Admin to to read suggestions

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Admin to to read suggestions

I see lots of suggestions, some good, some not so good, but all players trying to think of ways to improve the game.

What I dont see see is any evidence that admin ever read the suggestions.

I would like to see admin make a comment in these threads, even if it's just a single word like YES, NO or CONSIDERING, maybe just a color code or symbol next to each thread to show it's status with admin.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human

Honours and Awards

Re: Admin to to read suggestions

You actually think ADMIN...i mean ITS ADMIN...will come here and read what a mere player will write?Please...
Bias Admin colour
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Ashu wrote:You actually think ADMIN...i mean ITS ADMIN...will come here and read what a mere player will write?Please...

Lets not get sarcastic here shall we.

Jason does not consider us mere players. He attends Player Meet EVERY Wednesday (bar a few) and many players discuss game ideas and bring up some of the suggestions here.

Yes it would be nice to have more activity here from game admins, but being sarcastic about it is not going to improve anything.
Image ImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord

Very few are able to attend the admin meetings, and those that do only forward suggestions they personally support.

I dont expect admins to get into forum discussions, but this is the 'FOR ADMIN' section and it would be nice to know that we're not just p*ssing into the wind when we post here.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

Clarkey is right, moaning about it won't really help, though i have a suggestion that MAY work (and may not...)

What if we pick as 5 ideas/week. And we have a dedicated sticky thread where by it's updated every week, with a vote of which is the most popular idea of the week. Then, someone can direct admins attention to this single thread, and he can the link from there to the actual thread about the idea. This way, it saves him trawling through many ideas, and probably giving up, feeling he doesn't have time.

Just an idea, to streamline admins attention to the best of the best ideas for the week (or maybe month, depending on how many updates)
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Hence i recon that we should get some way to find those diamonds for admin :)
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

I've been trying to get Jason more and more active on the forums for a few years now. Just know this, he might not respond to every thread, but he does look in here...
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Sarevok
Forum Addict

What'd be good, is if he felt he liked the basic idea of something, he should let us know, so we can develop it more for him.
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

Tetrismonkey wrote:But how long does it take as the first post stated, to say looking into it, considering it, working on ect.

It takes but 30 seconds to make a post. As it has been stated before, this is the FOR ADMIN section of the forums, thus meaning he should be atleast active in this section.

Suppose you own a string (say, 3 locations) of restaurants. You manage the costs, possible changes to menus, profit made for each of the items, what to do when profits get lower. You have 3 separate store managers working under you, which in turn have 5-7 swing managers working under them. Each store employs around 20 standard 'crew' members.

Enter the customer. He eats your stores' food, judges the state of the buildings, gasps at the prices, yet keeps eating there. He makes some (say, 2 or 3) suggestions to "make the food/prices/look/feel better". Now multiply that by (for the sake of argument) 100 daily customers per store. Now multiply that by each location, bringing you to a grand total of 300 customers. Not bad, right?

Then you get to the crew members. They like some managers, dislike others. They complain/give praise, and make a suggestion to speed the service up a few seconds. The swing managers like the ideas, then formulate their own; some are unique, and some are simply innovations on the crew members' ideas. Nevertheless, the crew wants their ideas heard. 20 crew members x 5 swing managers x 3 locations = 300 more ideas.

Let's not leave out the store managers. They add their few ideas to the ones that are already amassed: 300 + 300 + 3 = 603 ideas. Breaking a sweat yet?

Then there are the people working in your office(s). They love to gossip and give their point of view on your restaurants. For the sake of argument, that's at least 10 more ideas.

613 ideas. And each and every person wants you to thoroughly think about it, jot down your thoughts, and present them back to them when they want it, where they want it. Now assuming you're actually the owner of 3 deadbeat restaurants with only 100 customers a day, you're in over your head. If you have a real business going, you'll have thousands to go through. Easy path to gray hair and an early grave.

Now imagine you're Jason, with the store locations being his games, the managers being admins/mods/ombudsman, and the customers being the game players. 30 seconds to make a post, eh?
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Which is why i said, take 5 of the good ideas, put it to a vote, all before the "stores manager" (Jason) even looks at them
ramen07
Forum Expert

Sarevok wrote:Which is why i said, take 5 of the good ideas, put it to a vote, all before the "stores manager" (Jason) even looks at them

I likened Jason to the stores owner ;)

Anyways, to enact what we both said, a hierarchy of idea/suggestion mods (or even a group of three mods) should be made to oversee and manage the ideas. Then they will all appear at the admin meet and propose the idea(s) to Jason. They could even be sent by email, whichever Jason prefers.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Only problem is, is personal bias towards ideas

Which is why i recon some sort of consensus between players first, to get a general feeling for the ideas, then yes, take them to admin meet with some dedicated ppl, or e-mail.
ramen07
Forum Expert

True. Maybe if enough players express concern/support for the problem or idea of the topic it will be brought forth by the mods? But what if too many ideas are supported? That's why I suggested three mods; theoretically, there will be one biased for the idea, one against, and one neutral party (a non-player if possible). There are situations where this setup could go awry but it's my theory nevertheless :D
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Well, if you get a vote of what people think are the best 5 for the month, then vote on them, as to which is most popular, would help also.

Like you said, outside mod, could be easily influenced by players of the game, and why would they want to waste their time on a game they don't play (not saying everyone is like this, but very few are willing to spend time on that which they aren't involved in)
ramen07
Forum Expert

I don't mean an actual outsider mod; more like a mod that is very active on forums, but not so much ingame as to not be affiliated with any empires/conflicting interests etc.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”