Ombudsman Case Archives
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Warning

Solus wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=207&p=1963753#p1963753 .

"atleast it doesn't have a coc k any more"

Filter evasion. rule 5b.

viewtopic.php?f=207&t=157612

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
http://images.google.co.za/images?hl=en ... 2&aq=f&oq=

The word only has 2 vulgar meanings...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/**Filtered**
[spoiler]cock1 [kok] Show IPA
Use **Filtered** in a Sentence
–noun 1. a male chicken; rooster.
2. the male of any bird, esp. of the gallinaceous kind.
3. Also called stopcock. a hand-operated valve or faucet, esp. one opened or closed by rotating a cylindrical or tapered plug having part of the passage pierced through it from side to side.
4. (in a firearm) a. the part of the lock that, by its fall or action, causes the discharge; hammer.
b. the position into which the **Filtered**, or hammer, is brought by being drawn partly or completely back, preparatory to firing.

5. Slang: Vulgar. a. penis.
b. sexual relations with a man.

6. a weathercock.
7. aleader; chief person.
8. Chiefly British Informal. pal; chum.
9. British Slang. nonsense.
10. Horology. a bracketlike plate holding bearings, supported at one end only. Compare bridge 1 (def. 17).
11. Archaic. the time of the crowing of the **Filtered**; early in the morning; cockcrow.[/spoiler]

now please remove that warning
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Re: Warning

to say male chicken...faggot is not filtered??

fag⋅got2 [fag-uht] Show IPA
–noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a male homosexual.

Origin:
1910–15, Americanism; cf. faggot a contemptuous term for a woman (from ca. 1590), perh. the same word as fagot
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

hey pimping D

i'm afraid to tell you but earandil is right. the word **Filtered** is on the wordfilter. if you bypass the wordfilter like in this case writing coc k it is an act of filter eveasion. becausse if you take the time to split a 4 letter word we all know you are aware that it is a filtered word.

now the posting of a word that's on the wordfiltered in itself isn't a real crime cuz the word gets filtered out. but writing the word in such a way that it doesn't get filtered means that it is an act of masking.

masking on this forum is prohibited and will be sanctioned with a warning point. in some cases the moderator can choose to give a verbal warning but that is up to the moderator. if the moderator gives a forum warning for it then i'm afraid there is nothing you can do against it
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Pimping D wrote:to say male chicken...faggot is not filtered??

fag⋅got2 [fag-uht] Show IPA
–noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a male homosexual.

Origin:
1910–15, Americanism; cf. faggot a contemptuous term for a woman (from ca. 1590), perh. the same word as fagot

it should be on the wordfilter, i will bring that to the admins atention. do note that the wordfilter is constantly being updated with new words since you can hardly expect the forum staff to know and remember all offencive words that should be fitered
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

zeekomkommer wrote:
masking on this forum is prohibited and will be sanctioned with a warning point. in some cases the moderator can choose to give a verbal warning but that is up to the moderator. if the moderator gives a forum warning for it then i'm afraid there is nothing you can do against it

I would like to point out again, that the part in bold is NOT true. In any cases of masking a warning IS to be given.

Also, I would like to ask the ombudsman again not to mislead users by posting false information about the rules or their enforcement.

Thank you.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:

I would like to point out again, that the part in bold is NOT true. In any cases of masking a warning IS to be given.

Also, I would like to ask the ombudsman again not to mislead users by posting false information about the rules or their enforcement.

Thank you.

You are correct there, Deni... It was discussed, and decided that the rule would remain on full warning for masking... So complaints that a full warning was given instead of a verbal, have no backing in the rules.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
Race: Lulz
ID: 69040

Don't worry pimp, its all unfair, i got a warning for masking when the word i was apprently masking was not even on the word filter :roll:

But tbh, even if something has a different meaning, its derogatory meaning is still being interpreted, so i would think the warning would be just.

lulz?
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

To be honest, Yes, I do tend to be a little lax on filter evasion, I admit I should be tougher. in your case PD, you do tend to evade filters relatively frequently, I have edited several of your posts over time. enough is enough.

and TT, take it back elsewhere, your case was clearcut. even in your ombudsman post, the word in question was filtered.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Solus wrote:in your case PD, you do tend to evade filters relatively frequently
just checking the mods do still work

but if i wrote **Filtered** like that it would open a wider range of thinking what was on their kit. **filtered** is a place holder for many words so then **Filtered** could mean a crap load of things

i meant **Filtered** as in male chicken. and i am not argueing the fact that i got no verbal warning. to be honest verbal warnings shouldnt exist. if you do something wrong you should be punished not told not to do it again

and yes zeek the filters need updates . and i am sure any admin may do that

but my case is i dont believe i deserve the point because in context coc k didnt mean what the vulgar meaning means
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

There are other words for the male hen ... rooster for example

If you were worried that **Filtered** would be misinterpreted, then you could have chosen a synonym.

In my personal opinion many of the words currently on the filter should not be there. If they have ambigious meanings, then it is the moderators job to decide if they were used in a vulgar way or not.

Anyways, as long as a word is on the filter, then any attempt at bypassing said filter is to be warned.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

ok then i guess this case can be closed

but i like deni's point
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Case closed, thread locked
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Ah, MCJ, you forgot to click the lock button.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

*locked*
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Case Archives”