The Dead To Me List

A record of past signatures, avatars, and any other graphics.

Moderator: Market Mods

murkar
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ougatz
Race: System Lords
ID: 0

The Dead To Me List

I'm sure a few of the sig makers here have noticed this new trend. It's come to my attention that several people have created sig requests, and then left them to die. Simply, they ask for sigs to be made and offer a price for the winner(s), and then we the sig makers work on the sigs and post them there, only to learn that the person who made the request is ignoring their own thread. I will tolerate no disrespect of this sort, and I suggest that other sig makers follow this lead.

I drafted a thread similar to this one on the same topic only a week ago, but deleted it because I decided that the small number of people ignoring their threads were shouldn't give a bad reputation to all of those who make honest requests. I decided that the number was too small for a thread of this sort to be made. Obviously, I was wrong.

To all of those who have shown disrespect to us in this manner: This is not appreciated. I'm not going to swear back at you if you swear at me, and I'm not going to freak out. A teacher of mine has a list of similar sorts, so mine can be found below. Anybody in this list will be unable to recieve a sig from me.

To the sig makers of this forum:If anybody shows disrespect by not responding to their threads (or by doing so in an immature and inappropriate manner), I suggest that you boycott their request threads. It is, however, ultimately your decision.

The Dead To Me List:
~Squall~
Arios
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1931017

Re: The Dead To Me List

It should be noted that forumers have the right to not purchase a sig if they dont find what they were looking for, and if this is the case they should give a reason why. This wil be so sig makers will know where they are going wrong and can take steps to better thier work.

if I find sig makers are complaining because someone didnt like their style I will boycott thier boycott :P

that said, this is a fine idea so that sig makers will also know who the con artists and general A/holes are
- - - - - Image - - - - -
Spoiler
I make sigs on request, PM me if u want to see more examples of my work.
murkar
Forum Regular

Arios wrote:It should be noted that forumers have the right to not purchase a sig if they dont find what they were looking for, and if this is the case they should give a reason why. This wil be so sig makers will know where they are going wrong and can take steps to better thier work.

if I find sig makers are complaining because someone didnt like their style I will boycott thier boycott :P

that said, this is a fine idea so that sig makers will also know who the con artists and general A/holes are

I definitely agree with this; I will not boycott somebody simply because they don't like my work, and if I have in the past then I apologize.
Awaken Knight
Forum Elite
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 38569

what duration would you consider someone who has not responded to their own signature request to say that they have abandoned it?

I also agree that it is very disrespectful to the sig makers if someone does not respond in quite a long time or has abandoned their thread.. if something has happened in RL which means that they would not be able to be actively checking their thread then they should make it known towards everyone.

Spoiler
Arios
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1931017

not really pointing fingers, just saying so this black list stays legit. I guess anythitng over a week without an excuse would get on my nerves, should also check to see if that member is posting on the forum elsewhere and avoding this area :? or something to see if they are active

[spoiler]im watching you cjl >.<[/spoiler]
- - - - - Image - - - - -
Spoiler
I make sigs on request, PM me if u want to see more examples of my work.
murkar
Forum Regular

~jin~ wrote:what duration would you consider someone who has not responded to their own signature request to say that they have abandoned it?

I also agree that it is very disrespectful to the sig makers if someone does not respond in quite a long time or has abandoned their thread.. if something has happened in RL which means that they would not be able to be actively checking their thread then they should make it known towards everyone.

Even if something like that has happened, it doesn't excuse vulgarity. I'm not sure about the time period and about something bad happening in RL, because opinions on the matter will all be subjective - this is the reason I've made the list my own opinion, because I doubt that an agreement could be reached which represents everybody's opinions on the subject. If I learn that somebody's father has died, for instance, I will probably not only excuse a reply of over two weeks, but I'll probably give the sig free of charge (unless of course they're rude and scathing). For others, though, this may not be the case.

For my list, I'll say as a general rule that about two weeks of nonresponsiveness is considered disrespectful enough to make the list. A week is annoying, but not enough for me to say that the person will never use one of my sigs. It might seem short, but if somebody is only on the forums every two weeks then they don't need the sig anyways.

That's my opinion.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I recently sent out some pm's to the owners of older sig requests. Some completed I've moved over to Archives, but I was waiting on a full week no pm reply before acting on others.

Something like locking the sig request, and changing the title to ' Closed due to Inactivity on Buyers Part' IDK, to be moved to Archive.

It's pretty easy to use the search button here on forum, to look at who you are making a sig for. Finding a topic stating such inactivity, would no doubt discourage people from buying, just as they would in other Market sections.

Personally Murkar, I see this as valid point of discussion, and perhaps a warning to Sig makers who do put in a lot of effort that is unrewarded. But, posting your personal list of boycotted users.. perhaps a tad OTT.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
murkar
Forum Regular

Caprila wrote:I recently sent out some pm's to the owners of older sig requests. Some completed I've moved over to Archives, but I was waiting on a full week no pm reply before acting on others.

Something like locking the sig request, and changing the title to ' Closed due to Inactivity on Buyers Part' IDK, to be moved to Archive.

It's pretty easy to use the search button here on forum, to look at who you are making a sig for. Finding a topic stating such inactivity, would no doubt discourage people from buying, just as they would in other Market sections.

Personally Murkar, I see this as valid point of discussion, and perhaps a warning to Sig makers who do put in a lot of effort that is unrewarded. But, posting your personal list of boycotted users.. perhaps a tad OTT.

I wouldn't say so; I see it as a slight to all who made sigs at request. Some people spend an hour on sigs, some even more - to have even twenty minutes of time wasted on request and for it to go unrewarded I find to be extremely inconsderate, not to mention the fact that sometimes five people do this, not just one. If you would like, delete this post. I don't want to deter people from requesting sigs, just from requesting them and then not even taking the time to look at them.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Arios wrote:[spoiler]im watching you cjl >.<[/spoiler]

O.o

anyway, i think anyone saying something like this ends in a week, if they arent on at the and of week it is being disrespectful and not worthy of anyones work. We should ge a forum group made for us :P society of hard working sig makers, works to improve the quality of our work and respect shown towards us :D

optional to opt into, but means we have a pact for things liike refusal to work on some peoples requests following signs of disrespect
J-ronimo
Forum Expert

This is why there are two threads, shops and requests.

You freely enter into request, nothing is certain, so i don't know why making a big deal out of it.

Shops on the other hand are more certain....obviously.

As said, sigs aren't always up to the taste of a buyer. Just waiting for something to catch his eyes.

Making such lists is a bit, well, odd.
Sometimes you sound like Jack, self centered...
There are plenty of sig makers around here, that like to make sigs, it is not all just about you and around you...

There is no obligation in participation in request, ignore them on 1st ball and it will save you some time, words and nerves. As you might have noticed, i don't participate in all.

Buyer is always right...

Peace.
If you wish to trade with me: benti_svizca@hotmail.com
All trades are confidental and anonymous, so feel free to contact me.

minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

thats fine to go by, till they start flaming and becoming rude and insolent, in which case they are completely wrong ;)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

We have "black-listed traders" and "trade feedback" sections; how is having a list of inconsiderate sig buyers/sellers any different?

I took the time to make a sig for the person in question. His thread has now been running for over two months and he comes on once every three weeks, just posts "this is still open" and not much else. If he doesn't like the sigs he is presented with he can at least tell us why and what we can do to improve them. This is a general rule which should apply to all sig requests I think. I think the majority of sig makers have posted in ~Squall~'s thread now.

Its true that everyone has their own style; different people like different styles of sig. So its natural that a lot of sigs will be made and never used. Thats probably why I only tend to make sigs on request. Things like this just remind me why I do that. Also there is the fact that sig design has moved on so much in the past couple of years that my skills are poor compared to most of you budding graphics artists here now.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
J-ronimo
Forum Expert

cjl wrote:thats fine to go by, till they start flaming and becoming rude and insolent, in which case they are completely wrong ;)

If you don't like them, just step out and leave it be.
It is our free will and time to do things that we do....we are not really bound to anything.

If you wanna get paid, if you desperatelly wish to get a reward for your work, you just need to go trough some things. What you will have to put up with depends on the buyer himself ofc.

I am not defending squall here....he didn't tell much about what sig he wants, so we had open hands. There were not much of guidelines or notices about certain sigs. So it is his bad too.
Sig should have been chosen quite some time ago tbh, since there are no more inputs from anyone and he didn't even put down any comments. But this is his call...

Perfect buyer would be Agnonch, not cause i have won it. But he has commented every single sig that was posted on his request. So everyone knew where he stands and what to improve.

It all depends on the buyer....

I got no reply in Noobert's sig request, not even what he liked or disliked. It was like sig has never been posted in there....I didn't bother much, he had his own reasons, maybe cause we are on opposite sides. Who knows. It is one more sig in shop for sale, so it is just stocking up some stuff to sell....
If you wish to trade with me: benti_svizca@hotmail.com
All trades are confidental and anonymous, so feel free to contact me.

serrin
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Genesis
Race: Time Bandit
ID: 1923274

I have to agree with many of the points made. While I don't take part often in sig requests, I have on several occasions spent time and effort, regardless of my level of skill, only to see an entire thread of posters go ignored.

Those individuals show great disrespect to the many helpful and gifted members who devote time to these requests. While I understand no request comes with a guarantee of payment, I see far to many just go completely unanswered, even if to close and thank those who participated.
ImageImage
Spoiler
Made ya look :P
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

#-o

This is what's wrong with sig makers today. You guys run a shoddy business, where you and your artistic talent are right.

So, ok.. this is how it is.

A person requests a signature. The sig makers take their time, make what they want to make, and offer it to the person who requested without much thought to whether it's really what they want. This goes on, or the sig makers, generally take their time and the requester loses interest.

So what do the sig makers do? They basically give the cold shoulder to the customer.

Oh...dear...god.

=D>

fantastic move.

Let me drop a few tid bits of info on your ass there newbies... the customer is ALWAYS right. It's good business, it keeps high retention, I still have sig customers now I had three years ago, and that's with Murkar Nightmare and the likes running around. If they want a black line on a white background, that's what they want.. they don't want you to ad lib unless they ask, they don't want a dark blue line because it may look a little better to you.. they want black...

...and most of the time.. they want the sig before they die. Yeah, don't make it so quick you ruin it, but by god don't take all year.

*raises hands in the air as if to grab the side of his head, but stops and just starts ranting whilst walking off waving arms*
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Graphics Archives”