search by race

Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

search by race

now that everyone can change his race to whatever they like, there should be a "search by race" thingy on the attack page.

- Reschef
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Sir Phoenix Knight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Kryptonian
ID: 1949343
Alternate name(s): ~KAL EL~

Re: search by race

Sort of agree but it should be like the alliance rank page were you can see those in that alliance by clicking on the amount that are in there i wouldn't mined seeing who else has join me as a shinigami.

Not much interested in the attack part of it but still would like to know with out having to search a couple hundred pages every time a new one joins..
grimgor
Forum Irregular
ID: 28599

pretty pointless really cause your name can be anythink
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

i would like this, as i would like to organize race wars once the races actually get more followers.
kbye
john
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

SuperSaiyan wrote:I don't see it adding much effect, aside from making it too easy to single a group out
Same can be said for Alliances being listed and members listed, no?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

This would be pretty hard with all the custom races now :?
bigcakes
Forum Elite

i think he means, u type in a race name in the race search box so you can find it that way.
kbye
john
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Yeh, but that'd be almost the same as searching for the person by name, if everyone can have custom, unique race names. Before the changes, i would have said it'd be a good idea, and add an interesting dynamic, but with the changes, it's almost pointless (apart from those that haven't changed their race yet, unless they made a slight change to prevent just this from being used successfully, like Taury/Taura, instead of Tauri)
bigcakes
Forum Elite

no its a good thing so u can find everyone of one race. as in if i want to war the mcguyversons or however u spell it(just an example guys), then i could search for that race name and have all of them so we could have an easier race war. if it didnt then they would either have to give us a list of their members or we would have to look through every rankings page.
kbye
john
Sarevok
Forum Addict

but all they have to do would be call themselves "mcguywersons" and they'd be free of the war. They may as well just make and join a new alliance for the duration of the war, and save the coding
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

I don't think the coding would be a big problem since it would be the same code like the search for the user name, just with the race name.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Sarevok
Forum Addict

that's sorta my point, it's redundant with custom races
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

bigcakes wrote:no its a good thing so u can find everyone of one race. as in if i want to war the mcguyversons or however u spell it(just an example guys), then i could search for that race name and have all of them so we could have an easier race war. if it didnt then they would either have to give us a list of their members or we would have to look through every rankings page.
kbye
john

its MacGuyversaurs :(

grimgor wrote:pretty pointless really cause your name can be anythink

so can ur ingame name but theres stil a search for dat

Sir Phoenix Knight wrote:Sort of agree but it should be like the alliance rank page were you can see those in that alliance by clicking on the amount that are in there i wouldn't mined seeing who else has join me as a shinigami

i like
Sarevok
Forum Addict

There is a search for name already, exactly, so why bother, if it would be basically searching a different field, which can be change MORE easily then names
bigcakes
Forum Elite

well the admin will prolly make it cost something to change soon, thats why it says free for now. how else would we have a race war if we didnt have the search by race function? previously it was easy to have them against the ancients because there were so many, so it was easy to find some to mass.
kbye
john

Return to “Suggestions Archive”