Unfair modding part 2

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Unfair modding part 2

zeekomkommer wrote:to ad:

JT, if you can come with clear examples that prove what you claim then you can bring this to the ombudsman office and then me and jim will bring it up with the admins. (or you can take it to the admins yourself)

but i do sugest you talk with the moderators in question first to settle things :)

You are joking right?

You mean like with the my thread vs Korruption thread. How my thread had exactly the same information in it Korruptions did at the point of mod interest, his was left open and cleaned of spam.. mine was not cleaned and instead locked, directly baiting me into re-modding another mod and getting in trouble?

Yet when this point was made the only thing someone could say was "Semper's opening post was different" and... well.. that's about it.

How about now I have had chance to talk to the admins about why I was fired in such a crappy way and thay say it's because in the first three weeks I was a mod I didn't get a long with everyone, yet there are multiple mods who have done exactly the same as me and be let off the hook (I can get proof of one bullying, one re-modding, one causing trouble, things I did do but no where near to the degree these others did). Then when I pointed this out to the admins the last point that was made to me as their fall back reason for my sacking was "because we can".

I am a bad guy, and I can be unfair... but I am not head of the forums nor in any official position and I would never act like them if I was.

Bottom line, they tried to be good again but the forum team stinks again from the mods through to the admins and there needs to be a change.

Some mods have been around too long and some are in positions they shouldn't have because they're rubbish... for examples.... Earendil and Zeratul as admins, Solus as GM - he's directly ignoring Clarkey's issues and the admins are ok with it. Seriously, there is a topic in the mod section about it and it's all there. Deni as GM - she's bullied a member of the forum staff as well as openly been aggressor against the admins but she's been let off. Tetrismonkey, his hearts in the right place... but he was recently suspended for what? ;)

Some mods don't post in the mod section, I spoke to some of them and some of them say it's because they don't want to get involved in all the others attitudes.

I rest my case to be honest. I only hope that the big J comes here and see's it all and kicks those of you who need it out onto your ass because if the forum users cannot go to the forum admins, which atm they cannot, it'l quickly become Jasons problem.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

semper, your case was debated by the admins before and i consulted earandil before desciding what to do with your case. we descided it was not an ombudsman case since it was a mod-mod dispute (the warning)
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote: Deni as GM - she's bullied a member of the forum staff as well as openly been aggressor against the admins but she's been let off.

Thank you. I take that as a compliment. I was always critical to any admin decision and have spoken my mind on the mod forums even if I had to take the unpopular stance. But I have always prefered it that way instead of kissing asses just to get easy and fast promotions or a position without the proper qualification.

Would you enlighten us who I did bully? You?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
killtacular
Forum Addict

Semper wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:to ad:

JT, if you can come with clear examples that prove what you claim then you can bring this to the ombudsman office and then me and jim will bring it up with the admins. (or you can take it to the admins yourself)

but i do sugest you talk with the moderators in question first to settle things :)

You are joking right?

You mean like with the my thread vs Korruption thread. How my thread had exactly the same information in it Korruptions did at the point of mod interest, his was left open and cleaned of spam.. mine was not cleaned and instead locked, directly baiting me into re-modding another mod and getting in trouble?

Yet when this point was made the only thing someone could say was "Semper's opening post was different" and... well.. that's about it.

How about now I have had chance to talk to the admins about why I was fired in such a crappy way and thay say it's because in the first three weeks I was a mod I didn't get a long with everyone, yet there are multiple mods who have done exactly the same as me and be let off the hook (I can get proof of one bullying, one re-modding, one causing trouble, things I did do but no where near to the degree these others did). Then when I pointed this out to the admins the last point that was made to me as their fall back reason for my sacking was "because we can".

I am a bad guy, and I can be unfair... but I am not head of the forums nor in any official position and I would never act like them if I was.

Bottom line, they tried to be good again but the forum team stinks again from the mods through to the admins and there needs to be a change.

Some mods have been around too long and some are in positions they shouldn't have because they're rubbish... for examples.... Eärendil and Zeratul as admins, Solus as GM - he's directly ignoring Clarkey's issues and the admins are ok with it. Seriously, there is a topic in the mod section about it and it's all there. Deni as GM - she's bullied a member of the forum staff as well as openly been aggressor against the admins but she's been let off. Tetrismonkey, his hearts in the right place... but he was recently suspended for what? ;)

Some mods don't post in the mod section, I spoke to some of them and some of them say it's because they don't want to get involved in all the others attitudes.

I rest my case to be honest. I only hope that the big J comes here and see's it all and kicks those of you who need it out onto your ass because if the forum users cannot go to the forum admins, which atm they cannot, it'l quickly become Jasons problem.

I also have been told because we can and I also have gotten the response SO?.. both have been by admins.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Jedi~Tank wrote:Some mods issue warnings and such to players they dont like..not all mods, some are actually good, but some do so as I said and let others slide that they do like. And who warns the mods? Who repremands the mewer ones/ the blue ones?

OK so if mods cannot be fair across the board, then maybe they shouldnt be. OK Im not a mod hater but I do not care for unfariness. I dont like being victim of it and I dont like seeing others abused or bullied on these forums by a moderator.

Couldn't agree with you more, Mods are people and dispite good intentions by some, all are inherently bias, some subconsciously, and some more blatant and purposeful.

Trouble is there is no-one without bias ( ie with no connection to the game or any of it's players ) who would do the job, the ombudsman's position is a joke, and the admins dont have the time to monitor everything.

If anyone has a solution please post it

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

MEZZANINE wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Some mods issue warnings and such to players they dont like..not all mods, some are actually good, but some do so as I said and let others slide that they do like. And who warns the mods? Who repremands the mewer ones/ the blue ones?

OK so if mods cannot be fair across the board, then maybe they shouldnt be. OK Im not a mod hater but I do not care for unfariness. I dont like being victim of it and I dont like seeing others abused or bullied on these forums by a moderator.
Couldn't agree with you more, Mods are people and dispite good intentions by some, all are inherently bias, some subconsciously, and some more blatant and purposeful.

Trouble is there is no-one without bias ( ie with no connection to the game or any of it's players ) who would do the job, the ombudsman's position is a joke, and the admins dont have the time to monitor everything.

If anyone has a solution please post it
Quick question. Is there a good reason you necromanced this months old thread?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

I just noticed myself. NO

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”