No
57%

Total votes: 23
DarkAvenger 666
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 66613

The Buying and Selling of MPDSD

I think that you should be able to buy and sell Merlins Planetary Dimensional Shifting Device (MPDSD). There are 100's of people who dont use there MPDSD and There are People whom use it alot and run out and wish they had more but cant get it unless they asend or use MT's. Useing all 3 MT's give you only 9 MPDSD. Thats really not enough if you want to protect more then one planet.

Regards
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

Re: The Buying and Selling of MPDSD

no i dont think so, its an aspect of war to have ur planets taken and this would make it so they couldnt be.
kbye
john
shooty08
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

but it gives just one more way to add depth to the trading system, you could sell off any MPDSD you don't need to get UU, ATs, or Naq, invest those, and then buy MPDSD once you feel you've profited enough from Naq, UUs, or ATs.

My thinking on how it could be good, of course it could be abused so your planets couldn't be taken during wartime as well, but that would cost you other valuable war materials, limiting your ability to wage war.
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Won't ever happen, Admin makes far to much money with people buying support packages just to get the merlins so they can protect there planets, its been suggested a few times before, do you think someone who's making money will make a change like that so that it cuts that income in half in 1 go? i think not! ~Thamuz~
DarkAvenger 666
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 66613

~Thamuz~ wrote:Won't ever happen, Admin makes far to much money with people buying support packages just to get the merlins so they can protect there planets, its been suggested a few times before, do you think someone who's making money will make a change like that so that it cuts that income in half in 1 go? i think not! ~Thamuz~

Dam you have a valid point
shooty08
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

It might actually force him to pay attention to the bugs creeping in on main and others though, if he did do it.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

While i'd like to be able to obtain more merllins, i don't think it should be done. What's to stop multi's being made, the merlin's sold off to a 3rd account, that account deleted, and the merlins trained to the multi maker.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Only way it could possibly work is if its a very limited number that you can buy. I mean the current 3 per week is only enough to protect one planet, which sucks for the people that don't pay $$, but also planets need to be takeable, so large scale trading of MPDSD would be just about the worst possible thing to introduce. How about a limit of buying 10 more MPDSDs with naq per month from the ingame market? You wouldn't be able to keep another planet perma-merlined, but it would help to strategically defend for a short period. This would help the non-$ players slightly whilst maintaning the advantage for people who do buy the USS packs.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I don't know about 10 more. With PPT, saying you buy 10 with naq, and 3 with MT, + 4 days for each planet for PPT. You could hold 3 safely. 2 would be better
Norbe
Forum Elder

I dont see how you could hold any more planets permanenetly with 10 extra mpdsd per month.

As things are, assuming you have 0 MDPSD stored up you can only hold one planet using MPDSD via MT and PPT.

The shortest month is february, which is 28 days = 4 weeks
3 days off PPT every week means 12 days off PPT every month.
Therefore adding 10 more MPDSD means that your 2nd planet will be off MPDSD for two days minimum in february, or four or five days in most other months.

It adds a tiny bit more of a strategic element, when you use those few extra and when you dont. Of course one could always use vac mode to save the planet for the extra few days, but that can be done as thing stand anyway.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I disagree Norbe. lets assume longest month, being 31 days. You propose an extra 10 days/week, ontop of the 9 you already get, being a total of 19. To cover 2 planets with merlins, would only require 14 of your merlins.

Counting in PPT. Each planet for lets say 3, would need 3 days of merlin each. With your added 10, + the 3 from the unused MT, that's 13. 13/4 (to allow for overlap) is 3 planets completely protected from any attack whatsoever, along with a platform of lets say 250k defences just in case
Norbe
Forum Elder

Sarevok wrote:I disagree Norbe. lets assume longest month, being 31 days. You propose an extra 10 days/week, ontop of the 9 you already get, being a total of 19. To cover 2 planets with merlins, would only require 14 of your merlins.

Norbe wrote:How about a limit of buying 10 more MPDSDs with naq per month from the ingame market? .

~Norbe~

Okay, so lets assume the longest month then, makes the math a bit more complex but okay.

As thing stand currently.

31 days. Thats 4 * 4 = 16 days on PPT + 3 extra at the end of the month. So 19 days on PPT out of the 31.

So you would need to protect whatever planets you have, for 12 days. (31-19 = 12).

4 sets of MTs @ 3 MPDSD per MT (your on PPT for the final three days, so you dont use the final MT until your into the next month) = 12 days MPDSD. Only enough for one planet.

Sarevok wrote:Counting in PPT. Each planet for lets say 3, would need 3 days of merlin each. With your added 10, + the 3 from the unused MT, that's 13. 13/4 (to allow for overlap) is 3 planets completely protected from any attack whatsoever, along with a platform of lets say 250k defences just in case

Yes, but that only works for one week of the month. The other weeks you only have the 3 days of MPDSD from your MT as you've used up all of your purchasable ones for the month, thus you can't merlin the extra 2 and they can be taken.

Adding an extra 10 days as i'm suggesting means you get 22 days of MPDSD per month, which you need to use to protect your planets for 12 days that month. To fully defend two planets for the entire month you would need 12x2=24 days, you only have 22. Therefore one of the two planets has to be out for 2 days, minimum, every month. To protect a second planet for those two days you either have to ascend, use $ to buy more MPDSD or use vac mode. A third planet would be very hard to protect.

It adds another element of strategy. The $ players who go around with 10 untouchable dual planets have a ridiculous advantage. Its one thing to buy resources which other people make through farming, but the current setup with planets makes it impossible to compete. Now i'm not saying we should be able to keep all of our planets, far from it, but it should be possible to acquire more than 3 merlins per week imo, not enough to fully defend anymore planets, but enough to let us strategically decide how best to use the allocation we get, to help minimise the defecit we suffer against $ players. Thats why I suggest 10 per month. Works out at 2.3013699 merlins per week on average, so again taking the average 2nd planet is unprotected for 33 hours a week. Gives the enemy chance to take it and lets you try to defend it using platforms etc.

Also the $ players will still buy the MPDSDs, as they would still lose too much (8 planets, maybe 9) if they didn't. Win/Win?

~Norbe~
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Ah ok, sorry Norbe, i thought you meant weekly, not monthly. Appolagies

Return to “Suggestions Archive”