All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Question about System Lords in SG1

Does anyone know who were the System Lord council members, when Anubis was member of it, thousands of years ago?
I think Yu was there, as well as Ra was and perhaps also Apophis.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: Question about System Lords in SG1

I doubt anyone knows...
Bias Admin colour
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hathor, Anubis, Sokar, Apophis, Cronus, Heru'ur, Ra, Yu, Nirrte, Bastet, Kali, Olokun, Morrigan, Seth, Ares, Amaterasu, Camulus, and Svarog.
Ashu
Michael Westen

Honours and Awards

Soundwave wrote:Hathor, Anubis, Sokar, Apophis, Cronus, Heru'ur, Ra, Yu, Nirrte, Bastet, Kali, Olokun, Morrigan, Seth, Ares, Amaterasu, Camulus, and Svarog.

This was the most recent that SG1 and the repli's killed
Bias Admin colour
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Hmmm most of them if not mistaken are from the "new" generation of System Lords (aside from Anubis, Sokar, Apophis, Ra and Yu).
However, I have my doubts about Cronus and Nirrti, they might be from the old gen. I will check Gateworld about those two.

Edit: Gateworld says Cronus might be Sokar's father
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ashu wrote:
Soundwave wrote:Hathor, Anubis, Sokar, Apophis, Cronus, Heru'ur, Ra, Yu, Nirrte, Bastet, Kali, Olokun, Morrigan, Seth, Ares, Amaterasu, Camulus, and Svarog.

This was the most recent that SG1 and the repli's killed

No.
This is the entire list of all known System Lords.

It is bound to contain at least some of the older System Lords.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

Apophis The Great wrote:Hmmm most of them if not mistaken are from the "new" generation of System Lords (aside from Anubis, Sokar, Apophis, Ra and Yu).
However, I have my doubts about Cronus and Nirrti, they might be from the old gen. I will check Gateworld about those two.

Edit: Gateworld says Cronus might be Sokar's father

Maha Vishnu might know more about this, as far as I'm informed he read some books about SG and thus has a lot of background knowledge. He's currently on vacation so it might take some time till he reads this.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Desert Phantom
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Omega Alliance
Race: The Gods
ID: 0

semper mentioned something about this in the histories here somewhere and maha added to it i believe
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

the Goa'uld were originall lead by Tek or someone.. who anubis corrupted and sent insane then took over himself proclaiming himself Goa'uld emperor.

Ra did not like this.. and there is no indication as to who was around at the same time as these two except Yu. So all you can be certain is that from the original emergence of the Goa'uld Empire.. only Yu, Thoth, Ra and Anubis remained up to recent times.

I believe at the time of Anubis' banishing after the 300 year Goa'uld war when the system lords first emerged as a coalition would be the holders of the six eyes..

So Ba'al, Apophis, Tiamat, Ra, Osiris, Balor. We also know Yu was around but will have probably been only a minor Goa'uld at this point at the same time Thoth and Nut were also System Lords. So the council consisted of nine members.

Soon after Egeria and Hathor also became System Lords.

During the next many thousands of years (we're talking the best part of 16,000 years between that point and Anubis' second return just before his ascension) the additions to the System Lord council will have been Isis, Heru'ur, Cronus, Nirrte, Svarog and the others Universe named.

Sokar was also a system lord just before Ra found earth in 8000 BC. However.. he later tried to overthrow Ra which resulted in failure and was also banished.

Anubis returned about 1000AD. He tried to act the part again, failed and was hunted down by Yu and Ra. It was at this point he ascended.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen

I'd say of the Goa'uld we have encountered.

Ra, Apophis, Yu, Cronus, Sokar, Telchak, Osiris, Seth, Tiamat, Egeria & Hathor.

Semper wrote:the Goa'uld were originall lead by Tek or someone

who? o.o
Semper wrote:So Ba'al, Apophis, Tiamat, Ra, Osiris, Balor. We also know Yu was around but will have probably been only a minor Goa'uld at this point at the same time Thoth and Nut were also System Lords. So the council consisted of nine members.

Ba'al wasn't around at this time by his own admission, in Summit. Who's Balor?

Also I doubt Thoth was a System Lord as he was extremly subserviant to Anubis when we saw him..perhaps a powerful Minor Goa'uld.

Has Nut ever been mentioned

Semper wrote:Sokar was also a system lord just before Ra found earth in 8000 BC. However.. he later tried to overthrow Ra which resulted in failure and was also banished.

Nope, Sokar was the ruler of the System Lords (Serpents Song), and all Goa'uld. An alliance led by Apophis and Ra defeated him. This implies that Ra and Apophis wern't the "1st generation" System Lords.
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Apparently Thoth used to be a System Lord according to gateworld.net, he must have been kicked so hard that he dropped rank to a scientist of Anubis.

Baal isn't from old generation indeed (gateworld confirms it). Tek I never heard of either.
Sokar is son of Cronus according to GW, which makes Cronus "old skool".
Determining when Ra, Apophis came around however, that might be a bit difficult.

OoC, why aren't you on msn? <_< >_>
Spoiler

Spoiler
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen

Apophis The Great wrote:Apparently Thoth used to be a System Lord according to gateworld.net, he must have been kicked so hard that he dropped rank to a scientist of Anubis.

Hmm I don't really trust the gateworld they very rarely update their encyclopedia..I mean under Hive Queen it still states that there is only one....

And Thot wasn't seen at the Summit.. which was well before the introduction of the Kull warriors...and I think it would have been mentioned had a System Lord been entirely defeated by the "unknown foe".

Apophis The Great wrote:Sokar is son of Cronus according to GW, which makes Cronus "old skool".

Hmmm, this is never even hinted at in the show, and doesn't make that much sense as that would mean that Sokar would have been subserviant and to get to a position of power would have most likely had to kill Cronus and absorb his armies.

But yeah the impression is given that Cronus is very old.

Apophis The Great wrote:Determining when Ra, Apophis came around however, that might be a bit difficult.

Hmm I'd say within the last 10,000 years they became powerful as that is when Ra started using humans as hosts.
It was stated in in Serpents Song that Sokar once ruled on earth and (implying that his presence on earth pre-dates Ra...one of many plot holes with Ra discovering humans :P...unless we take it in a very LITERAL meaning that he was THE first goa'uld to use a human as a host...whilst humans had been esnalved for many years prior) had an Unas host at the time and employed Goa'uld'd Unas as overseers acting as demons...So Ra wasn't Supreme System Lord until after this time..and presumably not even until after the human uprising on Earth....I would ahve thought that the supreme system lord would have had the resources to subdue the human population there.

Not on msn becuase its not working atm :( got a virus or summat lmao.

OoC, why aren't you on msn? <_< >_>[/quote]
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Apparently it was long time ago Thot was SL.
As for RA, I wonder what race did he have as host. Was it an Unas? (stargate movie)

I also wonder for Sokar case with Cronus, but remember Heruur and Ra. Ra wasn't killed by his son! :P

Also:
http://webmessenger.msn.com/

That's what I found, web messenger, don't know if it will work :?
Seen many people from sgw/sgaw using it because of msn live/wlm program problems.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Ashu
Michael Westen

Honours and Awards

Apophis The Great wrote:Apparently it was long time ago Thot was SL.
As for RA, I wonder what race did he have as host. Was it an Unas? (stargate movie)

I also wonder for Sokar case with Cronus, but remember Heruur and Ra. Ra wasn't killed by his son! :P

Also:
http://webmessenger.msn.com/

That's what I found, web messenger, don't know if it will work :?
Seen many people from sgw/sgaw using it because of msn live/wlm program problems.

It was an Asgard called Zeus!(i think)
Bias Admin colour
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

The first dynasty of Goauld the term system lord did not exist.

Apep ruled all (translated to Apohis but is heavily debated if this was the same Goauld who appeared later in the name of Apophis)

This was called the Goauld Empire. Any Goauld serving where called underlords.

Within the 2nd dynasty, Ra had grown in power and decided the best way to "bring harmony" was to create underlords who would control "systems" of planets (basically to ensure that no Goauld underlord would encroach upon another's territory)

Osiris, Isis, Tiamat, Yu and well as Bastet, Khonsu (it was much later on when Egeria killed the goauld Khonsu and replaced it with a symbiote of a Tokra) , Mat (Ra was very fond of her and Egeria was most upset), Seshet (wife of Thoth), Thoth (Djehuti), Anher, Tefnut, Wadjet, Egeria, and Setesh where all given systems to govern (I.E ALL loyal to Ra, or so it would seem :-k
Thus SYSTEM LORD was devised, and was only bestowed on those who where great in power

Ra named himself SUPREME SYSTEM LORD, ruler of all

Isis, Osiris and Setesh where later removed as system lords due to there assasanation attempt on Ra.
Egeria also would go for known reasons and Khonsu was also pushed out (as Ra found out he was a Tokra but played him. No other Goauld knew this information).

The rest is history.

It was after this that Apophis, Sokar, Cronus , Baal, Anubis, Olokun etc etc became system lords at varying times.

In all, there has been very few supreme lords who rule all.
Ra, Baal (Supreme commander), Sokar and Apohis are the only known ones. Yu was well respected but never did push for power

This information is taken from mythology plus "the real stargate nutters" who have expanded upon those TV episodes.

The history that I wrote gives background to some of those events.

Thats my take folks

Also, to update Ashu, it was Famrirr who Ra took as host, however, Ra is the ONLY known system lord that used Goauld, Egyptian and a new language in which other goaulds could not read and is nothing Daniel Jackson has seen or heard of. :-k

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”