R.I.P Mininova!!!

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Rorschach
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Re: R.I.P Mininova!!!

also thepiratebay.com is another ive heard of
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

buck wrote:
Radiance wrote:
Ashu wrote:Why what happened?!
They're all changing to "distribution trackers only", which is basically "We'll only have crappy Hidden Object Games for your entertainment, don't try to find the rest, because that is all gone."
All remaining torrent sites are utterly spammed with crap. So yeah.. sad day.
buck wrote:I dont want this to sound harsh, but when people stop downloading off torrent sites, and start watching there favourate shows on TV, the viewing figures will go up, And they will stop getting cancelled. [-X
You say that, but you know as well as I do that is nonsense, you Lovecraftian Old One. :P

Not so! Terminator, Sarah conner cronicles, got cancelled due to the poor viewing figures... Have you seen the amount of people who downloaded that show?!!?! It got cancelled because some people dont like adverts! ](*,)

If you really Are that bothered, SurftheChanell should have every movie or tv you want.

If you cant beat them....

Best site!!!
Torrents are where you can download stuff right?

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

meh...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

well said... the easiest way for those producers to get people not to download things, would be not to make people wait more than a year extra in other parts of the world to watch the shows...

if they do with TV shows as they do with major movies, as in release them globally at the same time, then the views would skyrocket... and the downloading would drop quite a lot...

all the shows we are interested in, usually show up years late in norway, if ever... and when they show up, they air at times we rarely can watch them... now if one compares that to the ease people today have for downloading, and watching at a time that fits the watcher, and not the producer, then it is easy to understand why people download...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Mininova ftl.
Locke
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: System Lord
ID: 1944545
Alternate name(s): LOCKE FOREVER

Isohunt for movies n TV shows... Demonoid for the older TV shows
bleedingblue wrote:they're RICOS! the name explains it all. RICO'S (this is the important part right here ;) ) WAAAAARLOOOORDS!!! they mass stuff, its what they do. you dont question why a lion hunts a gazelle do you?! lol! :-D
Spoiler
Trade feedback

You have started playing at 07:19:06 on 28. July 2008. You are playing for 595 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes, 29 seconds.
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

buck wrote:I dont want this to sound harsh, but when people stop downloading off torrent sites, and start watching there favourate shows on TV, the viewing figures will go up, And they will stop getting cancelled. [-X

SOOO TRue, so many of my favourite shows got cancelled..

DINOTOPIA
ROME
SG1
SGA

its a shame.. i know this but i cant stop downloading.. movies, shows, games..

if we keep downloading, the quality of these releases is going to decreases. THe produces should see this and make everything cheaper.. including tv channels.. then we might actually watch

+ downloading works like a on demand.. you can watch it whenever you want to,whereas shows u have to watch at a certain time..

ill countinue downloading untill prices become cheapter
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

HOW ABOUT WE make a theater for the show.. u can come in any time and watch.. that would surely increase the prices, NOONE, I MEAN NOONE Like cam quality movies..

Am I a Good trader??
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Or, you could spend the time you currently spend on stealing, on stealing stuff that you can resell and make a buck. Then, you can afford things that us normal working people can afford. Such as cable TV, cinema tickets.

Alternatively, don't spend the time on stealing, but on working. Earn not just a living, but the aforementioned TV and cinema tickets as well.
Lord knows you might just accidentally develop a skillset in the process. :shock: Less prison time too.
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Offensive Bias wrote:Or, you could spend the time you currently spend on stealing, on stealing stuff that you can resell and make a buck. Then, you can afford things that us normal working people can afford. Such as cable TV, cinema tickets.

Alternatively, don't spend the time on stealing, but on working. Earn not just a living, but the aforementioned TV and cinema tickets as well.
Lord knows you might just accidentally develop a skillset in the process. :shock: Less prison time too.

it doesnt take any time stealing shows/movies..
U go to btjunkie, you type in what ur looking for. U DL the file over night. You watch it whenever you want to.
This eliminates the need to buy on demand television.

Am I a Good trader??
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

*grin* Expect mail from the Websheriff soon, hun. Unrepenting criminals.. neckshot. You draw the map.
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

Zeratul wrote:well said... the easiest way for those producers to get people not to download things, would be not to make people wait more than a year extra in other parts of the world to watch the shows...

if they do with TV shows as they do with major movies, as in release them globally at the same time, then the views would skyrocket... and the downloading would drop quite a lot...

all the shows we are interested in, usually show up years late in norway, if ever... and when they show up, they air at times we rarely can watch them... now if one compares that to the ease people today have for downloading, and watching at a time that fits the watcher, and not the producer, then it is easy to understand why people download...

you can't really blame the producers for that. the TV companies don't want to take a gamble on a show, so they wait and see how it fares in the US.
and to be honest, the viewing figures out of the US (or whatever country the show was prosuced in) has absolutely zero value as to the decision whether to keep it on or not. now, marchendising, on the other hand, doesn't. and that's not adversly affected by torrents as best i know.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo

Return to “The TV room”