A Humble Suggestion To the Establishment

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

A Humble Suggestion To the Establishment

Stop. Spitting. Into. Yourown. Porridge.

Start holding yourselves (mods) to a higher standard. It is unexcusable for a mod of any section using any font color to shrug/lol off any forum violations anywhere by anyone.
Don`t let the fact it`s not a particular mods section or that he`s not using a mod color be an exuse to stand by idly loling. Period. Its a horrible and infuriating example. Step up, shape up, or don`t complain at the state of the forum. I`m not saying that you should make everyone global mods. I`m saying is, the badge of the blue name ought to come with a certain standard all over the forum, one that atleast states one should not jest or even condone forum violations. Since as apparently atm, as long that it`s not their section, it`s not their problem but a joke/pun opportunity.

Such actions are hypocritical and detremental to the community. They create uncertainty and a sense of arbitrarity and the dreaded vibe bias even when there is none there. How can you blame anyone for feeling that, when the predominant vibe is that you guys don`t have a clue as a left hand of what the right hand is / ought to be doing? When the blue names are getting the perks/respect of the position in every section, but apparanetly feel they only need to enforce and percive holly the rules in their particular corners of the forum?

When X mods shrug something off and the "random" correctly authorized one loggs on to slap people that were basically succered into thinking something is "ok" since "there is a mod and he`s go nothing against it". Too bad he`s not the mod of the right section and/or of the character to act as one everywhere & all the time. Sucks to be you random person, get informed. Mod only sets and example in his corner of the woods.

As it stands the only consistency you guys are showing is one of backroom drama and slapping people with warnings for rasing issues in the "inappropriate sections". :roll:
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: A Humble Suggestion To the Establishment

lol
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Jacko, this isn`t even about you. About anyone in particular infact.

Off all the things one could accuse you, basic inconsistency is not one of them.

You`re equally inconsistent in all sections and all situations. So that makes you predictable and ignorable. :lol:

Just throwing you a bone to think about during those intensive "brainstormings" of how to improve things. Crazy notions of I dunno, starting by taking a look at a mirror.

"lol", I know. :roll:
ImageImage For Rome!

Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Consistently inconsistent? Oxymoron much? :lol:
Brdavs
Forum Elder

That`s the beauty of it. One gets to use an elitist phraze and call you biased at the same time. :lol:

P.S. Not that I`m saying anyone is biased. Just observing some satatystical trends that I`m sure are just coincidential.

Now warn yourself for spamming and derailing my legitimate suggestion topic plz. :P
ImageImage For Rome!

Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Sure I would warn myself, if I were actually spamming. However my post had deeper meaning. I was basically telling that what you wanted wasn't going to happen, all nicely summed up in one acronym. 8)
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Ok, gotcha, fair enough. :D

There`s that patented consistet inconsistency again btw. :P

Still think you guys & gals should get more serious on occasion thoe. :lol:
ImageImage For Rome!

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I actually think thats one of the singally best post you have ever made Brdavs. And in theory its so true. In actuallity its hard if not impossible to accomplish, tho we are trying to work on it, even tho it aparently doesnt show.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I agree one hundred percent with the notion that it is unacceptable for members of the forum staff to condone or make light of rulebreaking which occurs in sections of the forum other than their own. Although it's not against a rule, per se, it sets a bad example to the rest of the community and lowers the reputation of the forum staff as a whole.

Robe wrote:Performance Reviews
Confidential Performance Reviews of all moderators will be conducted quarterly by the quorum of Administrators using the Guiding Principles.
A timely review will also be conducted if Administrators receive more than 3 serious complaints against a specific moderator within a 30 day period.[/b][/color]

Such actions would, I'd assume, be taken into account by the admin during their quarterly performance reviews. Behaving in such a manner isn't against any specific written rule, but would undoubtedly reflect poorly on an individual's record as a moderator and upstanding member of the forum staff. Just make sure that a log is kept of such incidents, and that they're brought to the attention of one or more of the forum admin.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Lore wrote: In actuallity its hard if not impossible to accomplish, tho we are trying to work on it, even tho it aparently doesnt show.

Don`t brake your back there (carrying someone) lore lol

:roll:
ImageImage For Rome!

papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

Lore wrote:I actually think thats one of the singally best post you have ever made Brdavs. And in theory its so true. In actuallity its hard if not impossible to accomplish, tho we are trying to work on it, even tho it aparently doesnt show.

=D>

i see u lore and raise u one, as a leader of the mod in fect(u kinda the mod manger right ?)

shouldn't u be taking care of mods who do not set examples for the forum on a whole, by there posts and there actions ?

never payed that much attention to these things before, but lately, can help but be amazed by what i see
Easy^ Rocks
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:
Lore wrote:I actually think thats one of the singally best post you have ever made Brdavs. And in theory its so true. In actuallity its hard if not impossible to accomplish, tho we are trying to work on it, even tho it aparently doesnt show.

=D>

i see u lore and raise u one, as a leader of the mod in fect(u kinda the mod manger right ?)

shouldn't u be taking care of mods who do not set examples for the forum on a whole, by there posts and there actions ?

never payed that much attention to these things before, but lately, can help but be amazed by what i see

have you put blinders on?

I remeber you yourself talking about the pitiful state of forums before. Balance is alot harder to find then you think.

So is it now that where there is no modding to complain about that you complain there is no modding, and when modding is done, you complain about said modding?

Seems to be a no win situation for the administration there.

And that was a general statement/question, not asked directly to you pappa. Another thing that gets me is it seems 90% of the actual warnings no one wants to contest, or even openly admits they are/were warnable offenses, its just the way in which it was done. Just an observation.

Glad to see you back in forums pappa.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

As Brdvs points out, even if its not there section , mods should point out when someing is wrong, and from all the reports that get pulled up BY blue mods for the GM's to deal with, they are doing that. One or two things may slip by, but this is the case in all walks of life. Anyone who decides to mod this forum deserves only your respect, not your resentment. I dont know where these claims have come from, and there is no evidence or links to back it up?

As for Mod discipline, they are often disciplined, mostly not in the public, however when we do air our laundy there, i dont see anyone comeing forward and speaking up for us takeing the right course of action, when people are running around with little petitions trying to get people sacked because there nose has been put out of joint because of the fact they have been punished in the first place.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

buck wrote:
As for Mod discipline, they are often disciplined, mostly not in the public, however when we do air our laundy there, i dont see anyone comeing forward and speaking up for us takeing the right course of action, when people are running around with little petitions trying to get people sacked because there nose has been put out of joint because of the fact they have been punished in the first place.

for u, buck a double :-D :-D

and no lore, never really pay that much annotation to the "i hate/ i love this mod or that for this or that reason" threads, but times changes, as do people.

some times it seems that some mods act(sized to show not all all the time lol) act just like those they should be warning. There is alot of bias calling happening, and the like. As admin, i do not envy your job, u are the floor mangers of the MODS. And as in all things, good mangers never talk to there charges in front of the customers, unless they really deserve it. But a code of conduct for mods would help, do u have one written ?
Easy^ Rocks

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”