the real problem

Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

the real problem

ok so i have an idea to stop the real problem

LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE

as i see it the problem is the constant change everybodys answer seems to be MORE CHANGE

now maybe i'm a little slow but while "if it aint broke don't fix it" dosen't apply because it's already broke the much wiser "if you dont know what your doing LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE" seems to fit perfectly

every problem currently can be overlooked or accepted, with time, not a perfect solution but this isn't a perfect world every update is a bandaid for the symptoms that stuffs something else up rather than a cure so put down the edit button and just walk away

let people base the way they play on rules that don't change by the month and maybe people will stop complaining
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: the real problem

I don't really have the time to write a full reply to this but perhaps you'd best consider that there is only ONE viableway of playing at the moment and that's sniper. Attackers have far faar far far too much power when compared to defending.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Deaths_Rider wrote:ok so i have an idea to stop the real problem

as i see it the problem is the constant change everybodys answer seems to be MORE CHANGE

now maybe i'm a little slow but while "if it aint broke don't fix it" dosen't apply because it's already broke the much wiser "if you dont know what your doing LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE" seems to fit perfectly

every problem currently can be overlooked or accepted, with time, not a perfect solution but this isn't a perfect world every update is a bandaid for the symptoms that stuffs something else up rather than a cure so put down the edit button and just walk away

let people base the way they play on rules that don't change by the month and maybe people will stop complaining

so your fine with poor/exploitable/game ruining updates being put in, but not removed?

Intresting.

You can not win a war, period. If you like that then fine I guess. Personally I wonder why we even play anymore.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

Deaths_Rider wrote:ok so i have an idea to stop the real problem

^^What he said.

Lore wrote:so your fine with poor/exploitable/game ruining updates being put in, but not removed?

Intresting.

You can not win a war, period. If you like that then fine I guess. Personally I wonder why we even play anymore.

I have to disagree with you on this one. If the "poor/exploitable/game ruining updates" are not complained upon, and thus forgotten, that becomes "the norm". Then when they come out with "good updates" or "fixes for the bad updates", they're that much better.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

ramen07 wrote:
Lore wrote:so your fine with poor/exploitable/game ruining updates being put in, but not removed?

Intresting.

I have to disagree with you on this one. If the "poor/exploitable/game ruining updates" are not complained upon, and thus forgotten, that becomes "the norm". Then when they come out with "good updates" or "fixes for the bad updates", they're that much better.

You lost me.

A bad update is a bad update. period.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
ramen07
Forum Expert

I'm saying if there was an update that was considered "bad", and then everyone forgot about how "bad" it was, that update would become just another part of the game. In other words, it wouldn't be "bad" anymore.

Then, when that update is fixed, instead of "Wow, that horrible update is finally fixed", players would say "Holy ___ this is awesome!!" There is a distinct difference: the first statement implies the update goes from bad to ok. The second implies a change from ok to good. Same update, but which reaction would you rather have?
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

ramen07 wrote:I'm saying if there was an update that was considered "bad", and then everyone forgot about how "bad" it was, that update would become just another part of the game. In other words, it wouldn't be "bad" anymore.

Then, when that update is fixed, instead of "Wow, that horrible update is finally fixed", players would say "Holy ___ this is awesome!!" There is a distinct difference: the first statement implies the update goes from bad to ok. The second implies a change from ok to good. Same update, but which reaction would you rather have?

Id rather just fix or remove a bad update instead of leaving it for 2 or 3 yrs till everyone forgets how bad it is LOL

I see the jest of what your trying to say, but see no logic in the thought process of leaving/ignoring horrid updates for long periods of time.
Reason, youll get dead.
ramen07
Forum Expert

The logic is in the change of opinion :wink:
Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

the logic is that every update is a bad one lately, they leave new problems to solve and don't help, so leave the game alone untill you know what your doing find one or one series of updates that will fix as many problems as possible without causing new ones, test it well and for a long period in beta then impliment. no more knee jerk reactions that do more damage than good

and if you wonder why you play then give up and let people that enjoy the game play without your whinging
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
unseen1
Forum Irregular
ID: 50862
Location: Close to the Black hole drinking tea with black monster

Are you the one with 8 mill army...wait when you reach 50 mill and be a farm to a stateless 10 mill player who has nothing to loose and frankly looses nothing because he is farming you without any cost what so ever.

To move on,every bad update you and your friend call it was placed there because they weren't targeted at problem but rather were healing the symptoms.And we all know what happens to a patient who has pneumonia and yet his doctor is giving him aspirin for his headache.Tell that patience to ignore bad treatment and wait for month or so and he will see that it is good treatment.
Game has some serious issues that are in need to address not ignore otherwise it will die even faster.

And to be honest I can even imagine what do you enjoy in a game that has no real objective other than bore your opponent to the death.
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

Mehh lets just blame it on purgatory, isn't that the universal band aid now?? You don't like something you make up some segway to link it to perg, right?? :lol: :lol: The only way to fix this mess is to strip it back to when it was good so just at the time when they put it up to 3 ATs a turn over 1 a turn... that was when this game was at its peak, it was moving along fast enough and it wasn't weighed down with the rest of the crap put on. Its like getting a perfectly good car and tuning it to the point where it blows up, the game has exploded yet but its bound to soon
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

LOL

Nice one unseen.

There are some things that common sense and logic can tell you. A prime example is planets and capps. Explain to me one shred of useable logic when it comes to them.

Planets hyper excellerate growth, and att/def abilities. Then he cuts the capp to a crawl. Now we have a syndrome of drag racing from redlight to redlight. WHY put in an update to hyper acceralte growth (10 UP planets) and then follow it with an update to stop growth in its tracks( the plague limit grows at 125 mill per YEAR) A semi active raider, coupled with normal growth can hit the plague limit in a year or less.

Couple this with the fact you can not hurt anyone, and honestly, whats the point anymore? A 10 mill army size guy can wage war on my 420+ mill army successfully long term, and I can continue to grow basicly unhindered during it.

Look at Q (the player), 2 mill men in losses to kill 50 mill men. Defenses are a complete and total liability and a waste.

I remeber before planets and a few more bad updates like the MS tech, I could beat someone into submission if i was willing to bear the cost, and I was also beaten into submission more then once. I enjoyed the game so much more then.
Reason, youll get dead.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

ergo..

points to his final solution thread.

Ignoring the problems does not make them go away... I really don't like that as a stance to take. Some of the current updates have been around three years and I still hate them as much as when they first came out. the only difference is now, a lot more people have come round to my way of thinking, and I am not argued off the forums for it this time.

If we can see the problems, and find a solution, by right.. they should be tested on the test server and see how they progress over a 3-4month period.

I am quite certain the changes I suggested would drastically improve the game and make it a lot more tactical as people will serious start having to think about just massing wildly and engaging people in war, not to mention 10mill accounts wont be able to abuse the 200millers without a sever losses.

We can choose to suggest possible solutions and test them, or just leave the game in the state it is.

Lore is right. You cannot win wars, the game is TOO balanced (small accounts can do as much damage as large ones for the same cost's and overall effects), Motherships can be in two places at once, at availability has run riot, and pretty much all there is left to do is argue, reach 415mill army size and fight the plague...or I suppose you could just spend a fortune ascending further into that dead end server, or farm and make the odd random stat, so obtuse it goes from being greatly fair, to horribly unfair.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
ramen07
Forum Expert

unseen1 wrote:Are you the one with 8 mill army...wait when you reach 50 mill and be a farm to a stateless 10 mill player who has nothing to loose and frankly looses nothing because he is farming you without any cost what so ever.

I'm the one with a 58mill army :wink:

A bit smaller because I just ascended but eh, around the same. If it's a small player with just a big strike, sab his weapons. Or, build a defense. It's kinda how you keep your naq...

@Semper- In circumstances where Jason would look at players' problems with updates, he would implement changes in the beta server, then bring them about in main if they "fix the problem". However, this is not the case. I seriously doubt that Jason would stand back and do nothing if he saw these; I assume that he doesn't read players' complaints. And since he won't be changing anything anytime soon because of his lack of reading these threads, it would be better to not complain at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for your suggested changes. I simply believe that if Jason won't look at them, there's no conceivable way that they will be implemented, therefore you're speaking (quite eloquently) to deaf ears.

After all, if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is there to witness it, does it make a sound? Yes. But does that sound in any way, shape, or form matter to ears that aren't listening? Absolutely not.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

ramen07 wrote: If it's a small player with just a big strike, sab his weapons. Or, build a defense. It's kinda how you keep your naq...

What good does sabbing a few weapons do? All you need is enough naq to buy 1 weapon in your bank and your unstoppable. There too much naq out there for the taking.

As for the "defense" theory,,, again, go talk to Q. When he can lose 2 mill men killing 50 mill, well, are you willing to accept those kind of loses? and for what? you can farm more naq then you can make on your own income.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”