attack formula

Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

Forum wrote:that sounds about right...
so you attacked someone aprox 14/700ths your rank.... .there is a modifier (not a random one) that limits the amount of naq you get the further down you go.... long travel distances and all ;)

I can understand that, but why should I be punished for someone slumming... plus you hardly get anyone worth the attack in the upper levels.. let alone someone that is as balanced as I am can not touch the 1.5 mil defense...

even so I should still get over half of what they had...

slowly starting to lose faith in the game...
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i am not against looking at the balance of the game...
although - look at it from the rank 700 point of view...
someone in top 10 hits you -- you lose all your Naq? How do you compete? Grow? Climb to rise to their level? By taking, for example, 25% or 30% of the Naq... you lose some and become 'less attractive' target... yet keep some of your wealth....
So you're suggesting losing at least 1/2 on such an attack?
What is you attacked the rank #20 or #30 if you were #10 ... I could see it then....
It is a fine balance to keep it fair for the 'masses' as well as the top 10 or top 50 .... and give the lower ranks a chance to actually build as well...

If you have a suggestion, would gladly listen and think on it...

Lord_Core wrote:
Forum wrote:that sounds about right...
so you attacked someone aprox 14/700ths your rank.... .there is a modifier (not a random one) that limits the amount of naq you get the further down you go.... long travel distances and all ;)

I can understand that, but why should I be punished for someone slumming... plus you hardly get anyone worth the attack in the upper levels.. let alone someone that is as balanced as I am can not touch the 1.5 mil defense...

even so I should still get over half of what they had...

slowly starting to lose faith in the game...
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

I'm extremely happy with just about everything so far, ranked 9 and i remember when i wasn't! so i can appreciate the fact that you shouldn't completely rob the lower levels, you get a fair amount as it is... you're doing a great job Forum and a fair one... and i dont mind that sometimes i get a higher percentage from someone ranked 100 below me compared to someone 10 below me.... SOMETIMES, nothing is guaranteed :)
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

Forum wrote:i am not against looking at the balance of the game...
although - look at it from the rank 700 point of view...
someone in top 10 hits you -- you lose all your Naq? How do you compete? Grow? Climb to rise to their level? By taking, for example, 25% or 30% of the Naq... you lose some and become 'less attractive' target... yet keep some of your wealth....
So you're suggesting losing at least 1/2 on such an attack?
What is you attacked the rank #20 or #30 if you were #10 ... I could see it then....
It is a fine balance to keep it fair for the 'masses' as well as the top 10 or top 50 .... and give the lower ranks a chance to actually build as well...

If you have a suggestion, would gladly listen and think on it...

I have worked my way from the 1400's rank with out help from anyone I have only 3 officers and one of them is myself... I know what its like to scratch, bite, and claw your way to the top... I just finaly got the covert cap to see Fox's unit size! 9,900 troops! Would like to see how many of those are mercs.

I'm not saying how it is wrong but I was less than steller happy with the formula. Today I'm kind of happy with how my attacking has gone... and this is what I'm trying to get at...

My top 100 attack the guy had 300k and I stole 160k from them... then I found some guy that had 360k rank 125 area stole 240k... and then I found some guy that had 800k out in the open ranked 950 to 1050... and with 15 attack turns stole 470k... over half...

each instance I took over half... but yesterday... I wasnt getting half I was getting 40 t0 45%... I'm not asking for 70%... I know 20 to 30k is complaining but hey, when you are trying to catch the top... every little bit helps... specialy in my shoes where I have to bank every last drop... or it gets jacked because my defense is soooo pathatic...because everything is near the same in stats... capt avarage here...

Ideas I been tossing around that I have not posted on the boards...

I have tossed out a few ideas... how about Def Con Green, Yellow, Orange, Red that works like the high alert from spys attacking you... costing a base cost of money adding big bonuses to defense that people cant see...

Battle Cry... a one time bonus to attack that can be purchased depending on the bonus bought... +25% to +200%... Using this option also reduces the damage to weapons by the amount bought... That way when it costs 60k to repair guns... it makes it worth it to attack someone that has 150k naq rather than having to look for someone with 350k +

You can call it like, Getting Strapped +25%, The Battle Speach +50%, Red Eye Battle Preach +75%, Conquer Battle Battle +100... (Dumb names to come up with but ideas none the less....)

I still like the idea I came up with, being you need a base amount of money on hand to attack someone. I have posted a few times on game suggestion threads... It was that on a successefull defend you steal a % of money based on your rank needed to attack you (IE need to have 100k 1-50, 75k 51-200, 50k 201-800, 25k 801+)... I mean hey if attacking down we lose money... than attacking up from the lower ranks should have a risk of losing money...

as well as a small cost per spy, 150 naq needed, to send them in to Sabotage or spy on someone... so people have money on hand always instead of sitting in the bank taking up space...

The main thing is cost effectiveness... need to make those 15 attack turns count for the max income you can get...
jay6669
Forum Newbie

i dont know i agree with lord every time i attack close to me i get far less $ and the higher the defence the less it cost me to repair and the lower the defence the more and i get more $ if i attack 100 or so ranks down than if i attack 10 lower or a few higher
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

just to be difficult, remember it is range <x to y> for everything...
so if you go lower and get closer to y, or higher and closer to x, they could be the same.... although if you average over 10 attacks, for example, on higher versus lower, higher will return more Naq (on average!) ....
the universe moves too quickly to predict it exactly :)

jay6669 wrote:i dont know i agree with lord every time i attack close to me i get far less $ and the higher the defence the less it cost me to repair and the lower the defence the more and i get more $ if i attack 100 or so ranks down than if i attack 10 lower or a few higher

Return to “Bugs Archive”