Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: YAYAYYAYA i'm back again :(

Please stop the spam. Thank you Earendil for helping out.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Tetrismonkey wrote:On top of this, Zera, a forum admin has already pointed out that within 1 weeks time, the thread was modded more times than ANY GC thread thats been around almost 5x longer. This thread at this point in time is causing more harm than good.
I will only respond to help clarify this point, since most things have already been said that can be said...

I think 3, maybe 4 posts were edited for content. I edited easily 20+ posts to add spoilers, that's it. Editing for spoilers really isn't a big deal, I didn't warn anyone for breaking that rule since I am sure after seeing all the edits and me just continuing to tell them to remember to use a spoiler would eventually teach them. The vast majority of the Mod Log was myself and Earendil sticky'ing and unsticky'ing the thread, which as I maintain was in the spirit of fun and abuse of power.

So really 3 and maybe 4 rule violations? Only 3 pictures edited out, as far as I know, one warning was for quadruple posting...

IMO, the thread was causing no trouble for me as a Mod at all. I cannot speak for any other GM or Misc Mod though. The only trouble it may have caused was the vast multitude of pictures over 600px but you can't really complain about that.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

the thread was getting well out of hand. I cant speak for clarkey so I wont. I will say that:

-the thread REGULARLY bent if not broke several rules

-the majority of the thread would need to be altered, and of 70 pages, this is unreasonable.

-considering the above there is no real reason the thread should be returned.

As far as the mod issue is concerned, those people who choose not to come here? thats their choice, and if they think that mods making this place family friendly is enough to stop them coming here, well, they can go back to their numbered Futaba Channel based image boards. the rules here are to be enforced, we enforce them. if people don't like the consequences of posting material needing moderation, that's their problem, not ours.

zeke/jim, if you want to warn me for this post, i accept it.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

I am locking this thread for now. Currently the discussion is rather...circular...
If anyone wants this thread unlocked for any good reason contact me, zeek or earendil. Zeek may open it again tomorrow anyway.
Will defiantly be re opened for Clarkey's post.
Much love
Jim
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

i'll unlock it when i get home but here are some things that ned to be tought about:

- the content tended to be to explicited
- there were never spoilers used
- actual rulebreacking was few but it demanded alot of mod atention
- it was getting out of hand

now bringing back the entire topic would just create an uncontrolable mess and a hell of alot of work for the mods to clean it up. now my question is : can we get a simular topic wich has it's rules stated from the start such as being:

- all pictures in spoilers no mather what size --> takes away most of the modding
- don't make it a stick --> takes away thread pingpong
- X amounts of rule breackings --> topic is closed down forever
- actual warnings are given when ppl go to far

and zera you are right the ombudsman is not the voice of the ppl, the forum ombudsman is a bridge between forum users and forum staff.

what i want to come to is a decent proposal that users and mods can live with and present that to the admins. anyways we'll have to wait for clarkey to explain.

clarkey feel free to post in this topic even if it's locked but do lock it again after posting.

zeek
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: the mens thread

all posts not contributing to the discussion have been removed.

let it be known that our patience with spam in the ombudsman section is officialy @ an end

posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=153979

here:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=153915

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=117479&start=0
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Clarkey wrote:*yawn*

Considering i am half drunk i will not repsond with my reasonings just yet, because i might make silly mistakes in what i say.

Howver i will be nice and let every one cry about this for a few days longer, yes that's right, will be be absent pretty much until Monday or Tuesday. Have a few nice days crying because you can't post semi naked picture to drool over.

toodles.

Fair enough. See ya on monday Clarkster

Earendil wrote:The Truth
1) Clarkey moved it for his own reasons which he'll state when he's sober and has time instead of making an ass for himself
2) Me and Emp went back and forth about the topic being stickied, that's nothing special, we both have different views on it, and while i could of pulled 'rank' i didn't care and was having fun with it.
3) While yes, only a few posts were removed and only 1 warning from an image, many, many of the images could of been moved and warning could of been issued due to them.

then warning should be given....

Tetrismonkey wrote:Although the images posted were only semi/half nude pictures, it poses the question, what was the purpose of posting such images? For lols? For fun? Or perhaps because you get "excited" looking at them.

If the pictures excited you maybe you should get out the house more often?? (i say that in the nicest manner possible)

they were posted for the lulz. we men.... its like asking why did you just smash a beer can with your forehead... "coz i am a man... GRR!!!"

I also think a proposal should be made

like the topic is sirt of a user

after 3 warning it gets a 2 week lock.
3 bannings equal a perma-lock

Spoilers must be used

it should not be stickied
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

I totally agree with jack. and he is kinda the god of spam so i guess he knows the temple
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Why is this even being discussed?

I'm no veteran of spam, but from my understanding, threads in the temple REGULARLY get dumped, sometimes for no reason whatsoever. Rulebending or not.

There's already a replacement thread in place so what's the concern?
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

it is being descussed because the temple should be allowed to be the temple that is wat it is there for.... to have fun...

No Rules Broken= No reason to dump it....

especially if it is an active topic....

This entire game is based on killing people so i don't see why people worry about girls in skimpy outfits...

if peoples parents were really that strict they would not be allowed online in the first place let alone to play a game that involves killings off millions
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

zeekomkommer wrote:i'll unlock it when i get home but here are some things that ned to be tought about:

- the content tended to be to explicited
- there were never spoilers used
- actual rulebreacking was few but it demanded alot of mod atention
- it was getting out of hand

now bringing back the entire topic would just create an uncontrolable mess and a hell of alot of work for the mods to clean it up. now my question is : can we get a simular topic wich has it's rules stated from the start such as being:

- all pictures in spoilers no mather what size --> takes away most of the modding
- don't make it a stick --> takes away thread pingpong
- X amounts of rule breackings --> topic is closed down forever
- actual warnings are given when ppl go to far

and zera you are right the ombudsman is not the voice of the ppl, the forum ombudsman is a bridge between forum users and forum staff.

what i want to come to is a decent proposal that users and mods can live with and present that to the admins. anyways we'll have to wait for clarkey to explain.

clarkey feel free to post in this topic even if it's locked but do lock it again after posting.

zeek

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=153929

it has already been started i know the old topic will not be coming back but this one hopefully will stay under control i will try to see to that by informing misc mods when rule break occurs, hoepfully this will be enghigh to make this stay.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Case Archives”