For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Will Brazil be in the world cup 2010?

Heres the artical published in the sun

[spoiler]Image BRUNO CAZARINE CONSTANTINO. Remember the name as he may become as infamous as Jean-Marc Bosman.
Cazarine, you see, is the reason Brazil could be banned from playing in next summer's World Cup finals.

That's right, Brazil, the world's favourite football team, could be kicked out of South Africa 2010.

A tournament without them may be unthinkable but a legal case brought against the Brazilian FA (CBF) by one of the smallest clubs under its jurisdiction is threatening exactly that.

And at the centre of the whole affair is the unlikely figure of Cazarine, 26, who could be about to become public enemy No 1.

Cazarine is an unlikely villain in such a major drama, especially one of the scale which has unfolded in Brazil in the past two months.

He's a journeyman player - a very average midfielder who has bounced around nine clubs in the last six years.

It's his last three, however, which have put FIFA at odds with the CBF and could yet carry the ultimate sanction for the Brazil national team.

The row revolves around the outcome of the Brazilian Serie B - and the final placing of two teams.

Guarani, for whom Cazarine plays, came second and were promoted, while Portuguesa finished fifth, meaning they missed going up by one place.

Portuguesa then filed an official complaint against Guarani to the CBF on the basis that Cazarine has played for three different clubs in the same season.

In doing so, he was in clear violation of the FIFA Players' Status rules - Article 5, Paragraph 3.

Both Guarani and the CBF brushed off the protest as insignificant and cited exceptional circumstances.

The player left Brazil's AC Chapecoense on May 10 this year to sign for South Korea's Gyeongnam FC, where he played until joining Guarani on July 13.

Guarani argued he was exempt because FIFA rules allow a player to have three clubs in a season if one club's championship competition is not on the same calendar as his new club.

The excuse was flimsy at best as the K League ran from March to December, while Brazil's season ran from May to December.

Yet, amazingly, the CBF still accepted this explanation.

Portuguesa appointed the highly-respected legal team to take the case to FIFA.

SunSport has acquired copies of the documents sent on Portuguesa's behalf to FIFA, citing the CBF and Guarani's transgression.

We also have the acknowledgement of the citation by FIFA's legal director Marco Villiger and the deputy head of the Players' Status Committee, Daniel Pose.

A meeting is scheduled for January 5. FIFA will decide how the case should proceed.

Paulo Teixeira, who is leading Portuguesa's case, also has proof that the CBF failed in their responsibility as the association in charge of the clubs to punish Guarani.

In doing so, what should have been a local spat between clubs the size of Grimsby and Rotherham has become an issue which could rock soccer to its very core.

Since the complaint is now very much against the CBF as well as Guarani and has been passed to FIFA, it's the world body which must now act by applying its own law.

And that law states that any member association which fails to punish correctly a club which breaks FIFA rules will have its national team suspended from playing in the next official tournament.

Now the cynical among you (me included) will no doubt argue there's no way Sepp Blatter and Co will allow the greatest show on earth to go on without its biggest star.

Surely they'll find some loophole to ensure Brazil take their place in the Group of Death alongside Portugal, Ivory Coast and North Korea.

Maybe. But with a presidential election at FIFA in which Blatter is hoping to win a fourth term, can anyone be seen to so blatantly flout their own rules?

Make no mistake, Portuguesa mean business and will not go away quietly.

Of course it would be a shame for football fans if Brazil were absent.

Yet one team's loss is normally another's gain, and should FIFA replace Brazil, at least they have a country with a strong claim to be there next summer.

Maybe the luck of the Irish is about to change?[/spoiler]

so will we see another failure to abide by the rules by FIFA?
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Re: Will Brazil be in the world cup 2010?

as an irish man, i read that and about half way down i was spilt, sure it would be bad to see brazil leave, one can always dream. although, france are still in the world cup, undoubtedly brazil will also be there.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

yeah i was gutted when Ireland went out i hit the roof literally with a bar stall lol at that hand ball

but this time the president is up for the vote so will be interesting to see if he enforces their rules

but as it says there will be a loop hole somwhere

im 80% sure he'll keep brazil in but the other 20% knows it won't be Ireland that gets in it'll be the next South American team due to the ruling of how many teams from each continant
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

All this for that?

That'd be silly to ban Brazil for that!
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

there are rules and the rules should be enforced if it was any other country outside the big 4 it would hype up massivly outside the regular 8 then it would be auto ban
Cole
Forum History
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

The Cardinal wrote:there are rules and the rules should be enforced if it was any other country outside the big 4 it would hype up massivly outside the regular 8 then it would be auto ban

Yes indeed but seriously they should unselect this player from the team...
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

he's not in the brazilian team though lol

brazil should start on minus 3 points

well i think fifa is gone to pot what ever happened to the "fair play"

personally i would have made france re-play ireland although i think france would have won

and brazil would be put out due to it being one of the CBF teams that forwarded it - thats why i think fifa will dis-miss it due to a club wanting to punish the CBF

anyway personally i think footbal isn't a sport anymore just a business
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

The Cardinal wrote:anyway personally i think footbal isn't a sport anymore just a business

That's why only national teams matches really matter to me now.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Q Man
blarney stone

nah, local footy is the best.

thats where the real love of the sport lies.

standing in a crowd of 3,000 on a freezing cold night? perfect.
[/size]
ImageImage
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

Maddog wrote:nah, local footy is the best.

thats where the real love of the sport lies.

standing in a crowd of 3,000 on a freezing cold night? perfect.

yep lol i love watching my local team play and the guy that owns it pays half out his own pocket too very good lad hopefully we will get to division 2 this year
Q Man
blarney stone

my local team got promoted last season to the premier division. then came fifth. quality stuff. going for a europe spot next season.
[/size]
ImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Local football doesn't really interest me..
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Jim, don´t be silly, local football might not interest you, but the consequences of Brazilian stupidity make this particular 'local player' (not so much local, because he played in Korea too) quite relevant.

Would laugh so hard if Brazil would be kicked.
Go Ireland, take your rightful place, and kick those French out of the WC.
Now THAT would be sweet justice.. :lol:
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Local football doesn't interest me because it's not on tv. :P

And you know there are concerned people here not only from "one side"... :-"
"Sweet justice" in the world cup, what I think about it...**Filtered** this **Filtered** and go Henry skilled players ftw! 8)
And France to the finals versus Spain. (well if both teams remain long enough to meet each others) :-D
Looking to see Brazil doing good like usual. No bannings. :)

Got to love the fact Henry is reputed to not be another Materazzi (the cheater) or C. Ronaldo (the bragger) and did a pretty career so far, and one mistake and it's all like he's worst kind of scum ever seen for millions of people.
That's the other reason I tend to dislike nowadays football. Gossip whinning bs into sport.
What a wonderful mentality football world has! :roll:

At least it did one good thing, it revealed & strenghtend the true supporters faith into the team and its class A players. Now I doubt it would do same for Brazil given it's different circumstances and kind of player.
Spoiler

Spoiler
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

i can see why people call for france to be kicked, but what has brazil done wrong, maybe sanction the player and the club at fault, but why should a national squad be punished for something that happened in a lower division of a league where most of the national team dont even play.

Return to “Sports Section”