Undo whatever it was that you just did

justbegladnow
Forum Newbie

It has unbalanced the game...it looks like a bunch of people really benefited from it and other people did not, and it is not clear how or why those people were chosen.

Since it appears to be random:
Keep the game a game of strategy, not luck. People play these games to get away from luck.

justbegladnow
APMT Treaty Diplomat
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Undo whatever it was that you just did

justbegladnow wrote:Undo whatever it was that you just did

It has unbalanced the game...it looks like a bunch of people really benefited from it and other people did not, and it is not clear how or why those people were chosen.

Since it appears to be random:
Keep the game a game of strategy, not luck. People play these games to get away from luck.

justbegladnow

nothing can be done now... even if he did the changes back thouse that benifited from it will keep what they have...

Sorry, but what the hel are we on about here?
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

They are talking about the spy bug that hit last night gulity apprently a lot of people shot up to like 100 and 200 spy and then were brought back down by forum .
Look a lot of people lost a lot due to that bug and a lot more than u i'd wager heaps of people got sabbed and i droped 9 ranks stop winning about it forum is doing the best he can the game is still new and there are bound to be glitches just accpet it as a random event just like in the show the way random events change the balance of power frankly i was asleep during most of the action and i'am only reading stuff of hear to find out what happened .If u do belive that there is something worng with your spy level pm forum.
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Ra, I know for a fact that your spy level increased through all of this. So don't complain about temporarily dropping 9 ranks. You got a 3 million upgrade from this for nothing, just like all too many people. Some of us got nothing, and the few of us were hurt. Spy lvl 9 was a rarity and now everybody has it... and the people that were depending on that lvl to give them an advantage for not having so many spies as a lot of people are really left out.

And I agree, this should be based more on skill and your decisions in the game, not on this degree of luck.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Esker wrote:And I agree, this should be based more on skill and your decisions in the game, not on this degree of luck.

Granted all i'am saying is that forum is trying , give him a break .
Esker
Forum Irregular

I'm not trying to doubt that Forum is trying, he's always been great at dealing with these problems. I'm just trying to voice the minority in this situation... not too many people will complain about something they just benefited from... and I don't think it would be possible, or worth it to change back to how it was. I just hope we (the ones who weren't helped / the ones who were hurt) aren't simply left with
It matters not - the universe does not care about you....It just is....
to deal with the situation.
_Apophis__
Fledgling Forumer

well, i had bought my spy level 11 about two days ago and now its back to level 10 and i lost over 3 million covert action.....
and forum , if you read this, please give back whats rightfully mine, i allready send u several messages on this forum but u havent replyd back, i can give you all the info you need to know and im telling the truth.
and if your not going to reply then it meens that i have been saving 3 days for 12 million naquadah for nothing, so my 12 million savings dissapeared into thin air, i really want my spy level back and my 3 million xtra covert that was taken away thanks to this stupid bug, thanks in the advance and have a nice day.

ps : i reported this bug to Nohusuro so it meens that i helped a little out with this bug :P
justbegladnow
Forum Newbie

I understand what happened now. From the message on the command center page it sounded as if it was implemented intentionally.

Looks like the obvious solution is to load the player data from whenever the last backup was back onto the server. Losing 24 hours of gameplay is going to anger people a lot less than losing a position they've built up for a long time simply because others exploited a bug and are getting "the benefit of the doubt".

Also, IMO anyone who used the bug to successfully sabotage another player should be banned, since they are clearly and obviously in violation of
"Attempting to Hack/Packet the server or Abusing security holes (if any). "
Specifically the latter part.

Once a player bought a rank of spy and saw that their naq did not change, any further "purchases" should be viewed as Abusing security holes and that player should receive sanctions. At the very least fixing the problem should be agressively enforced and under no circumstances should people receive the benefit of the doubt in such cases. This decision is inviting more abuse.

Since the rules state,
"If you are caught doing any of the above, your account will either be suspended or terminated."

Then reset everyone from the server backup, minus those who intentionally tried to abuse the bug and likely all the honest players will be satisfied. Do you really want to cater to the whims of the dishonest players, or the honest ones? I can assure that were I to have run into this bug by purchasing my level of spy during that time instead of a couple of days ago, I would have turned on vacation mode and immediately contacted forum. People who just kept clicking should be banned outright! It's not like the data don't make that obvious.

justbegladnow, not sabotaged, not looking for anyone's pound of flesh, just trying to make the point that being soft on abuse just invites more, just like being soft on any other crime just invites more.
APMT Treaty Diplomat
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

justbegladnow wrote:Once a player bought a rank of spy and saw that their naq did not change, any further "purchases" should be viewed as Abusing security holes and that player should receive sanctions. At the very least fixing the problem should be agressively enforced and under no circumstances should people receive the benefit of the doubt in such cases. This decision is inviting more abuse.

this just proves you know nothing, the spy level increased for some players including myself without knowing it meaning in idiot terms i didnt click the damm spy upgrade button so dont go accusing good players of exploiting bugs which they have nothing to do with

end of
Esker
Forum Irregular

Well I agree... partially. I think resetting 24 hours of play is a bit drastic. It would be unfair to those who were not affected at all by the glitch, whether it be good or bad. They would lose their time for nothing.

However something does need to be done for those that were fair, and lost ranks and covert ability simply because they were fair. Whether it be financial compensation for the naquadah costs they spent on covert lvl upgrades, or bringing those that were unjustly upgraded back down.

The ones who purposely abused it, however, DO deserve punishment. Especially if they used their newfound spy level to sabotage somebody.

Just my thoughts...
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Re: Undo whatever it was that you just did

justbegladnow wrote:Since it appears to be random:

Though it appears random, as many of you suspect it wasn't entirely planned to turn out like this. Still, rest assured forum has and will put a lot of effort into fixing any problems.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

i feel the need to remind everybody that Admin has been doing his best to keep the game flowing smoothly, if you think your spy level is not correct, simply PM or email Admin.

as it is now, i have already reported my previous spy lvl and got placed accurately again.

and rankwise on my covert, i'm about the same place i was originally, though granted rankings are more set in stone where i am, i believe all the top players have already tried to contact Admin,

and as there are alot of players who don't use the forums, they don't know what happened, and are prolly are just accepting their new lvls as the announcement told them too...

i ask that you have patience, as this issue will be resolved eventually.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “Suggestions Archive”