Who would you want back?

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Who would you want back?

buck wrote:Just going through some old forum accounts and came accross this...

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3614

I want him back!!!

:lol: :lol:

rofl.. that's amusing.
I would like Corkscrew back, or Lord Mango, Sovetski.. those guys. :)

Although the Legendary Epic Battle between Buck and Su is going to be pretty historical. :-D Awesomeness coming up. Watch that space.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Toa of Pi, my first CO, and a really nice guy. :)

DudeCo, cuz then he wouldn't be dead. :(

not sure of others right now.
buldog
Forum Newbie

there are 2 players that i would like to return to sgw

eros - most of you know him and you know why i want him back. he is one of the greatest players in this game and he massed everyone he wanted. he was amazing

aga - again most of you know him. he was extorter and so was i, but that guy was also a great player and he wasnt afraid to go against anyone

without players like eros and aga, the game isnt the same. if you guys reading this, get beck here asap

purga
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

buldog wrote:there are 2 players that i would like to return to sgw

eros - most of you know him and you know why i want him back. he is one of the greatest players in this game and he massed everyone he wanted. he was amazing

aga - again most of you know him. he was extorter and so was i, but that guy was also a great player and he wasnt afraid to go against anyone

without players like eros and aga, the game isnt the same. if you guys reading this, get beck here asap

purga

Why do you have yet another account? :?
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

GuardianX, purga & AGA (and all their forum multies) are normally permabanned on forums.. :?
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

Why do people -always- so wistfully look back upon the past? We have this prevailing notion that the past and the past players were some how better than the current ones. Now there are some problems with coding ingame, yes but hasn't there always been some problems?

If you don't look towards the future or at least the present then no wonder people are as depressed ingame as they are.

Look forward people. Honour the past but don't glorify it as being unbeatable and perfect, because it wasn't. Honour the past players but don't yearn after them forever, without acknowledging the current greats.
buldog
Forum Newbie

Universe wrote:
buldog wrote:there are 2 players that i would like to return to sgw

purga

Why do you have yet another account? :?

none of your damn busines
buldog
Forum Newbie

LegendaryApophis wrote:GuardianX, purga & AGA (and all their forum multies) are normally permabanned on forums.. :?

actually aga is a diferent person
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Fire_of_Venus wrote:Why do people -always- so wistfully look back upon the past? We have this prevailing notion that the past and the past players were some how better than the current ones. Now there are some problems with coding ingame, yes but hasn't there always been some problems?

Hmm you go from talking about why people look back upon the past and go on to talking about problems with coding ingame... did I miss a conversation???

Now who in this thread said that the people from the past were better than the current ones? No-one said that. There may be a few that are considered better than current, however that relates to their uniqueness.

Take myself for example, as I am a player of the "past" some may consider me better than those of the current, but PURELY in regards to catching cheats and multis. And that's because I may be considered rather unique in that area. It doesn't mean I'm better than people in everything.

Also looking upon the past is called Reminiscing. What is the problem with people on this forum reminiscing about players over the past 4 years? There is no problem.

Fire_of_Venus wrote:
If you don't look towards the future or at least the present then no wonder people are as depressed ingame as they are.

You honestly think people are depressed with the game because they are looking back at the past? get a grip mate. People are most likely depressed with the game for reasons such as, personal life, the current status of the game, and the lack of inspiration for the future of the game.

Fire_of_Venus wrote:Look forward people. Honour the past but don't glorify it as being unbeatable and perfect, because it wasn't. Honour the past players but don't yearn after them forever, without acknowledging the current greats.

Again nobody is saying the past players were unbeatable and perfect, it is only YOU saying these things. YOU are putting these words in to everyone's mouths.

If you want to look to the future of the game then get yourself over to the Suggestions section and discuss the future of the game there. If you don't want to discuss players of the past 4 years then stay out of this thread and don't read it, it is very simple.

P.S. When I said I don't expect people to say my name I didn't mean no-one to say my name. *cries*
Image ImageImageImage
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

REK - Goo was back for a short period. but due to RL again, he had to go.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Lord Coyle wrote:Damien snpr all the way!!!

second XD
was always a good convo going on with him and myself
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:
Fire_of_Venus wrote:Why do people -always- so wistfully look back upon the past? We have this prevailing notion that the past and the past players were some how better than the current ones. Now there are some problems with coding ingame, yes but hasn't there always been some problems?

Hmm you go from talking about why people look back upon the past and go on to talking about problems with coding ingame... did I miss a conversation???

Now who in this thread said that the people from the past were better than the current ones? No-one said that. There may be a few that are considered better than current, however that relates to their uniqueness.

Take myself for example, as I am a player of the "past" some may consider me better than those of the current, but PURELY in regards to catching cheats and multis. And that's because I may be considered rather unique in that area. It doesn't mean I'm better than people in everything.

Also looking upon the past is called Reminiscing. What is the problem with people on this forum reminiscing about players over the past 4 years? There is no problem.

Fire_of_Venus wrote:

You honestly think people are depressed with the game because they are looking back at the past? get a grip mate. People are most likely depressed with the game for reasons such as, personal life, the current status of the game, and the lack of inspiration for the future of the game.

Fire_of_Venus wrote:Look forward people. Honour the past but don't glorify it as being unbeatable and perfect, because it wasn't. Honour the past players but don't yearn after them forever, without acknowledging the current greats.

Again nobody is saying the past players were unbeatable and perfect, it is only YOU saying these things. YOU are putting these words in to everyone's mouths.

If you want to look to the future of the game then get yourself over to the Suggestions section and discuss the future of the game there. If you don't want to discuss players of the past 4 years then stay out of this thread and don't read it, it is very simple.

P.S. When I said I don't expect people to say my name I didn't mean no-one to say my name. *cries*

Very well said. :)

Why don't you come back, would be good. :D We have imphotep running free.. :o
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Haveing thought Long and Hard...

RahL
KGC
Esker

I think between the three of them, if they where active, the game would get a WHOLE lot funner a whole lot quicker.

And everyone would get farmed because KGC was the pimp daddio of farmage.

I'd love to say Dougy but i know he pops in here and There, Xizor is anouther, Desed...Saz...Goo....JGG...Sliepnir....

You get the picture...
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

:D

Thanks Psi, REK and Seaborgium :D Yeah, those RL issues REALLY took a hold heheh. There's going to be no time at all for online gaming when BabyGoo comes along.

Among my faves were Sleipnir and Compmage. I miss those guys and sometimes log into msn with the3rdlibra@hotmail.com just to see if either of them are about for a chat, especially since now i have great news about my Girlfriend being pregnant.

So yeah, Sleips n Comps, i miss you guys. Others who certainly deserve a mention are deathshot, xeronix, acronon, xanthors, dougy, jgg, xizor, phoenix...lol, the list becomes endless. To anyone who is old school OoC who i forgot to list, that time was some of the best time i've ever spent online lol, apart from, that is, the 4am phone calls to tell me my account was smashed :D

-Goo

P.S. Seaborgium :D No pointing out my account now ;) lolz
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
lordmike11bravo
Forum Grunt

oh man, so many names...

first off- starry. Although we never talked, i appreciated the brightness of her posts and sigs everytime i checked the forums.
Second- STI whose power left me in awe when I first started this game.
And third- Tweety for delivering the pain of losing (a pitiful, but back then a massive) two mil of my defence supers on my first massing for being someones officer. (i was on holiday when i heard and all my friends just heard me scream profanities in the toilet for a while LOL ahh to be young again :-D )

people who deserve a mention- freespirit, KGC, Sovetski, rahl, priller, AGA and the many other personalities who have shaped the game and it's players into what they are today.

Return to “StarGateWars General”