Attack bug?

Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Attack bug?

Am I supposed to get 100% damage to a shield every attack I make (thus I have to buy new ones instead of repairing)? No matter the power level of the shield or the defense power of the defender? Rather annoying and makes purchasing the higher level weapons pointless.

Battelog quoted inside the spoilers.
[spoiler]
BattleLog wrote:As with all battles, this one has been recorded in your WorldShip's conscience. This is the official report of the battle:

At the cost of 15 attack turns the WorldShip Thade approched lULU
The WorldShip Thade's weapon loadout:

1 Ion Pulse Cannon

Defences in place:

1 Ion Shield

Opposite this, was the WorldShip lULU

The WorldShip lULU's weapon loadout:

With defences:

These two mighty WorldShips begin to engage.

The weapons of WorldShip Thade fire, inflicting 278,084 firepower on lULU!
lULU meets this with shield resistance of 52,296

It was confirmed that despite the shields on the WorldShip lULU that:
0 of lULU's shields were destroyed
0 of lULU's weapons were destroyed
0 of lULU'sSensors were destroyed
0 of lULU's Scanners were destroyed
You are sure that the difference in firepower compared to shields, as well as the raw strength of that firepower, dictate the damage you can do. You also think that there is a maximum percent of a worldship that can be destroyed at any one time, but that matter is one best considered at another time....

lULU fought back with all they could, and managed to generate
66,651 offensive firepower towards the WorldShip Thade!
This is met by with shield strength of 310,170
They managed to destroy:
1 weapons,
1 shields,
0 Sensors and
0 Scanners on the WorldShip Thade.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Offense:
Your Ion Pulse Cannon went from strength 289,500 to 0 (now 0/289500 and 100 percent damaged)

Defense:
Your Ion Shield went from strength 310,000 to 0 (now 0/310000 and 100 percent damaged)

You also note that 1 weapons, and 1 shields are simply gone. You wonder what they were....

The forces of Thade devastated those of lULU
The forces of lULU open a wormhole and flee from the battle! If they had faces one could have seen glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering the scrap that was left behind by the WorldShip lULU, it is recorded that
a total of 16,847,260 Naquadah was taken and traded from the parts of the WorldShip lULU

Many wonder if lULU will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of lULU before such a feat should wisely be considered!
[/spoiler]

Edit: I believe I figured out what is occurring. I'm thinking that my 'soldiers' are dying and thus the weapon they are (in this era) is destroyed as well. This basically means that a soldier know costs the equivalent of the gun he is using. And apparently a soldier dies every time (regardless of power difference on the attacking side...not certain of defending side). In any case it means that farming has become rather costly if you decided to purchase powerful weapons. I personally believe this should be looked at as I seriously doubt it was the intended result.
HILTS
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Corporation
Race: Ancient Zoidian

Re: Attack bug?

yeah i dont like this 100% damage thing

BUT i finally got a hit where i didnt get 100% damaged :D
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG - AGoL - IAG - TAG - PoTAG - LoTAG - QoTAG - KoTAG - GotAG - TOoE - TUS - TUN <<TUK>>
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

Thade wrote:Am I supposed to get 100% damage to a shield every attack I make (thus I have to buy new ones instead of repairing)? No matter the power level of the shield or the defense power of the defender? Rather annoying and makes purchasing the higher level weapons pointless.

Battelog quoted inside the spoilers.
[spoiler]
BattleLog wrote:As with all battles, this one has been recorded in your WorldShip's conscience. This is the official report of the battle:

At the cost of 15 attack turns the WorldShip Thade approched lULU
The WorldShip Thade's weapon loadout:

1 Ion Pulse Cannon

Defences in place:

1 Ion Shield

Edit: I believe I figured out what is occurring. I'm thinking that my 'soldiers' are dying and thus the weapon they are (in this era) is destroyed as well. This basically means that a soldier know costs the equivalent of the gun he is using. And apparently a soldier dies every time (regardless of power difference on the attacking side...not certain of defending side). In any case it means that farming has become rather costly if you decided to purchase powerful weapons. I personally believe this should be looked at as I seriously doubt it was the intended result.

yes that is right
you have to buy more than a few weapons to not take it
if you have at least 5 weapons, you should only take minimal repair damage

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

jabujabu wrote:yes that is right
you have to buy more than a few weapons to not take it
if you have at least 5 weapons, you should only take minimal repair damage

I wondered the same thing and so bought 10 of each and still lost one...the other weapons took minimal damage...but I still lost one. Not exactly what I wanted. Is that the case for you as well? Always losing at least 1 shield unit?
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

If your defense is significantly higher than their strike you won't lose anything.

******* fought back with all they could, and managed to generate
51,930 offensive firepower towards the WorldShip Sorrow!
This is met by with shield strength of 527,230
They managed to destroy:
0 weapons,
0 shields,
0 Sensors and
0 Scanners on the WorldShip Sorrow.

Looking at the rest of my logs your defense has to be at least 10times the opponents strike to avoid losses.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Yes, if you have more then 10x there defense, you lose nothing.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok the issue, i believe, was 'floor' versus 'ceiling' -- when i tested i had a bunch of weapons :) - round up or round down made not difference.

for weapon 'totally destroyed' i changed it to round down. should fix the issue.

fixed. please reply IF IT IS NOT when you use it.
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”