Makeing Wars Less proffitable, Harder Massing.

buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Makeing Wars Less proffitable, Harder Massing.

This is by no means a finished Article, or design, i really want feedback/comments/add ons and take offs, i think it could really help improve the dynamics of the game. The Geneal idea is the same in it all, make attacking Harder, but only if its done often, thus generally makeing massing harder, which we all know is VERY cheap, and far too easy nowadays, thus makeing wars a little funnable, though still by no means winnable, i cant think of a solution to that...

While Watching Stargate the other week, And idea randomly sprang to mind. This is basically based around the defensive aspect of the game, and motherships. And would basically be anouther, what you would call "race perk" i feel they are quite even.

The idea is a little strange to follow, and would add, in my opinion, a newer aspect, makeing it a little harder to mass, and not quite as easy. We all know massing nowadays, as well as wars, are far too easy, and CHEAP. This would help combat that, i feel.

Attacking strongholded stargates (such as the ones within our own realms) should be a little more difficult than simply swooping in with superior numbers.

We know for example, The tauri/tollan has the Iris in there gate, As expansion on this idea would be, A little similar, but not the same as the asgard race perk, But avilable to ascended races.

So the Tauri/Tollan would have an iris, Which implimented, Say, The same number of times as the ascended blessings of whichever level you where. (Availiable in tech) . This would mean that if you attacked as such, Your Ground forces would be unable to breach the gate, and you would have to rely solely on your motherships strike to breach a defence, If it could not, it would take heavier losses than normal, you would also maybe loose a few team members of your strike team, but not damage any weapons as they would not be used.

Goauld/System Lords , well now, the system lords and goulds, as we know form alliances, well, while not haveing iris technology, the gould have allies at there disposal, no matter how fragile they may be, an attack on a gould stronghold may lead to calls of help, when your mothership comes out of hyperspace to engage in the battle, it may become overwelmed by Hatak Motherships, Which is has to engage instead of attacking the enemy defences and motherships. The mothership would have no affect when this happened, and the attackers mothership however, would have a free shot at the enemy mothership, and thus, would be able to take out weapons and shields and fleets, even if the attack is not high enough...this would happen as often as the tauri

Asgard/Ancients , As we know they are the most advanced race, but will not strike without provocation. A reargard action for them would be swift and desisive. There tech would not work as often as the tauri and system lords (Maybe 75% of the time, as it is , you will agree, far more powerful than theres), (As they must be very angry to use it) but when it did, It would cause, perhaps, 4times the damage it was already doing, Mothership and defence (yes i know it sounds like ascended blessings, but more powerful and with motherships, but the ancients are MIGHTY powerful!)

Replicator/NanoStuff, The sneaky race! (there tech would work the same as tauri, gould...) When attacking this race they have the ability to board your mothership, and cause damage to its systems (so shields and weapons, though not fleets, as they are away from said ship) . Not only would they have this ability, But a small group would go back with your mothership, and kill a token amount of spies, say, 2%. (Im not a mathamatist...) The spies killed makes more sense, because Replicators dont have a "home world" as such, and thus have no need to help defend there base. So no benefit on ground, only mothership and Following back to kill spies.

I reckon that would make things MUCH more spicey!

Have fun tearing it to shreds!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Lord Blackhole
Forum Intermediate
ID: 101050

Re: Makeing Wars Less proffitable, Harder Massing.

Great ideas in theory, but too much changes required in programming. Never will be implemented.
ImageImage
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

i like where your going with this, and i know u sed its by no means the finished article but....

with regards to the iris one, would that still be in effect when the player has 0 def? what would you think of having something like 15-20 hits before you can actually get at their defence (i.e. break through the iris) but have it randomised like the ascended blessing

and before i get the 'thats a terrible idea' treatment off someone, its only a suggestion so chillllllll :-D
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

certainly interesting Phil. It builds up on some ideas I have tried to present in the past and echoes some other MS changes I proposed somewhere.. (oh yeah! In the Origins forums..) so I whole heartedly agree.. but I will return later and give a more detailed opinion. :)
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”