Warning Issued - No rule broke

Ombudsman Case Archives
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Warning Issued - No rule broke

Board Warning wrote:Users given ample warning in thread about flaming. Thread originally contained flame bait, however publisher removed said bait. No reason to post this publically.

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=156520&start=60

Sarajevo wrote:
I never really liked you. Not sure that I ever really agreed with anything you did. In my opinion you're a huge hypocrite and do not deserve the right to remain on these Forums.

So I will repeat the previous sentiments as my farewell you to, Clarkey...

Earendil wrote:
**Filtered** off

Jack wrote:
"**Filtered** off." ;)

Gil-Galad wrote:
**Filtered** off

**Filtered** off

I was issued a board warning for the above post... I maintain that I broke no rules in my post. Moderators in the thread reiterated the need to follow the rules, and I did follow them. I posted, and broke no rule.

Semper wrote:What rules you broke?

The Forum Rules wrote:b. Profanity
The use of profanity on the SGW forums is prohibited at all times. This means swearing, cursing and vulgarity. This includes the use of masking. SGW is a family orientated game and as such the language used must be suitable for children.

N.B. As Factorizer signatures often display such content the use of them is forbidden on the SGW forums. However, static versions of the signature, that are clean of prohibited material are still allowed, though users take full responsibility for their content.

Consequence:
The offending user will be given one warning point.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Firstly you made a personal attack on him by calling him a hypocrite. Which could have been let go with a simple pm...

however... you moved into the double whammy by quoting several lines of swear words and then adding your own at the bottom, filtered out or not.

Mods are to keep things on topic and the verbal warnings issued in that thread were to keep the topic focused on saying farewell to a former forum user in a respectable manner opposed to debating other things which had no place in that topics. These warnings were further issued to avoid people breaking the above two forum rules.

Ample warning was given about this and to keep the topic fairer and more respectful. This was ignored once. The topic was closed for a cool down period. The topic was re-opened with the verbal warnings re-stated. You ignored them.

You're allowed to post your opinions... and believe me you can, somehow for the past four years I have managed it and you know how controversial my opinions can be..but something like this..for a mod doesn't post in such a blatantly policed topic?

Let's take this one at a time now...

Semper wrote:Firstly you made a personal attack on him by calling him a hypocrite. Which could have been let go with a simple pm...

however... you moved into the double whammy by quoting several lines of swear words and then adding your own at the bottom, filtered out or not.
Calling someone a "hypocrite" is not a personal attack, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who believes it is. It could have been in a PM but then what would the purpose of the thread be if I cannot post?

I quoted several lines of filtered profanity, "swear words", but since when is triggering the word filter against the rules? I triggered it, I used a word I knew was filtered and quoted several other filtered words. That is the "profane" portion of my post which simply was not at all, since any possibly profane words I used was filtered which defeats the purpose.

Semper wrote:Mods are to keep things on topic and the verbal warnings issued in that thread were to keep the topic focused on saying farewell to a former forum user in a respectable manner opposed to debating other things which had no place in that topics. These warnings were further issued to avoid people breaking the above two forum rules.
I was very on topic, saying goodbye to Clarkey and telling him what I thought of his experience on the Forums. I debated nothing I didn't mention any specific incident such as the recent incident of him deleting things. I have no obligation to be respectful, I see no reason I can't be rude if I want, I am well within my rights as long as I am not profane and do not break the "Abuse/Racism" rule with some sort of personal attack which I did not.

Semper wrote:Ample warning was given about this and to keep the topic fairer and more respectful. This was ignored once. The topic was closed for a cool down period. The topic was re-opened with the verbal warnings re-stated. You ignored them.
Again, I have no obligation to remain "fairer and more respectful" as long as I break no rules. A Moderator is well within his right to close a thread that is a flame fest, but not to warn people in the thread if did not directly break any rule. I ignored nothing, I took the verbal warnings under consideration and posted accordingly. If they weren't there be assured my post would've been very different.

My post did not break any rules.

~Empy
Last edited by Empy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

Re: Warning Issued - No rule broke

the warining comes from posting an irralavent post in the quiting area after multiple warnings givein in the thread by the mods.

i bet you thats gonna be the reason that the mods give you!

in truth, you did deserve it..

why do you have a coloured name on you?
strip him of his mod powers and give the coloured name to me!
Last edited by KnowLedge on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Search found 2502 matches
Search term used: **filtered**

Search found 337 matches
Search term used: hypocrite

Semper wrote:AA...i wouldnt lower yourself mate, let him have his illusions. He's probably just an insecure tit sitting in his own basement, quite happily showing the world he is a very good hypocrite.

:-$
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

AssAsinX wrote:the warining comes from posting an irralavent post in the quiting area after multiple warnings givein in the thread by the mods.

i bet you thats gonna be the reason that the mods give you!

in truth, you did deserve it..

why do you have a coloured name on you?
strip him of his mod powers and give the coloured name to me!

It seems quite relevant to the topic at hand. In no way does the forum rules state that you many post a certain way in a goodbye topic, in fact many users had before. The only verbal warning given in that topic was over not arguing about the events before clarkey's leaving, it does not say anything about lying and telling him he did a good job or that only those who like him can post. I believe some dictators don't allow voters who like his opponent to vote but still they hold an election, does that make it any more reasonable?
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

KnowLedge
Forum Elite

The thing is, mods gave verbal warning atleast 4 times

and still the illiterate continue to post the useless..

its just one warning.. out of 3, and i think they go away after few months.. so just chill..

Am I a Good trader??
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

AssAsinX wrote:The thing is, mods gave verbal warning atleast 4 times

its just one warning.. out of 3, and i think they go away after few months.. so just chill..

Illiterate would be considered an insult under the forum rules apparently, however mods giving verbal warnings for a separate item does not make the warning somehow legitimate. Also, if you use that reasoning, someone cutting off your finger is ok cause you have 9 left and it might grow back...
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

KnowLedge
Forum Elite

BMMJ13 wrote:

Illiterate would be considered an insult under the forum rules apparently, however mods giving verbal warnings for a separate item does not make the warning somehow legitimate. Also, if you use that reasoning, someone cutting off your finger is ok cause you have 9 left and it might grow back...

i dont understand what you are saying.. becuase its completely off topic..

me calling someone an illiterate is an insult if it wasn't the truth :)

Am I a Good trader??
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

AssAsinX wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:

i dont understand what you are saying.. becuase its completely off topic..

me calling someone an illiterate is an insult if it wasn't the truth :)

Once again by your reasoning Sarajevo is well within his right to call Clarkey a hypocrite as he believes he is, just as you believe Sarajevo is illiterate.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

KnowLedge
Forum Elite

i admit i was wayyyyyy oftopicand a bit of an a s s hole (ban me for using A S S) too lol

but you see, i dont give a dam if i get a warning, i think it would actually be better if my acccount gets banned for 2 weeks, im got some exams next week sooo

idc

besides, everyone uses the word hipocrit.. but they themselves know that at times they are hipocrits as well :)

i just realized that lol

Edit: ass, jsut checking if it was one of those words

Am I a Good trader??
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Sarajevo wrote:
Sarajevo wrote:I never really liked you. Not sure that I ever really agreed with anything you did. In my opinion you're a huge hypocrite and do not deserve the right to remain on these Forums.

So I will repeat the previous sentiments as my farewell you to, Clarkey...

Earendil wrote:
**Filtered** off

Jack wrote:
"**Filtered** off." ;)

Gil-Galad wrote:
**Filtered** off

**Filtered** off

I was issued a board warning for the above post... I maintain that I broke no rules in my post. Moderators in the thread reiterated the need to follow the rules, and I did follow them. I posted, and broke no rule.

This is what YOU know:

You know what flaiming is.
You know what warnings Semps had put in that thread.
You know the thread was locked for a cooling down period.
You knew your post would generate flaiming.

You had no reason to repeat the sentiment of 3 other people just to then say the same sentiment yourself at the end. You could have just said **Filtered** off yourself, but know you had to flaim the topic by posting all the others.

It's funny how it was only mods (and ex-mods) that posted those sort of sentiments.

Since when do hypocrites not have a right to remain on the forums? Everyone has moreorless proved themselves as a hypocrite at least once. But oh that's right i don't deserve to come here because i'm a hypocrite but also because you don't like me! *cries*.

You never really agreed with anything I ever did. Hmmmm.... ok then clearly Sarajevo is happy to have cheats running around this game then. AssAsinX you have Sarajevo's approval to do what you like.

But i'm sure because Mordack doesn't want me on the forums either then he'll make pretty sure you're warning is overturned. I guess Sarajevo you are one of the mods that has cried and threatened that you'd quit if i ever got my access back. lol.

Myself, Jack and one other got warnings in that quitting thread for the same reason you did. If you get your warning overturned then so should the rest of us. But there were more verbal warnings in the thread after we got ours so that means you had even more verbal warnings to read in the thread BEFORE getting your warning yet you still posted a flaiming post.
Forum Admin : GateWars BattleCorp - Join Now!
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

clarkey_test wrote:Since when do hypocrites not have a right to remain on the forums?

When such acts of hypocrisy occur in that an admin, the highest level on the forum besides Jason, goes and deletes a section of the forum over a person they dislike.

clarkey_test wrote:It's funny how it was only mods (and ex-mods) that posted those sort of sentiments.

Funny how it was also a lot of people who posted in the Spam section.

clarkey_test wrote:Myself, Jack and one other got warnings in that quitting thread for the same reason you did. If you get your warning overturned then so should the rest of us. But there were more verbal warnings in the thread after we got ours so that means you had even more verbal warnings to read in the thread BEFORE getting your warning yet you still posted a flaiming post.

Verbal discussion regarding your issue (see above) were those that were supposed to stop. This was due to your original post and peoples responses to it. Sarajevo posted to give you the goodbye you deserved. For someone quitting, you sure seem to be back to posting a lot.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

BMMJ13 wrote:Verbal discussion regarding your issue (see above) were those that were supposed to stop. This was due to your original post and peoples responses to it. Sarajevo posted to give you the goodbye you deserved. For someone quitting, you sure seem to be back to posting a lot.

I haven't left yet because I still have unfinished business with the Ombudsman who is looking in to my case of DaDigi using his own personal feelings towards me to ban my account AFTER the administration had unbanned me.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

clarkey_test wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:Verbal discussion regarding your issue (see above) were those that were supposed to stop. This was due to your original post and peoples responses to it. Sarajevo posted to give you the goodbye you deserved. For someone quitting, you sure seem to be back to posting a lot.

I haven't left yet because I still have unfinished business with the Ombudsman who is looking in to my case of DaDigi using his own personal feelings towards me to ban my account AFTER the administration had unbanned me.

Ahh yes, because someone using their personal feelings to ban someone who deleted how many accounts and a section of the forum containing thousands of posts out of their own personal feelings and hate towards someone...
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

BMMJ13 wrote:
clarkey_test wrote:

Ahh yes, because someone using their personal feelings to ban someone who deleted how many accounts and a section of the forum containing thousands of posts out of their own personal feelings and hate towards someone...

Doesn't matter what i did or didn't do, fact is DaDigi still used his personal feelings to abuse his mod powers, like i did. Doesn't matter whether his incident was small scale compared to mine, it still is not right for him to abuse his mod powers.... oh Sarajevo that makes DaDigi a hypocrite, he should not be allowed on these forums.

BMMJ13 this Ombudsman case is about Sarajevo, lets keep it that way and not about me and the fact that i'm still here.
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
Race: Lulz
ID: 69040

What a stupid thing to give a warning for. Seems like Semper wants to try to state his new authority as a mod. #-o

Semper wrote:AA...i wouldnt lower yourself mate, let him have his illusions. He's probably just an insecure tit sitting in his own basement, quite happily showing the world he is a very good hypocrite.

what a hypocrite.

lulz?

Return to “Case Archives”