OE bans random massing in it's rank

Any sort of Alliance Announcements may be placed here, from new alliances forming, new alliance forums to anything but recruiting.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: OE bans random massing in it's rank

caesar2 wrote:I appriciate your hard work Zeek. How can OE afect random massings by their allies, DDE? If it happens all random massers will be eliminated, than everyone in this game can be happy and find own place, like we old crew remember, 3.5 - 5 years ago.

everyone is entitled to their own choices and have to live by the consequences of those. we as OE descided to ban random massings. that was our choice, wheter or not DDE should that is their choice and their choice alone.

it is not our task to presure DDE to do anything about it. OE implimented the new rules becausse over the last years OE ahs been slowly changing, new ppl have been rising to power and with new leaders and HC's come new attitudes. if DDE gets leaders who are against it things will change on their part, but that would be their choice :)

but this is not the topic of discussion, this is OE informing we have banned it and asking that if our members breack our rules that we are notifyed of it so we can act
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I think this a big step forward for us...

whiter than white, unlikely (party last night says otherwise :-k ) but you can take steps forward, or take steps back.

:-$ Thankyou to Zeek for his peserverance (sp?) and hard work <3

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Caprila wrote:I think this a big step forward for us...

whiter than white, unlikely (party last night says otherwise :-k ) but you can take steps forward, or take steps back.

:-$ Thankyou to Zeek for his peserverance (sp?) and hard work <3

this was only possible with the help of other great ppl no mather what rank they hold ;)
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Just don't expect stuff to be all fluffy. And while you will get a reason for being massed, you won't still necessarily agree with it. :P
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

i like it, i mean i don't mind OE being all evil, evil is cool but you have to agree it makes it a lot more fun if you have a reason for warring/massing,
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
RedKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sigma
Race: System Lord

yeah, kudos..nice to see zeek
Sammael wrote: Well done, mate, need my pants lowered thanks ;)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

God, you're all such hippies.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

so what if some1 hit you for naq once are their alliance massed too if they continue?
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

The Cardinal wrote:so what if some1 hit you for naq once are their alliance massed too if they continue?

depends on our mood..lol

This is not to be nice..the fact is I've personally never massed someone OUTSIDE of alliance war who has never bothered me.

This is not the OE trying to be nice..just OE codifying it's laws..in the past individuals have massed for no reason..some support such things and some don't. Eventually we, as an Empire came to a collective decision to enforce certain unwritten laws.

The reason this post was made was more to get people to communicate with OE diplomats if they are involved in such a situation more than anything else. We don't want people who have never bothered anyone driven out of the game after all.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Ictok16
Forum Regular
Alliance: Asgard Protectorate Leader
Race: The Sacrificial Lamb
ID: 55433

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
The Cardinal wrote:so what if some1 hit you for naq once are their alliance massed too if they continue?

depends on our mood..lol

This is not to be nice..the fact is I've personally never massed someone OUTSIDE of alliance war who has never bothered me.

This is not the OE trying to be nice..just OE codifying it's laws..in the past individuals have massed for no reason..some support such things and some don't. Eventually we, as an Empire came to a collective decision to enforce certain unwritten laws.

The reason this post was made was more to get people to communicate with OE diplomats if they are involved in such a situation more than anything else. We don't want people who have never bothered anyone driven out of the game after all.

ok, thanks all for clarifying. and i think that it is a sound way to keep new people coming into the game. once we get them, we gotta hook em like this weird dude catching a chicken:

:smt117

:lol:
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Finally...The UnKnown

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:she's being touched by his noodly appendage?
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

zeekomkommer wrote:a while ago the omegan empire descided to ban random massings. we as an empire feel we need to keep pushing ourself to improve who we are as an empire.

in previous generations random massings were often seen as an act of power, those opinions have slowly been evolving to the point where we started seeing this as a lack of controle and a waste of rescourses. therefor OE will only mass when it has a reason to, wich are the obvious reasons:

- being in our logs
- offending/threatening our alliances
- picking fights with us
- vendettas

thank you for your atention
zeekomkommer
PI allegiance supreme commander

Changing the Culture of an organisation takes time, especially when policies and practices have been entranched over many years.

You have taken the first step by changing your policies and I wish you every success in overcoming the barriers to implementation.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Stampeda
Fledgling Forumer
Race: 7sins

Sounds like a new step to me ,

But Rhett , how can you know if it was a random mass ?

For example , someone in the OE empire masses someone and say's to you he "offended me" while the poor sob didn't do a thing.

It sounds great tho I do believe lots will follow you're law's as it shud be but completly provoking a random mass might be abit harder...

Tho 1 more qeustion , does a Naq hit also include to an aggresive response ? do u have the policy ? "build a defence if you want to keep you're income".
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Stampeda wrote:Sounds like a new step to me ,

For example , someone in the OE empire masses someone and say's to you he "offended me" while the poor sob didn't do a thing.

It sounds great tho I do believe lots will follow you're law's as it shud be but completly provoking a random mass might be abit harder...

Tho 1 more qeustion , does a Naq hit also include to an aggresive response ? do u have the policy ? "build a defence if you want to keep you're income".

OE lw dictates that other then masses in war, naq masses and raidmasses you have to ask permission from your alliance leader/alliance HC to do so. there you have to give a reason why and give proof. this has been the PI system for 9 months now and it works absolutely fine.

when someone does random mass and we don't notice it then we can't do anything about it. therefor we are asking the ppl who do get randomly massed by OE to adress our leaders so we can actualy see what happend and take action if our laws have been broken.

now on hookoo's random mass on an EE member. it happened a while back and it took us long to find out it actualy happend. seeing that that was an issue we as an empire descided to make this post so we would know faster. now we have an OE HC meeting on saturday where we will discuss evry current problem/issue/posebility that has rissen in the OE since our last one.

hookoo, you say that this is driving some members to DDE, trust me there is plenty to mass if you keep to the rules, i myself never massed a defence over 500bil till 2weeks ago. a vulture farmed PI, we told him to back off and he massed my 2IC. i destroyed his 3 tril defence. we know this might seem controversial to some of our members but we ask them to at least give it a chance. if they cannot live with our laws and want to move to are allies then they can do so. there is a possebility for inter fuall transfers as many have used when they didn't agree with the path either OE or DDE have taken.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
ID: 69113

I applaud you.

Thoe it`s a shame you allready all but torpedoed a lot of the positive sentiment of this thread... I mean gathering from the Desert Phantom & solmyr exchange the safe money seems to be on the fact that nothing but wraping will fundamentally change under the saldo line...

Sure, no random massings. But be advised that looking at someone at a funny angle "might be considered by some as a massable offence" lol...

I guess time will tell. And I suppose that being overly touchy and totalitarian with reasoning is still a step up from complete randomness. thoe not the huge one this thread indicated.

All in all, good for you. =]
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

Stampeda wrote:Sounds like a new step to me ,

I have many sources mate! In my personal opinion, I honestly think ME has been bad for the game. It encourages people to mass anyone just for more ME. And as for naq hits, THAT is provocation. lol But I do believe if someone builds a defence, they keep their naq, as long as they aren't silly enough to leave loads out there for raiding.

The Educators believed in massing anyone with a big defence to miner ratio, even people no one had even heard of, who just played the game in their own little way. It's those players that are to be protected. If someone is in an alliance, there is usually some provocation, even if not by the massed people themselves.

To answer people's questions about DDE, while they and we do play the role of the 'evil' empires, they are great guys..and ladies to hang around with. Yes they war alot! But so what! What they don't do is bully alliances. REKha and I have known each other for a long long time and we are usually of a like mind. DDE have their honour AND My respect.

And Lithium, to answer ur question about vendettas. Omega started them! Just ask Jay6669 and SC Thor, they broke a NAP and attacked me when I ascended, thinking I was weak. Within minutes I massed them both and they were among the top 10 most powerful accounts ingame. Just ask Nebulator! I could go on..but not everything has to be about the server war.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D

Return to “Alliance announcements”