Lets play Math (read:making the in-game market make SENSE)

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

EdwardThatch
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Heretical
ID: 0

Lets play Math (read:making the in-game market make SENSE)

So I'm a relatively unknown player but let me make some observations about the state of the in-game market:

Available on the Market
Naquadah
divided by 5 bill per multiplier in the in-game market=
This means that people have used their market turns for cash 558,105 times, correct?

Untrained Units (became lifers once traided
divided by 6,000
Market Turns used when using 1 multiplier: 545,917

Attack Turns
Divided by 128
Market Turns used when using 1 multiplier: 532,121

These numbers are similar, but I believe people are being ridiculously stupid in this case. This isn't a surprise to anyone who reads the forums, but I'd like to change some attitudes.

First off, these are all based off a small player's stats. This math may be wrong for larger players or players who set up their accounts differently.

Naquadah per turn: 2.3 bill on ppt with a 38 mill army size, System Lord, and with 2 officers + I'm my own officer, so I'm probably making a lot less.

Untrained per turn: Around 6,800 with planets and officers and a decent raw.

Turns per turn: 4. Nuff' said.

So, for every 1 market turn, I could trade 6,200 uu for 128 attack turns.
That's 32 turns worth of Attack Turns! Alternatively I could trade for Naquadah, at about 5 bill per 6,200. That's almost a 1:1 ratio, aka worthless. The Naquadah is also a good deal, but since I don't make over 5 bill per turn it doesn't seem beneficial. Either people are making a mistake, or the Admin keeps those numbers around the same, because putting Attack Turns into the in-game market IS an all-around bad deal.
There's always free cheese in a rat trap.

Please post in my trade feedback thread if I traded with you:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=146162
Lord Blackhole
Forum Intermediate
ID: 101050

Re: Lets play Math (read:making the in-game market make SENSE)

I don't exactly everything you are trying to say but I'll summarise the in game market for you.

It is always beneficial to trade naq or UU into turns with a 5x multiplier. You can then trade the turns in the market section for a huge profit. (provided you have supporter status)

PPT is more beneficial for bigger players, smaller players will probably gain more by using market turns for extra turns (then sell on forum market) or other market options.

The ratios in current in game market does not make sense, the rates have not been adjusted for a long long time.
ImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

EdwardThatch wrote:Good story.

You're forgetting one thing.. the limitations put on the market make trading there not worthwhile.
Most people make more on a single day of PPT as they could make in profiting from the ingame markets imbalance.

So, granted, for very tiny players this may be an interesting thing, for bigger players the quantities are way too small to be remotely interesting. :)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Market Turns

2x PPT
1x Merlin

No other choice worth using imo.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Norbe wrote:Market Turns

2x PPT
1x Merlin

~Norbe~

followed this pattern for over 1 yr now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Lore wrote:
Norbe wrote:Market Turns

2x PPT
1x Merlin

~Norbe~

followed this pattern for over 1 yr now.

Exactly. And that makes the entire ingame trading system almost entirely pointless.

It is no co-incidence that after the inclusion of MPDSDs in the game the availablilty of Attack Turns on the market was reduced, forcing prices to rise exceptionally. Okay the average army size has grown, so the farms are richer too, but just the amount of ATs on the market has gone down, and you NEVER get people selling MTs anymore.

Maybe the entire system needs a re-work. Though I doubt admin will ever get around to it.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"

Return to “Market Discussion”