS,

Ok, if not 3 "Battlecruisers" then how about 1 Cruiser and 2 either destroyers or frigates. But instead of nonupgradeable, you could upgrade with removeable modules for varied missions. I.E. troop mod for raiding/attacking, an E.C.M. mod(covert/anti-covert), maybe an interceptor mod for taking out enemy fighters. That would cost a lot of Naq though, but be more realistic. With the option of sending all 3 out or just 1.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”