Board warning issued

Ombudsman Case Archives
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
Race: Lulz
ID: 69040

Board warning issued

Tetrismonkey wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=68&p=1916091#p1916091 .

"sigh :roll: thats why your a dh"

Masking is prohibited on these boards
Section 5: Language
b. Profanity
c. Abuse / Racism

How is that just?
surely i should get a verbal warning,
and how is **Filtered** head against the rules :S << ahh masking thus i should get a verbal warning right? :?
people call each other "nubs" "noobs" "idiots" "stupid" all the time
Thanks ;)

H1H1 wrote:post anything like this again and you will be warned

that was refering to

mikgamer wrote:kikaz is my DH

pot, kettle, black
Last edited by Tropic Thunder on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lulz?
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

Re: Board warning issued

Tetrismonkey wrote:You have already had a few verbal warnings in the past, i don't see how giving countless verbal warnings work

And? i havn't got a verbal warning for masking,
Does that no show if i get a verbal warning i change ;)
So thus i should of gotten a verbal warning not a formal warning
thanks

lulz?
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

youve already got 2 verbal warnings. [-X
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

Who knows what DH mean its could be dummy head and im serious about this so take this post seriously

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Byrnes wrote:Who knows what DH mean its could be dummy head and im serious about this so take this post seriously

If I say ahole o mofo do i mean "oh look,a hole" or "more food"?
I'm all for verbal violence here but no name calling please...
Bias Admin colour
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

Tetrismonkey wrote:you know the forums rules or has your former forum mod friend not talked to you?

quit digging, you're not going to find much.

the fact is, you clearly knew that it was masking

I have never read the forum rules, couldn't find them. Which i admit is my mistake.
Im not digging, and im not trying to find anything, just preventing being burried ;)

You say that, but i didn't even know what masking is, had to google it:
masking [ˈmɑːskɪŋ]
n
1. the act or practice of masking
2. (Psychology) Psychol the process by which a stimulus (usually visual or auditory) is obscured by the presence of another almost simultaneous stimulus

which i infered from that as taking dh to mean as **Filtered** head.
Rocky wrote:youve already got 2 verbal warnings. [-X

Good point, what is it?

lulz?
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

SuperSaiyan wrote:rules are globaled :roll:

Thank you, i know that know

lulz?
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Tropic Thunder wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:rules are globaled :roll:

Thank you, i know that know

how did you not before? its kind in your face every time you click into a section :shock:

i use the
"view active topics" and "view your posts"
I don't have hours and hours to scroll through the forum trying to locate the rules

lulz?
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

Earendil wrote:The forums are located in every section of the forums. The full version is located in the annoucement section.

How can you not know?

I don't know, i just have never looked at the rules of this forum in all of my life.
Has everyone here read the rules of you government heart by heart yet you live in the country everyday and you abide by those rules.
Its the same thing. I honestly did not and have not ever read them (i am about to start) :)

lulz?
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

Tetrismonkey wrote:Its good you are now willing to read the rules.

Just keep in mind, before blamming us for doing our job wrongfully, make sure you have your facts in order.

If you have learned your lession from this, then we are doing our jobs right. Hopefully you will become a better person and more aware of how things operate on the forums. If you have any doubts about your post or someone elses, speak with a mod to help clarify things. We are, after all here to help, not just inforce rules.

I wasn't blaming you for doing your job wrong, i just didn't feel i deserved the warning when i didn't know what the rules were or what masking was.

I have, and thats all i needed to know, we learn from our mistakes so i am glad i have made it so i don't do the mistake in the future. thank you.
In future i will :)

lulz?
t3h d3vastator
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

H1N1 wrote:you have reported people for masking before, do i need to dig through the reports if they're still there?

Tropic Thunder wrote:i just didn't feel i deserved the warning when i didn't know what the rules were or what masking was.

:shock:
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate

t3h d3vastator wrote:
H1N1 wrote:you have reported people for masking before, do i need to dig through the reports if they're still there?

Tropic Thunder wrote:i just didn't feel i deserved the warning when i didn't know what the rules were or what masking was.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

lulz?
t3h d3vastator
Fledgling Forumer

Tropic Thunder wrote:
t3h d3vastator wrote:

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

well to be honest this is the first time ive ever looked in this section. i didnt even know what an ombudsman was until i looked more closely here.

but something positive... well it may not have seemed positive to you because it would have looked more like a negative.

but the reason i quoted 2 posts is because you claimed not to know the rules or what masking was but a mod said that you yourself have reported people before for masking but yet you chose to ignore what that mod said.

so no it may not have been positive but hey it was a valid point.
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

when you sign up for the forums dont you click an accept button that means youve read through the big paragraph that also includes some general rules for the forum?

and i dont think that DH would fall in the same category as the other stated things that you mention such as STHU. firstly those are general statements where as DH is a direct insult.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Ignorance, I'm afraid, is no excuse. To use this forum is to agree to the rules; rules which are your responsibility to know. If you're not going to familiarize yourself with them, then you're going to have to be prepared to deal with potential consequences.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”