stop real world trading.

the grim reefer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sand Village
Race: HVE
ID: 66079

stop real world trading.

having checked wolfs links i didnt see this anywhere(apologies if i missed it).

anyhow i would like to suggest a stop on real world trading of resources by caping trade limits.
having spent a few months away from the game i truly believe this is a core problem "ingame" and would really force out the money makers leaving the game to the real players.
account growth would benefit those that put the effort in rather than the cash and reward players who are here to play not make $.
with a proper cap on uu,naq and ats it would also put a new twist on wars/massing.

1,2 trades per hour(limits to be put in place of quantity)
2,quantity of resources to be a % of the sellers total size.ie..income of naq and uu(the more you self earn the more % you can trade).even at war with less naq income youre uu(unit pro) can still add to youre limit.
3,the black market will become more effective for players with cash to burn.
4,planets and income will once again be valuable(the more self earn the more trade limit)because if you really wanna hurt someone you can reduce/take there ability to trade.
5,on ascension you can have 1 full limit trade for all those who broker and return to keep there goods on ascending.
6,accounts can still be bought and sold just not there huge bulk resources broken and sold seperatly.(keeping actual account prices good)
7,new player growth would be realistic(much harder) and yes this would benefit the older/longterm players who have put the time and effort into
building.

anyway..there is more but for now please feel free to shoot me down in flames but my sons play a game where somthing along the same lines was initiated and it really improved play and made the game more realistic.

reefer.
Blood washes off, Bruises go away, Bones heal, Scars show character, Pain is Temporary, VICTORY lasts forever!
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

Re: stop real world trading.

just a side note*

normal trading would remain the same..goods for goods at market rate whilst reducing the ability to give uneven trades..
ie. 10 trill naq for 1 at wich is either very generouse or a sale of the naq for real world cash.
Blood washes off, Bruises go away, Bones heal, Scars show character, Pain is Temporary, VICTORY lasts forever!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

impossible to police.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

well seeing as how they managed on other games im sure it could be done here and it would be a nice kick in the nuts for all multis who create accounts then buy ss and transfer all goods to the one account or for selling.
i no it would be a radical change and upset many but if you play to play and not to earn or cheat then its well worth thinking about.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

He cant, admin tried to stop it before, and the same day he did it, another site popped up that allowed $$ trading and everyone went there, when it comes to ingame its impossible to know if someone is buying it with $$ or not when from a trade broker....

The only way admin can stop this is by altering the prices in his own $$ market, admin could stop it if he made his own prices better, after all its all profit for admin.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

SuperSaiyan wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:He cant, admin tried to stop it before, and the same day he did it, another site popped up that allowed $$ trading and everyone went there, when it comes to ingame its impossible to know if someone is buying it with $$ or not when from a trade broker....

The only way admin can stop this is by altering the prices in his own $$ market, admin could stop it if he made his own prices better, after all its all profit for admin.

even then it wouldn't work, cause you'd always have people under selling

it would because you would have set market prices that fluctuate as per need like normal markets and why would the real players leave?? multis,cash players and general cheats yeh sure let em go.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

the grim reefer wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:He cant, admin tried to stop it before, and the same day he did it, another site popped up that allowed $$ trading and everyone went there, when it comes to ingame its impossible to know if someone is buying it with $$ or not when from a trade broker....

even then it wouldn't work, cause you'd always have people under selling

it would because you would have set market prices that fluctuate as per need like normal markets and why would the real players leave?? multis,cash players and general cheats yeh sure let em go.

There'll always be a black market, though, and there'll always be people that don't care about the game and play for the sole purpose of generating income. These people don't care about getting a "good price" they just want to make whatever they can from doing essentially nothing. Such people would continue to undercut the market regardless of the circumstances; the only difference here being that they'd have to go to a little more effort in order to do it.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

ok,,,so having read the above comments how would this not work??

admins/sgw black market would be the main way to buy resources with cash(the other way is to buy accounts outright).
putting a percentage cap on trades using existing market prices wich would go up or down depending on need would prevent many of the above that i commented on..
there would be no..10trill for 1 at trades.
you could only give away youre limit per hour or 1 trade per game turn..the limit could be*throws a figure*..10 percent of total income generated and the normal market for trades would stay the same ie.600 bill nar per 1 mill uu or ats or whatever..this trading would stay the same but be regulated by market prices and players capped limits on trade.

cash buys for unlimited resources could then go through admins/sgw black market,uu,ats,naq or planets as is now.
again i tell ya ive seen this on another game that was ruined by real world trading dollars,pounds whatever for resources and there admin/owner implemented this and now the games there for players who play not cheat,earn or multi.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Hey don't take away my 25$ i make every 2 weeks i need that money for ...... my mortgage :lol:
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

If you search my posts, I already suggested this a long time ago, fair trade values ( say 1 Mill could only be traded for between 550-750 Bill Naq ) to stop $$$ sales and transfers to vulture accounts that build fleets just for planet stripping.

It will never happen because many of the big traders also reinvest some of the $$$ they make back into the game.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

The black market is IMPOSSIBLE to police.
All i need is someone's MSN. Talk to them, they give me an account, i use online banking to send the money, and they just broker me ingame for the goods. Even if you removed the broker, you can STILL sell your defenses, and have them attack you for the resources, especially Naq
Tekki
Forum Addict

The thing is for a lot of legitimate reasons people do do what could be seen as dodgy trades - allaince programs for instance, usually involve what could be seen as $$ trades as they involve like 1trillion naq for 1naq.

There is a lot of legitimate reasons why someone wants to trade large amounts for a smaller amount of resources.

A CO giving his officer some stuff, someone in an alliance giving stuff to another person, gifts of naq or UU to new players, or transfers of UU before someone hits extended vacation or comes back from vacation.

I can think of a heap.

Suggestions to monitor and control it mean that if you want to do it, you'd have to be talking to Jason or one of the other Game Admins ALL THE TIME to get them done.

It's a nice thing to suggest, but it's not going to happen.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Lore wrote:impossible to police.

True. It is impossible to police but it would still stop a majority of the trading if we did it. :shock:
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:If you search my posts, I already suggested this a long time ago, fair trade values ( say 1 Mill could only be traded for between 550-750 Bill Naq ) to stop $$$ sales and transfers to vulture accounts that build fleets just for planet stripping.

It will never happen because many of the big traders also reinvest some of the $$$ they make back into the game.

As MEZZANINE suggests, the only way to do it is by being able to transfer resources in-game using fixed values against other resources - the only snag here is that it then affects people who are genuinely giving resources away to help their friends/alliance mates.

In a perfect world I'd like to see $$ trades gone completely - there is potential risk to the continuation of the game as well as to the impact on 'real' players - but it is nigh on impossible to do. :?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:If you search my posts, I already suggested this a long time ago, fair trade values ( say 1 Mill could only be traded for between 550-750 Bill Naq ) to stop $$$ sales and transfers to vulture accounts that build fleets just for planet stripping.

As MEZZANINE suggests, the only way to do it is by being able to transfer resources in-game using fixed values against other resources - the only snag here is that it then affects people who are genuinely giving resources away to help their friends/alliance mates.

In a perfect world I'd like to see $$ trades gone completely - there is potential risk to the continuation of the game as well as to the impact on 'real' players - but it is nigh on impossible to do. :?

it still doesnt stop it as you can simply put naq and UU out in the open to be taken by the buyer.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”