anti fuall post, valid point moved to public dump.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Re: anti fuall post, valid point moved to public dump.

While users are free to contact a moderator to make queries, should they feel uncomfortable or unsatisfied with the result, they should contact the Ombudsperson.

its his choice of course. I mean in the GC there is a lot of RP, every thread will have rp in it, if you want an informative thread, its meant to be in the alliance announcements section. Its definitely an arguable case, since his post was not offtopic or spam.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

We have always moderated surrender threads very stringently. This is nothing new, and helps to prevent genuine surrenders from being lost under a mile and a half of arguments and discussion.

If you have a point to make about FUALL's surrender policies being unfair or whatever, then just make your own thread. We aren't attempting to censor anybody's views, just make those threads tidier.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Also if anyone felt the thread should be locked because the "1 week" had passed then they should have used the "report" function on the thread because that's what it is there for.

The was no need to post saying the pitiful thread should be closed.
Image ImageImageImage
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

It is a confusing system atm.

It used to be stricly only, surrender posts and accept/deny was allowed.. everything else, questioning it, asking for news etc.. was moved to the 'serious' server war discussion thread in general.

With the relaxing of that rule (notice the amount of questions, nudging, explanations now allowed in surrender threads) and multiple topics being open/closed/merged... it's difficult to pin down which is spam, by which set of rules.

If I'd dealt with the report, I likely would have split off both posts to another server war thread, not the dump ; since it's a valid question, but not contributing/appropriate to a 'clean' surrender thread.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

errr... would mods who comment on MY post be so kind to check the times oneil's post was split from the surrender thread and moved to the public dump and the time I have posted BEFORE they make said comments.

Thank you

As for oneil's post: so far it has been best practice to allow only surrender posts and their acceptances/denials in surrender threads and threat every unrelated post as spam. This has been the case for over 18 months now.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
generaloneill
Forum Regular
Alliance: lone wolf
Race: Tollan
ID: 6258

Clarkey wrote:
ROCKY wrote:calling the thread pitiful is in no way an insult. Generaloneill did have a valid point when he posted, his post was not spam, as opposed to the followed up post by deni, would you not agree?
I think to get a fair point of view this should be sent to the ombudsman's corner though if generaloneill agrees.

Rocky

The thread is about people putting forward their surrenders and the HC of the relevant alliances responding to that. Nothing else. Therefore generaloneill's post ALONG WITH deni's post were both moved.

The post was moved to the public dump therefore still viewable and postable by the public.

Why would the ombudsman get involved when no-one actually received a warning?

Actually Denis wasnt moved, he/she posted in the public dump to gloat.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

well i can awnser a couple questions here.

your post was moved becausse only the following posts are not concidered spam:

- surrender requests
- surrenders being accepted
- ppl surrendering asking for the status of their surrender
- replys to that

it's been that way in every surrender threat on this forum

why can DDE mod their own threads:
becausse ppl acting as a moderator are not acting based on ingame things. mods are neutral when modding, if you do not agree with that the ombudsman can help you.

the thread is still open becausse the FUALL leaders have descided it will remain open for a while longer

title was not changed becausse the auther did not do it or anyone had it requested with a moderator by a person involved.

no saying a thread is pittyfull is not an insult since a thread is not a person.

any more questions or problems, pm me or visit my office, i'll still be there for the next couple of days
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

between caprila and Zeeky i think lies the best answer :)
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

generaloneill wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
ROCKY wrote:calling the thread pitiful is in no way an insult. Generaloneill did have a valid point when he posted, his post was not spam, as opposed to the followed up post by deni, would you not agree?
I think to get a fair point of view this should be sent to the ombudsman's corner though if generaloneill agrees.

Rocky

The thread is about people putting forward their surrenders and the HC of the relevant alliances responding to that. Nothing else. Therefore generaloneill's post ALONG WITH deni's post were both moved.

The post was moved to the public dump therefore still viewable and postable by the public.

Why would the ombudsman get involved when no-one actually received a warning?

Actually Denis wasnt moved, he/she posted in the public dump to gloat.

Yes I notice this now.
Image ImageImageImage
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

for some people is very important that topic to be clean of spam and clean of comments that has nothing to do with the topic
u cry because your post was removed?
do you think u are only the smart guy in this forum that notice the topic ?
everyone can see that fuall extended surrenders and some people are very happy for that
some not [-X
like 200 guys are very happy that topic is with just necesary things and we say ty to the mod team that they are doing their job
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
generaloneill
Forum Regular

SuperSaiyan wrote:
generaloneill wrote:this post

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=153274

removed from this thread

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=151827

And I merely pointed out that they were only allowing surrenders for a week in the title and that was 3 weeks ago, though the rule I broke wasnt pointed out to me.

so whats the problem here?

do you know how often stuff is split from that thread?

Clearly your post added nothing, nor had anything to do with the topic... so removed as such...

yet still I have received no message telling me which rule I have broken..........waiting.......waiting,,,,,
generaloneill
Forum Regular

SuperSaiyan wrote:LOL

you posted an derailing post, in a thread that has been kept pure. It was removed and you were not warned... What is the problem????

your mad it was moved? get over it

Im sorry but if a mod cant do his or her job then we need new, better mods. They can find the time to remove my post but cant spare the time to give a valid reason?

Im on loads of forums and this one has the worst rules/policy regarding mods.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

you did not break forum rules, and were thusly not punished...

as some of the above have said, the thread is regularly cleaned of anything not belonging there, and thus your post was moved away... (we dont read GC, so we would not know to define what belongs and what doesnt... which is also why we dont mod there more than absolutely needed...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

So what are you trying to achieve with this thread?

For the Mod that moved it to give you an explanation?
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Spam removed.

Spam is any post that is not one of the following:

1. A surrender
2. A withdrawal of surrender
3. The acceptance of a surrender
4. The notification from the listed people that a surrender is being considered.

Freespirit's post about Genesis has been kept as a special case.

All further spam will be removed.

There are other discussion threads for you to post in.

That's a post which Tekki, who is visibly a moderator, made on the first page of the thread.

First you were upset about the post being moved, and made the clear inference that you felt there was some form of DDE bias amongst the staff. Now your problem seems to be not that the post was moved, but that it was moved without anybody explaining to you why.

Tekki's post makes it clear what the rules of the thread are. I'm sorry that we aren't always able to PM everybody who is affected by a decision, but please bear in mind that the general mods are volunteers and there are time constraints. Had you PM'd somebody asking why, then I'm sure they'd have been happy to reply.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”