Revamp of System

lord deth4uall
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: S.T.F.U.
Race: Sith Lords
ID: 1937573

Revamp of System

I think that the ascended server should be more interactive in regards to the main server, they should be linked at a higher level... Say like the ascended being can come down and battle another ascended being's physical realm on Main server...

Also the main server in regards to ascending, all that happens is you get a bigger stronger account, LAME... The system should allow you to do a more dynamic system that allows different stuff for ascended beings not just a more powerful version of the lower races... Allow different types of weapons or fleets or something, maybe like a weapon that does both offense and defense? Or a technology that allows for more differential?

Ascended needs a revamp because if its not as linked other than descension, no one is going to take it serious... I propose a system that allows for power in regards to army size and age, the more "healthier" your ascended account is, the stronger your main account is... Also a weak main account will not give as much "whorshippers" than a strong main account would to your ascended being... So the stronger your main account gets you can contribute back and forth power... :)
I am vacationing until Jason gets his head out of his lower extremities!
In plain English I am on a permanent vacation!
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Re: Revamp of System

That's quite a few changes.

Some people play Main just because they want to play Main, nothing else. I think forcing people to play another completely different game just to be competitive is a bit much to ask.

I had the idea one day that ascended blessing should take into account your Ascended power.

My idea (say I'm defending an attack on Main): Take the exact average defense across Ascended. Calculate mine as a percentage of that. Then - say I'm LG+1 - I'd have a 25% chance of that percentage being added to my defense power as ascended blessing. The problem with that is some people will have 100x the average and just as many will have 0. So I chose not to suggest it.

As for Main army size and age affecting Ascended. I don't think you could add a formula that blatantly favors players that have been on for longer. In my experience (in sports anyway) that's how you alienate new players. Main army size as worshippers affecting Ascended power actually makes a lot of sense to me. But I think that's what APP is for: converting Main resources into Ascended power.

Third, I'd say this "different stuff" for ascended races rather than just powered up normal stuff would only widen the gap on Main. I'd imagine that the way it is makes it a lot easier to code the game bug-free. Asc and Non-Asc accounts need to interact. Having them on different playing fields might make it bug city.

Your idea is really quite good. But I don't think there's a way of doing it that doesn't give some players a significant advantage and severely handicap others. That's just how I see it anyway, I could be catastrophically mistaken.

G.G.
Ancient_one
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I like the idea of rank in ascended determining the percentage of bonuses you get in main. I would say keep the 1% bonus after LG+1 but from prior to LG+1 you get a different bonus from 1% to 5% depending on rank in ascended.

If this is done ascended would need a total redo bc Destroy military is stupidly overpowered, not counting the fact that the people that actually played it would have more of an advantage to the people that never played it.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Jason has given a time frame for the ascended revamp and stated it will be publicly discussed prior to coding to get player feedback.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
lord deth4uall
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: S.T.F.U.
Race: Sith Lords
ID: 1937573

Relax Lore, we are just discussing what we would like to see in the Ascended game, btw when is that time frame for talks supposed to happen? If you can link me that would be great... Thanks!

Greased Gerbil wrote:Some people play Main just because they want to play Main, nothing else. I think forcing people to play another completely different game just to be competitive is a bit much to ask.

As for Main army size and age affecting Ascended. I don't think you could add a formula that blatantly favors players that have been on for longer. In my experience (in sports anyway) that's how you alienate new players. Main army size as worshippers affecting Ascended power actually makes a lot of sense to me. But I think that's what APP is for: converting Main resources into Ascended power.

Third, I'd say this "different stuff" for ascended races rather than just powered up normal stuff would only widen the gap on Main. I'd imagine that the way it is makes it a lot easier to code the game bug-free. Asc and Non-Asc accounts need to interact. Having them on different playing fields might make it bug city.

I am just saying that if they two servers interacted more, people would probably want to play the two sides more often. It wouldn't be mandatory or a way to "force them to play" but it would give the game a bit more spice for people to work with, because right now all the spice entails is descension.

Account age on ascended would be a factor that help decide how healthy an account is, for example if they did not play at all within say 6 months and they still had 0 "UP" etc. You can typically take the lowest growth for someone that has played at least once a week for six months and tell its different from a inactive ascended player.

Another thing would be the power to size ratio, more power you have to the amount of army you have the more your account is considered healthy, mainly due to the fact that inactive players have mostly "untrained units" laying around...

As far as your response to the "different stuff", it is not all that complicated to make, just the willingness of the coder and the imaginative capacity they have... You could easily give similar but way different systems that give the equivalent types of power for each set of races... Its been done before, and can be done again... :P
I am vacationing until Jason gets his head out of his lower extremities!
In plain English I am on a permanent vacation!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Admin has open house on IRC each Wednesday.
Oh, isn't it grand? We can actually talk to the man upstairs!

Relax, Deth.. you should really chop that up into single-line suggestions. Works wonders for IRC communication.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”