This Game Needs To Change

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: This Game Needs To Change

I personally think the main thing to fix atm, as said, is the attack/defense imbalance, make it, so that you NEED 100%+ of the defenders defense to hurt them (or make defenders losses so small, like 1% or 0.5% if it's less then 100%)
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

i think the matching your strike to their defense isnt the way to go. that would definately help bigger accounts bully smaller accounts. however i do like the idea of reduced lossed to defense as that helps alot. perhaps reduce the damage that defensive weapons take as well?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Sarevok
Forum Addict

True, but as it stands atm, the bigger accounts can already bully far more easily. I was hit by someone with 30T attack, now, whom in this game can afford to have a 150T defense to prevent being massed by that?

Here's an idea oh how much. 1M supers with 1M best weapons gets you about 189B defense. so, 150000/189 = about 800M defenders... There is no account anywhere near that size atm(well highest i know is like 500Mish), let alone ALL units being soully placed on defensive duties. Yes, mercenaries can be hired, though at only 50% effectiveness, to reduce 800M to 500M you'd need 600M mercs...
grimgor
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 28599

yeah but Sarevok would't it be easyer just to sab the 30T strike???

maybe they could make all attacks (including raid) require 15 AT and make a new attack that just uses your MS
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

grimgor wrote:yeah but Sarevok would't it be easyer just to sab the 30T strike???

maybe they could make all attacks (including raid) require 15 AT and make a new attack that just uses your MS

It'll be a bit hard to code a new type of attack considering all the work that needs to be done...

But also, no matter how strong a strike, a defender should be ready for them. Currently, isn't there like a thing where you can only strike/defend like 80~100% of your full potential?

If so, why not make it like a strike can only strike 75~95% of its full capacity but a def can do 95~110% of its capacity. As well as like 1.5x more losses for the attacker and 0.75x losses for the defender.

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Sarevok
Forum Addict

A strike only need be 15% of a defense potential to do damage.

And with sabing, have you tried doing it? With someone that has covert units to protect it? Not to mention the losses, of just taking out the weapons, only to have them re-bought by the millions of super attackers they have
CABAL
Forum Expert

Sarevok wrote:A strike only need be 15% of a defense potential to do damage.

And with sabing, have you tried doing it? With someone that has covert units to protect it? Not to mention the losses, of just taking out the weapons, only to have them re-bought by the millions of super attackers they have

Thats the thing! strikes can attack, but take maasive losses but barely do any damage at all,

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

I've said many times that income/UP should be linked to def, you should need a decent def to produce resources, I've also previously suggested that mineslaves should escape at a % per turn when def is 0 as surely slaves would run away with no one to stop them. These suggestions would encourage the building of stats, with bigger stats needed by bigger players.

I like the limit on planets idea, should have been there from the start, also the def platforms were an epic failure of an update and should be scrapped.

I also have suggested and still think MS need updating, either multiple MSs or multiple choice MS missions, as things are now, the biggest MS rules and those smaller are simply not worth building or spend most of the time exploring.

I am hopeful that war settings might be the future, decisive wars and perhaps a point where you cant mass without war.

BUT

I share the concerns that admin dont even read these suggestions, and the only suggestions admin here and the ones pushed by the few who have direct contact with admin, of course these few only promote the suggestions that would benefit themselves and there alliances.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Stampeda
Fledgling Forumer
Race: 7sins

I don't think the issue lays with the strike/defence ...

honestly , when you put yourself on Crit / nox , ur loses are reduced to what 25k UU ? people these days makes over 300k - 400k if not more

I think the loses with strikers should be adjusted in order to make things harder in this game.

It probally sounds silly but I'll throw it anyways

If 100 soldiers each throw a grenade at 3000 soldiers , who would have the most loses ?

I geuss it's obviously...

And my proposal goes as next , it's and advantage to let smaller gather their recources seeing this game in a good year will be unbalanced.

The one with the most soldiers are the ones with the most loses so massing will be a cost of that and will make the game more intense

Cus massing someone is cheap , defending a massing ins't cheap at all
CABAL
Forum Expert

ugh...
Miners can't be touched, it'll ruin the game.
1st Attack
[spoiler]But say I have 1mil def supers, an attacker (I won't know who yet) has 2mil atk supers.

They launch their attack, my forces are surprised, as my MS engages their MS it sends out warnings down below and my troops hurry for defensive positions.
The MS's volleys overheat as they try to penetrate the other MS's shields, but neither is successful in doing so - Both just float there, shields slightly damaged.

On the planet, my defenders have been surprised and quickly taken out.[/spoiler]

More attacks
[spoiler]The remaining defenders are quite experienced and continue to stay at their post.
Just as they predicted, moments later the same MS appears, both MS' are evenly matched.
2mil atk supers reach the planet and face my prepared defenders... The battle is quite evenly matched at first, but because of superior numbers, the attacking army wins.[/spoiler]

Even More Attacks
[spoiler]All this bloodshed has drawn the attention of the ascended god me and my forces worship.
The ascended god should be willing to more frequently give ascended blessing.
My defenders are also well prepared.[/spoiler]

That said. What if say, my MS is more powerful than the enemy's MS... They have to 'transport' their troops to the ground right?
Well if my MS's weapons are still functioning, can't I just 'concentrate fire' on the descending enemy troops? So in a sense, I'll be 'killing enemies before they ever reach the surface'.

The 'prepared defenders' thing should NOT be done with attacking forces, as they don't know the layout of the defender's facilities etc etc

muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

that sounds like a ton of coding cabal. sounds like fun and interesting concepts but alot of coding lol.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Thing is Stampeda, those 3000 defensive guys aren't going to be standing in the open, staring into space, there going to be defended, by a bunker. I'd like to see 100 guys sneak up on 3000 people fortified in a bunker, and successfully grenade them, without being turned into pulp like target practice

Return to “Suggestions Archive”