Bombard Planet Option

Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Bombard Planet Option

I was doing an attack and was thinking it would be nice to have an option to bombard a planet from orbit WITHOUT stealing it. Just blast the heck out of it. :-D

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Bombard Planet Option

Isn't this just a bit.. lazy?

If you want to make sure that you don't steal a planet, then just be sure to calculate your fleet strength versus their defense and make sure that you don't attack too many times. This seems like more work for Jason in a game which benefits the mouse clickers instead of the people who take the time to work these things out.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Mordack wrote:Isn't this just a bit.. lazy?

If you want to make sure that you don't steal a planet, then just be sure to calculate your fleet strength versus their defense and make sure that you don't attack too many times. This seems like more work for Jason in a game which benefits the mouse clickers instead of the people who take the time to work these things out.

Sorry, didn't realize you could do that. Only been playing a little over three weeks so still working out the mechanics of the game. I'll give that a try.

Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Lonewolf1968 wrote:
Mordack wrote:Isn't this just a bit.. lazy?

Sorry, didn't realize you could do that. Only been playing a little over three weeks so still working out the mechanics of the game. I'll give that a try.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I guess I mistook for someone who had been playing longer and responded accordingly. Sorry again.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I guess I mistook for someone who had been playing longer and responded accordingly. Sorry again.[/quote]

:lol:

That's cool. Most people look at my stats and assume I've been playing awhile. Just had a good CO and great Alliance members.

Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Any mods who read this can delete this thread. My question was answered to my satisfaction.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

No need to delete it, as I'd like to point out an unfair advantage as far as I am concerned.

Personally I agree with being able to attack a planet without taking it for 2 reasons.

1. If you have 10 planets you can not attack another planet at all in any way shape or form. Why?

2. By not "taking" it, the benifits are unchanged so the defender does not lose anything but naq invested in def/PF. So what is the real "down side" to allowing it?

Give it a cost increase. Make the attack more devistating on attacking MS but allow it. There is no good reason not to as its another case of well planned and well maintained accounts getting the shaft. Another case of "I can hit you, but you can't hit me"

Some will say, just ditch a planet, and that is an option, but really, WHY can a MS not defend a planet under attack when being "taken" and the MS is home, and what does having 10 planets in your realm got to do with your MS attacking another planet.

JMO
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder

Lore wrote:No need to delete it, as I'd like to point out an unfair advantage as far as I am concerned.

Personally I agree with being able to attack a planet without taking it for 2 reasons.

1. If you have 10 planets you can not attack another planet at all in any way shape or form. Why?

2. By not "taking" it, the benifits are unchanged so the defender does not lose anything but naq invested in def/PF. So what is the real "down side" to allowing it?

Give it a cost increase. Make the attack more devistating on attacking MS but allow it. There is no good reason not to as its another case of well planned and well maintained accounts getting the shaft. Another case of "I can hit you, but you can't hit me"

Some will say, just ditch a planet, and that is an option, but really, WHY can a MS not defend a planet under attack when being "taken" and the MS is home, and what does having 10 planets in your realm got to do with your MS attacking another planet.

JMO

I could live with that option. Being able to attack a planet outright just sems more realistic to me. It is done all the time on SG-1 AND SGA.

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Seconds Lore's thoughts. The ability to remove someones defenses, even with 10 planets of your own would be good, especially for war if they added a multiplier for ME

Return to “Suggestions Archive”