the mens thread

Ombudsman Case Archives
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: YAYAYYAYA i'm back again :(

i am not saying it is all your fault i'm not i'm saying that it is getting a bit much and it is sad.... good players never come because of the modding and good players leave becasue of the modding it's not just about the topic or i would have put that as my title it is about all of it it's time for the people to stand up and say listen mods take a chill we want to live not be told wat to do it's time for us to have fun without going to far and the mens topic didn't it's all of it guys all of it all you do is mod you don't htink before you do it you just do it your not a robot you are a human think wat you are doing to the forums before you do it

EDIT

Zeek you are the man ;)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

now guys let's try and find a deal, guys with what conditions can you guys live

mods, with what conditions can you guys live

and lets make the conditions fairly simple. if they are broken X amount of times the topic is closed. that way we at least tryed to make it work for everyone ;)

let's get creative ppl :)
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

i can live with spoilers i can that is easy and i can live with no nude pics obviously but i want it to be able to do wat we want and i think 3 times in a month is more then fair for warnings to get it locked
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

sorry about breaking in here, zeek...
concerning the purpose of the ombudsman:
1. A man who investigates complaints and mediates fair settlements, especially between aggrieved parties such as consumers or students and an institution or organization.
2. A government official, especially in Scandinavian countries, who investigates citizens' complaints against the government or its functionaries.

the ombudsman is not the "Voice of the people" but rather a mediator...

as for the topic... there's 73 events in that topics logs...
among those: 2 warnings, 5 splits (posts moved away) and 30 edited posts... it was also stickied/unstickied 22 times...
thats way more than any other regular topic... especially over such time period... a heated topic in the GC that has been around over 40 days, had only 124 entries in the log... this topic was around one week, and got about 60% of the entries... if the modding event rate had been kept on that level for 40 days, it would have been modded 417 times... for that matter, the 1256 post GC topic for the server war had less mod actions for its whole existence, and its been around since july second...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

lol the truth is that there were no rules broken did you get a woody from wat was posted? if so that is sad!!!!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

A compromise works fine . And if you actually followed the thread you would know i stated the clause on the aroussing rule and identified it
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Dear SS . Why would i enforce it. I am not a mod like you. And ya if it means nothing then shame
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person
ID: 0

Didnt see this was in the obudsman corner, apologies for the off topic spammage.

Ive got no vested interest in the thread that was deleted, having not been in it, i was just musing at a very common occurance on forums of this kind.

Ambiguous morals ftw

apolegy accepted

zeek ;)
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

The man rules were enforced... They were ofcourse not serious rules
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Ok SS since you think we aroused ppl please give us the line we may not cross....and toto please dont make immature remarks like that
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

No rules were being broken in the Thread when it was moved. I would've rectified that quickly. It was moved because Clarkey didn't like the content in it and wants to push HIS morals on all the users here, and he can since he is Admin.. I guess.

Mikgamer wrote:I fail to see why we should compromise at all if what we are posting is not against forum rules. I have yet to see one rule quoted. And if the mods were smart they would stick to the "nuking has always been a part of the spam temple" argument. But instead they add their own personal reasons in to it. And since none of those reasons yet to be mentioned are against forum rules it is abuse of moderating powers.
I agree with pretty much all of this quote.

The warnings issued, one was for an image violating the rules. One was for double posting, and I am not sure of the other. ALL other post edits were for spoilers being added. Lots of the other Mod actions were Earendil and me having fun, sticky'ing and unsticky'ing. There was no good reason for it to be sticky'd and no good reason for it not to be, therefore it was continuously changed back and forth.. no harm.

It should be restored. It was NOT a normal nuking like all others are, if say, I was to move it back right now, like I could with any other thread that was Nuked. I would be in trouble... big trouble. The thread can't be touched now unless Clarkey says so, or bad things will happen to whoever does.

There was nothing wrong with the thread except some people not liking what was in it, and if they didn't like it they don't have to read it. It was NOT breaking any rules.

*EDIT*
Jack wrote:1. The thread was pushing the bounds of what was acceptable on the forum.
2. The thread was not removed because of that.
3. The Misc Mods, including Ear and Solus, are doing their jobs by arbitrarily modding the Temple.
4. The thread was no where near "x rated." :roll:
Agree with all that as well.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

actually, they werent all spoilers... we've found at least one of them marked "explicit content"
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

At zera that explicit one was moses warning
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

*yawn*

Considering i am half drunk i will not repsond with my reasonings just yet, because i might make silly mistakes in what i say.

Howver i will be nice and let every one cry about this for a few days longer, yes that's right, will be be absent pretty much until Monday or Tuesday. Have a few nice days crying because you can't post semi naked picture to drool over.

toodles.
Image ImageImageImage
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

This is stupid it was a thread that got alittle out of hand and could of been put back in to order by leaveing a post and locking it for a few days untill eveyone had cam down. not syaing how to do your jobs becuase your doing great but thats what i would of down if i was a misc mod

Clarkey has the right as much as anyone else does dont make him the bad guy becuase some of you are upset any misc mod can do and most probely do what he did Plus its the same as my first pharagraph let every one cam down and retrun it if you wish.

~sam
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Case Archives”