Lifers

Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Lifers

as time has past for all of us,
i think it is time for Jason to rethink the lifer situation...

for example my case, i have done 11 ascensions so far and as result of those ascensions and some wars i have a certain amount of lifers
Mining Bot(Lifers) 325,986,115 (104,208,706)
as i have been thinking of continuing ascending to the highest possible level, that will mean that my next ascension will give me an extra 23mil lifers, adding i need another 11 ascensions i don't want to start calculating howmany lifers i will end up with ...
offcourse i can send all my uu to a "safe-house" that will provide me with naq to pay for the ascensions and get them back when all ascensions are done, and only "loose" 2% transfer uu costs and 2 times 10% miners.

But as i am not the only one in this case, should it not be better to review the 10% lifer rule ?
following possibilities come to mind :
- delete the rule (bad case for new accounts ascending)
- adjust 10% to a lower %
- adjust 10% to lower % linked up to number of ascensions done
fe : every 2 ascension the lifer % lessens with 1%
so mortal and prior have 10%, prophet and messiah 9% and so on...

also question i am not sure about,
if you reach plague limit i know the plague kills trained units and UU, but does it also kill of lifers ???
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
Race: Human
ID: 22325

Re: Lifers

Oh I know how you feel.. About 40% of my account is now lifers.. If I went to ascend it would become 44% of my account.. And so on.. I think the best solution is to lower the % required as you continue, otherwise a lot of naq farms which wouldn't be the worst thing either 8) :twisted:
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

You could trade your UU to someone you trust and have them broker it back when you reach 22.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

A possible solution would be that you pay the ascension cost not with trained/untrained uu but with lifers.

The last ascensions cost a bit of uu (around 20 mil'ish for the minimum UP requirement if i recall correctly) so basically almost all lifers you have gained due to training/untraining will be used up as the "sacrifce" needed for your next ascension.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

deni wrote:A possible solution would be that you pay the ascension cost not with trained/untrained uu but with lifers.

The last ascensions cost a bit of uu (around 20 mil'ish for the minimum UP requirement if i recall correctly) so basically almost all lifers you have gained due to training/untraining will be used up as the "sacrifce" needed for your next ascension.

Could be good :-D
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

deni wrote:A possible solution would be that you pay the ascension cost not with trained/untrained uu but with lifers.

I like this idea very much :)

But.

Are you suggesting all ascensions UP requirement comes out of lifers, or just the later ones?

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Caprila wrote:

But.

Are you suggesting all ascensions UP requirement comes out of lifers, or just the later ones?

Gave me a thought caprila... maybe make it a percentage of Lifers can be used to add to UU requirements... the higher you get the better the percentage that can be used ?
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Caprila wrote:

But.

It is not a thought out idea, just an ... idea :)

I see that it will be a problem for the first ascensions as new ascendants do not have as many lifers compared to people who have ascended with big armies already.

but even if you do not have enough lifers, you can gain them by training/untraining miners ... or the game could accept untrained units too if there is not enough lifers.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Indeed. My army is sitting at 100 mill on purpose while i ascend, in order to avoid the accumulation of extra lifers... It would be nice if admin could rethink this whole situation :)
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Moved to game suggestions.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well I suggested a very similiar idea about 9 months ago. I perposed it like this.

ascentions 1-10, just as they are, 10% lifer rule stays in play. Reason being is you actually need them to recover from ascentions.

ascentions 11-54(or what ever they are up to now :lol: ) You can burn a set % of the required UU in lifers.

I like the above mentioned idea of increasing the amount of lifers that can be sacrificed per ascention by a %. say on ascention 11 you can use 25% lifers and each ascention after you get 2% more so ascention 22 would be 47%

The down side I suggested tho is since lifers are a "trapped" race, and cant be retrained, then leave the "lifer suicide" rate in. 3 lifers = 1 UU.

For me to ascend I'll have well over 380 mill lifers just doing bare ascentions, so i basicly have to shell out my account to even be able to ascend. I have brought it up time and time again and told Admin about it as well. Maybe this time it will be considered.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Lore wrote:I have brought it up time and time again and told Admin about it as well. Maybe this time it will be considered.

as with many things, we better try to team up with a few players and go to as many meetings as we can so Admin makes this a priority

several "old" players are now stagnating ingame as for 1 too expensive to ascend again AND it actually cripples everyones account as way too many lifers in the account to be "battle" worthy...

no one is actually still ascending to boost his ascension account, so we might even consider to go step further ....
maybe a choice to ascend with boosting ascension account and loosing covert/anti levels, raw up etc etc
or to ascend without boosting ascension account and keeping covert/anti levels, raw up should be lost in any case is my point of view ...
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Orpheus wrote:no one is actually still ascending to boost his ascension account, so we might even consider to go step further ....
maybe a choice to ascend with boosting ascension account and loosing covert/anti levels, raw up etc etc
or to ascend without boosting ascension account and keeping covert/anti levels, raw up should be lost in any case is my point of view ...

Admin pretty categorically said he wouldn't change the requirements for ascension. . i.e UP/Tech/Covert in the last admin meeting. Too many people have done it, and sacrificed all in doing it, to make it fair for him to make it easier.

I am hoping him allowing us to use lifers for ascension costs is something of a compromise.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Orpheus - lifers do die at plague. Plague is about 22k or so per turn and lifers form a percentage of that.

While I like the idea to ascend without benefiting your main account, perhaps you do need to always lose 1-2 covert levels but you are right, sacrificing that much in main has absolutely no effect on the ascension account and is a merely a waste of a great main account.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Caprila wrote:
Orpheus wrote:no one is actually still ascending to boost his ascension account, so we might even consider to go step further ....

Admin pretty categorically said he wouldn't change the requirements for ascension. . i.e UP/Tech/Covert in the last admin meeting. Too many people have done it, and sacrificed all in doing it, to make it fair for him to make it easier.

I am hoping him allowing us to use lifers for ascension costs is something of a compromise.

but i am a new player and want to catch up with the big guys :(

Return to “Suggestions Archive”