Angry

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Angry

oh, right... it doesnt... but the latest discussion, was on the german section, hence we added that part... the nine preceeding posts all had it as topic...

but in order to get things back on topic, we think the discussion on the german section is finished... if you want to take it further, use a new topic...

all parties in the thread here have some piece of sense... but none of them are entirely correct... but that is how it always is...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

all i'm saying is i don't think he should have gotten his account stripped maybe a bann would have helped lol idk i just like to debate :) but seriously i think he was right and so do many of us... i don't hate any admins or mods... there are a few that anger me but hey then again i am sure i piss alot of you off aswell lol just think Clarkey did wat was right and got delted for it lol then again i don't think he should have did wat he did to Jack either lol not that Jack and i always see eye to eye either but i think it was totally uncalled for... but i don't think it calls for a deleting so to speak
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

ToToRo wrote:all i'm saying is i don't think he should have gotten his account stripped maybe a bann would have helped lol idk i just like to debate :) but seriously i think he was right and so do many of us... i don't hate any admins or mods... there are a few that anger me but hey then again i am sure i piss alot of you off aswell lol just think Clarkey did wat was right and got delted for it lol then again i don't think he should have did wat he did to Jack either lol not that Jack and i always see eye to eye either but i think it was totally uncalled for... but i don't think it calls for a deleting so to speak

i don't believe you had an actual point, or at least a creditable one. clarkey got exactly what he deserved, it was another admin, i'm sure clarkey would have reacted in the same way, where he still on the team?
i do not see how anything he done was right?

i'm sure people may not like the temple, but your opinion of the temple is quite incorrect imo as for alot of the time, it was one of the only active places on these forums where people enjoyed themselves and there was no flaming going on, in contrast to the general sections? so unless you love your flaming and arguing (which you clearly seem to do) the temple a nice place to post in and is quite well moderated, contrary to your opinion in earlier posts.

also, you haven't even been here, so you seem to just be arguing to provoke people and cause trouble on the forums, which puts you alot lower on my list than any spammer that posts "inappropriate content" so if you could kindly shut up, that would be fantastic. ;)
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Maddog wrote:
ToToRo wrote:all i'm saying is i don't think he should have gotten his account stripped maybe a bann would have helped lol idk i just like to debate :) but seriously i think he was right and so do many of us... i don't hate any admins or mods... there are a few that anger me but hey then again i am sure i piss alot of you off aswell lol just think Clarkey did wat was right and got delted for it lol then again i don't think he should have did wat he did to Jack either lol not that Jack and i always see eye to eye either but i think it was totally uncalled for... but i don't think it calls for a deleting so to speak

i'm sure people may not like the temple, but your opinion of the temple is quite incorrect imo as for alot of the time, it was one of the only active places on these forums where people enjoyed themselves and there was no flaming going on, in contrast to the general sections? so unless you love your flaming and arguing (which you clearly seem to do) the temple a nice place to post in and is quite well moderated, contrary to your opinion in earlier posts.

Furthermore, there is a usergroup especially for people like you who do not wish to associate with those of us in the temple. It's open for anyone and everyone to join, and by joining it removes the temple from your forum list. We down in the temple don't get to know who doesn't want to see us. It makes it alot easier for you to ignore us, and us to go about our business.

tada, wow, a whole lot of problems solved.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

ToToRo wrote:sorry lol it's just how i feel... Clarkey has done alot... alot alot and the temple was out of hand even i say that and well i loved the temple lol it was time to get rid of it anyways lol... and i'm just saying everyone is cursing out Clarkey but he has done so much for this place it is unreal it's not fair to slander his name...

you did not love the temple, where was your attachment to the place? where are the threads you spent hours in? none of what Clarkey did is right and anyone who thinks that his overly emotional and completely irrational response to Jack is just trying to make themselves feel better because they would have done the same thing if they had the chance...

I am completely appalled by the lack of decency Clarkey revealed in himself when he deleted the temple, yes Clarkey exposed multi's and scammer's *applause* but to say no one has done as much for the forums is **Filtered** because look at the people who gave years to this place *Buck Lore EtL Psi Pookie Smoosh Robe* all of whom were far more invigorating to this community and were much better people in general than Clarkey. His failure as an admin and role model is absolute and unquestionable.
Spoiler
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

i keep hearing how deleting the temple has change/destroyed/ hurt u

please explain

i mean this honestly

any time i posted in it, it was a joke or a one word or slam, or some thing none not of great importance(hence SPAM)

now i know a lot of people enjoy posting there ( my wife for one) but for some / alot of us, it was a big nothing.

to carry on so about, to display such anger, well it's beyond me

not saying what he did was right, but, it how u move forward that tell the tale about people, and as tempty said, the mod team as a whole
Easy^ Rocks
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

papa~smurf wrote:i keep hearing how deleting the temple has change/destroyed/ hurt u

please explain

i mean this honestly

any time i posted in it, it was a joke or a one word or slam, or some thing none not of great importance(hence SPAM)

now i know a lot of people enjoy posting there ( my wife for one) but for some / alot of us, it was a big nothing.

to carry on so about, to display such anger, well it's beyond me

not saying what he did was right, but, it how u move forward that tell the tale about people, and as tempty said, the mod team as a whole

Can I let you in on a little secret? SOME OF US DON'T PLAY THE GAME. oh. wait. does that shock you?

We stick around for the forums, in specific, for the community in the spam temple. Does it shock me you don't understand? absolutely not. You're obviously not part of that community. The fact that the spam temple inhabitants have been treated like second class citizens on this forum for years explains that. There is a group so people can ignore us, where is our group to ignore you? Oh right. there isn't one.

Well, how about this, perhaps I'll make it easier for you to understand. Imagine Clarkey had deleted General or the Gal Col, both places where your part of the community hangs out. Now tell me it was "no big deal". There is just as much history in those forums as there was in ours. And don't you dare tell me that neither got out of hand like the spam temple did in your opinion by the end, as I started out my modding career in the General/Gal Col section. And let me tell you, there were points in time where the easiest thing to do seemed like deleting the whole section and starting over, when threads were locked faster than they were created.

Did any of us at that point do it? No. Again, I reiterate, if you didn't like what was happening in the spam temple, you had the option of making it never show up on your forum page again. I wish I had the same option with your general/gal col sections.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

ok for those of you who do not understand why it is a big deal to the spammer community

The Temple of Buck, Temple of Starry, Temple of Moose, Temple of Shiny Objects, Temple of Spam etc.... was a place where everyone was accepted and could have a fun time without fear of being flamed personally insulted or threatened because of what happened there. The temple was a home for many spammers where we created a community with a heart and history. That history was so easily destroyed by Clarkey in a fit of idiocy that astounds us. Not only was the temple fun, for a lot of us it represented a group of people that we could trust to put a smile on our faces no matter what was happening in RL, we knew that they were there and could help to lighten our moods. The hours we spent there erupted into hilarious conversations and timeless quotes. The friendships I have through the temple have extended quite naturally to MSN, and while I still enjoy those talks, nothing can quite compare to the witty banter Osi and I shared, the love Spacey gave and received with his farts, Bixxy Bro Appy and myself worshiping Avril Lavigne, and many other examples which I won't waste time posting. So in essence imagine your alliance forum with all its threads were suddenly deleted and you have no idea why...would you be angry? would you be upset? of course you would, and to most of the spammers the temple had that place in our hearts and in some cases was more important than the alliance forum. I know for a fact that I spent more time spamming with my friends than I did spamming with my alliance when I first started playing SGW. Without the temple I doubt I would have stayed as long as I have although I have obligations now which quite frankly override any desire to leave and have diminished my time to spend in the temple. The time I spent there has not been forgotten nor will it ever be, and the fact that people refuse to acknowledge that most of the spammers put alot of effort into the fun in the temple astounds me even now. Most places on this forum are unwelcoming not all the people just the general attitude and in the temple anyone and everyone was welcomed unless they came there for the sole purpose of annoying and attempting to debase the spammers for their so-called waste of time.

If you cannot understand why the temple meant so much to us after that then I fear that there is no reason for you to continue observing any discussion involving it. If something in my post is unclear PM me and I will do my utmost to make sure you understand.

Freddie
Spoiler
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

1) right now i do not "play" the game ethier. I have been on these boards in all it's colors long enough to understand it deficiencies and failings. I agree fully with u, a lot of things are out of hand, the post in the temple not with standing. However, u miss the point of the first post here, so let me be clear, at lest for myself;

THE WAY A LOT OF THE MODS ARE ACTING OVER THIS EVENT IS OUT OF LINE. THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF KEEPING ORDER, NOT ADDING TO THE DISORDER. iF THE ACTIONS OF ONE PERSON DRIVES U TO SUCH A FRENZY, U NEED TO STEP BACK AND RETHINK YOUR PORTION, AND IF U HAVE THE PERSPECTIVE TO MOD.

2) yes i understand the day u said "that" to so and so it was funny and u where friends for life ever after because of the temple. I am sorry u lost that post, and your others, but life is full of lost moments and mementos. the temple, the general, the ban user section, all part of this game. Why on earth then do u all seem so bend by this event to futhure the gap between these groups by going on so. Really, this should be a time when the community comes together, not with rope and torches in hand, but a helping hand.

i suggest that all current users of this fourm post once in the new temple, to show support for your lose. I also suggest that that u cross the divide and stop believing that one section is more important than some thing else.

it short,

let it go
move on
live and learn
Easy^ Rocks
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

ToToRo wrote:but seriously Clarkey has done more on these damn forums then anyone else so unless you have done more then him don't whine ;)

2 hours a day, for at least 18 months. ACTIVE service as first a MOD, then an ADMIN.

and that's just the average, at my peak, i was spending 3 hours a day catching up on the posts from the previous night, looking for rule violations, following that, i did my RL thing, and then came back in the evening for another 1-2 hours of patrolling the forums for rule violations, and participating in the community.

you want someone who has done more for this forum than clarkey? i can name several, and I personally, as someone who HAS built this place up from below the ground up, know that what he has done is a travesty. even more insulting, is the fact that according to THE GAME RULES, "scamming" is NOT ILLEGAL. he hasn't helped the rules of the game, he's only helped the spirit, which he destroyed more of with the deletion of the temple than existed in the rest of the forums combined.

the deletion of the temple is on par with the Deletion of Stargatewars General, or the Galactic Colosseum, actually, the deletion of the Temple is even worse than deleting the Galactic Colosseum, as there was more history, and more community in the temple than ever existed in the Colosseum.

yes, temptress may be right about how the mods are supposed to set an example, but quite frankly, i think their continued outrage is justified. and Dadigi's ban is in the rules. half of the time i feel that if i was an admin i'd just make the GC or General "disappear", and see what kind of outrage arises to let you "naysayers" know what the spammers went through when clarkey deleted the temple.

if you say the temple degenerated, i can from watching the forums from the beginning, tell you that the GC degenerated far faster than the temple did, and most of what was in the temple, was justifiable from what has appeared IN THE GC.

Clarkey, you may have done alot for this game, but you undid every last bit of it when you did that. as you destroyed part of the forum, i feel at BEST you should have to rebuild your persona, and the ban should stick.
there is no excuse.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Pimping D wrote:and already 98% of the spammers are multi's of Psi

i only have 7 active multi's atm, two are locked.

so, 7 users only puts me at about 50% of the remaining spammers...
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

Papa Smurf I have respect for you, always have but comparing general memories to Temple memories is foolish and you know it. Simply because life is full of lost memories doesn't mean that you expect or condone it when those memories are forcibly ripped away. I have no problems moving past, but I am well within my rights as a human being to be upset by this. I spent a lot of time there and I never expected the entire temple to be deleted. Whatever you do, do not patronize us by telling us that we should lead by example or that we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya because Clarkey made a boo-boo and if we all work together all this anger will go away. No it won't go away if the community pities the spammers, we look after our own as we always have, without interference from the general-goers who think they are somehow superior to the spammers. It quite frankly is a travesty that you are so misguided that you actually cannot fathom our anger and try to trivialize it by going on and on about how life is all about moving past. Spammers move past everything, they have experienced nukings which for most of the spammers means the threads are gone (moved to the temple dump which was also deleted by Clarkey) but they always could request a specific thread back and almost always this was acceptable and the thread was moved back, but here that cannot happen. You seem to believe that most of us should just accept his faults and be happy go-lucky about it. Quite frankly I refuse, I would rather let it be known that I unequivocally stand against any act of this kind. The Temple means more to us than you as a non-spammer will ever realize apparently. Yes I will get over it but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to post my feelings on the subject as a regular user.

None of what I am doing is done as a mod nor is it condoned as the mod teams opinion, you all seem to forget that us mods do have our own opinions and are mature enough to handle being angry about one thing but not letting it effect our so called jobs as moderators. Please Papa-Smurf avoid trying to patronize me in the future because its condescending and I absolutely cannot stand when people try to make themselves my better by advising me to just let it pass and be all acquiescent to the users around me.
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

At present, the controversy over Clarkey's ban and his subsequent appeal to the ombudsman are both 'hot topics' and a subject of considerable debate amongst the staff. The administration are discussing our position, too. I think it will be difficult to 'move on' whilst all of this is raging, but I agree that we will need to put it behind us in time.

Clarkey did do a lot of good for these forums. I was his section leader when he was blue, and I found that he moderated general fairly and impartially. He and I clashed on various topics whilst he was an administrator, but I never doubted his dedication to the forums or how seriously he took his job. For anybody to claim that he's never contributed anything to this place would be ludicrous.

But that doesn't change what he did, sadly. You can lose everything in the heat of a moment. Friendships have been ruined with choice words, and promising career prospects cut short with one drunken indiscretion. It's how things work. We are, all of us, judged on our moments of weakness.

What Clarkey did was very wrong. Although his track record is one of steadfast contribution and hard work, I do not believe that it can be used to excuse what he did or as an adequate justification for greater leniency. You do the crime, as they say, and you do the time. Regardless of who you are, and regardless of your reputation.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

Gil-Galad wrote:Papa Smurf I have respect for you, always have but comparing general memories to Temple memories is foolish and you know it. Simply because life is full of lost memories doesn't mean that you expect or condone it when those memories are forcibly ripped away. I have no problems moving past, but I am well within my rights as a human being to be upset by this. I spent a lot of time there and I never expected the entire temple to be deleted. Whatever you do, do not patronize us by telling us that we should lead by example or that we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya because Clarkey made a boo-boo and if we all work together all this anger will go away. No it won't go away if the community pities the spammers, we look after our own as we always have, without interference from the general-goers who think they are somehow superior to the spammers. It quite frankly is a travesty that you are so misguided that you actually cannot fathom our anger and try to trivialize it by going on and on about how life is all about moving past. Spammers move past everything, they have experienced nukings which for most of the spammers means the threads are gone (moved to the temple dump which was also deleted by Clarkey) but they always could request a specific thread back and almost always this was acceptable and the thread was moved back, but here that cannot happen. You seem to believe that most of us should just accept his faults and be happy go-lucky about it. Quite frankly I refuse, I would rather let it be known that I unequivocally stand against any act of this kind. The Temple means more to us than you as a non-spammer will ever realize apparently. Yes I will get over it but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to post my feelings on the subject as a regular user.

None of what I am doing is done as a mod nor is it condoned as the mod teams opinion, you all seem to forget that us mods do have our own opinions and are mature enough to handle being angry about one thing but not letting it effect our so called jobs as moderators. Please Papa-Smurf avoid trying to patronize me in the future because its condescending and I absolutely cannot stand when people try to make themselves my better by advising me to just let it pass and be all acquiescent to the users around me.

as mordack so well said, being against an action is well with in your rights, being angry , sure, but the general bad behavior and childlessness of so many is leaving a group of us user "speechless" as some one said to me in a pm just moments ago. spammers, war mongers, general idiots of these boards all agree, it sucked for u guys...sorry it happen. But displaying bad manners and such hate, well, it kinda immature (but i am old, and have weather many a sorry state). If u take it as condescending and that i am advising u , well, maybe a bit i am. A greater man than me once told me "take the high road in all things, cause once u have the high ground, all below are easy targets" ;)
Easy^ Rocks
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

I don't believe I have done anything childish or immature with the sole exception of telling Clarkey to **Filtered** off which was quite frankly a planned good bye on my part because it quite simply got my point across without having to say I disapprove of you and your entire forum persona, and it is about time you left
Spoiler

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”