OE bans random massing in it's rank

Any sort of Alliance Announcements may be placed here, from new alliances forming, new alliance forums to anything but recruiting.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

OE bans random massing in it's rank

a while ago the omegan empire descided to ban random massings. we as an empire feel we need to keep pushing ourself to improve who we are as an empire.

in previous generations random massings were often seen as an act of power, those opinions have slowly been evolving to the point where we started seeing this as a lack of controle and a waste of rescourses. therefor OE will only mass when it has a reason to, wich are the obvious reasons:

- being in our logs
- offending/threatening our alliances
- picking fights with us
- vendettas

now as it always there are problems when implementing new rules in an empire and it takes a while before they can be effectivly enforced and we are trying to work out the loopholes in our laws.

now for this we are asking the servers help becausse we got 1 problem:
you guys ain't complaining if one of us randomly masses you ! o.O

if ppl don't complain about it then we don't know our rules are being broken. therefor we ask you to report when one of our members breack our empire rules. ppl reporting it will not be harmed and any complaint will be investigated after wich a punishment might follow.

when you are randomly massed we ask you to contact the following ppl:

the ingame alliance leader
the OE diplomat: larsa (curently doing a tour around the empire)
OE 2IC: 1horseman

we prefere if you notify at least 2 ppl so it comes to our HC ASAP.

thank you for your atention
zeekomkommer
PI allegiance supreme commander
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: OE bans random massing in it's rank

please note. I consider a random massing one where no provocation at all was issued.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:please note. I consider a random massing one where no provocation at all was issued.

yep that's right, random massings are massings that are done cuz someone has stats, big defence or alot of spys

raidmassing doesn't fall under it when it's profitable. neither is massing down a defence a lill to take huge amounts of naq. we are talking about randomly selecting a target in the atack pages and massing it
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

zeekomkommer wrote:now for this we are asking the servers help becausse we got 1 problem:
you guys ain't complaining if one of us randomly masses you ! o.O

I think in a lot of cases you'll find that's because if someone complains about a random massing you get people on here laughing at them, tell them to stop moaning and fight back, and say the crap old line "It's a WAR game".

That's the most likely reason why people no longer complain so much about random massing.... and I don't blame them.
Image ImageImageImage
Kaps1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Gao'uld
ID: 75061

zeekomkommer wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:please note. I consider a random massing one where no provocation at all was issued.

yep that's right, random massings are massings that are done cuz someone has stats, big defence or alot of spys

raidmassing doesn't fall under it when it's profitable. neither is massing down a defence a lill to take huge amounts of naq. we are talking about randomly selecting a target in the atack pages and massing it

This the way my Warriors are run. And I think it's a stand up thing to do. MUch props from myself and Warriors of Briton.

And Zeek since my first day on forums, I thought you have the best AVI, Classic!
Last edited by Kaps1 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
" To live is to suffer, to survive is to find the meaning within the suffering "

Trade Feedback Please!
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=139209
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I believe that it good practise to make the point that all OE members should probably be strict upon issuing a 'to the point' pm to their prey about why they have been massed. It would probably save the leadership a margin of time doing investigations as then all you require is a simple screen shot.

I make the matter of emphasising the 'to the point' in an effort to bring to light the fact that in some cases people may say.. "you know why you got massed" or something akin that's rather ambiguous.

Also.. I see your qualifying a lot about when it may or may not be profitable. If you use such a word... make sure your members know how to work out whether it is profitable... again... it will probably save your leadership headaches.

Alas... nice to see OE growing up. :)

Patronising? Maybe, but with a sincere point.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

OE randomly massed me a while back. So I massed them back 8) We all know how that story ends.

I'm glad to see that you guys are trying to clean up your act now though.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is the solitary goal of Empires to bring forth great men and women.. self-improvement is one of the pillars upon which that rests.
Good call, OE.

And Semper, good point there. :D Then again, I am sure the regulatory ibuprofen will be provided by Zeek's brother for a bargain. :smt047
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

The all new and improved, whiter than white empire :lol:

Nice ideals, and very commendable, but what about the rest of FUALL ? Your close allies who mass for simply not agreeing with them, for not posted that you disown HR ( even people who never heard of HR ), who demand resources/ATs for not massing ??? Kinda like if FS banned random massing but allowing our sister alliance Serenity do keep doing it, want someone massed for no good reason, get an ally to do it so you can keep your own name clean :roll:

Sorry guys, I actually have much respect for the OE alliances even though I dislike the concept of empires, but your hands cant be clean when you ally and closely associate yourselves with those who dont share your ideals.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Ictok16
Forum Regular
Alliance: Asgard Protectorate Leader
Race: The Sacrificial Lamb
ID: 55433

yeah, i was wondering who this effects in FUALL. can you maybe break it down for me. im still not sure which alliances fall where under your hierarchy. lol

thanks
ictok
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Finally...The UnKnown

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:she's being touched by his noodly appendage?
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

How boring of you.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

This announcement comes in 2 days too late... unless DDE isn't part of the Empire. I haven't kept up with mergers and demergers. ;p

Anyway, I was randomly massed 2 days ago and lost 40 mil army. I didn't bother complaining, because this game really isn't central to my life, but I can see how it would keep other people away from the game. I'm sure Admin Jason is pleased by these steps to make the game more attractive to new potential customers.

Of course, acts like these may have consequences. With my host saying he can only host my calculator for another month, I'm not really willing to invest time in moving or improving the calculator, which I would have done, seeing as I had recently started playing again. ;p

Agapooka
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Ictok16 wrote:yeah, i was wondering who this effects in FUALL. can you maybe break it down for me. im still not sure which alliances fall where under your hierarchy. lol

thanks
ictok

the OE consists of the following alliances named in alphabetical order:

alpha allegiance
delta allegiance
lambda mayhem allegiance (aka mayhem)
omega allegiance
PI allegiance

i'm the leader of PI, ssg enterthelion is the leader of omega allegiance and the leader of the Omegan Empire (and it's founder)
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Agapooka wrote:This announcement comes in 2 days too late... unless DDE isn't part of the Empire. I haven't kept up with mergers and demergers. ;p

Anyway, I was randomly massed 2 days ago and lost 40 mil army. I didn't bother complaining, because this game really isn't central to my life, but I can see how it would keep other people away from the game. I'm sure Admin Jason is pleased by these steps to make the game more attractive to new potential customers.

Of course, acts like these may have consequences. With my host saying he can only host my calculator for another month, I'm not really willing to invest time in moving or improving the calculator, which I would have done, seeing as I had recently started playing again. ;p

Agapooka

i'm sorry to tell you but DDE is not a part of the omegan empire. DDE are the allies of the OE but do not fall under OE law

togheter OE and DDE form a coalition named FUALL. DDE impliments other rules wich they descide on their own for their own. just as we do. it isn't our task to tell eachother how they should run their empire

and i'm sorry to hear about your losses
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

I appriciate your hard work Zeek. How can OE afect random massings by their allies, DDE? If it happens all random massers will be eliminated, than everyone in this game can be happy and find own place, like we old crew remember, 3.5 - 5 years ago.
RETURN of the P I R A T E

Return to “Alliance announcements”