so what happens when you get a third warning?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

so what happens when you get a third warning?

ill tell you what happens

you get banned, you cant log in. you cant contact any of the mods, because you cant access their profile while not logged in. You cant apeal the ban because you simply dont have access to the mods or the ombudsman. you make another account, and you will get perm banned for evading the ban.

now there are two possibilities,

one, your warning was ligit, and you deserved it

or

two, you warning was not legit, and you did not deserve it, in which cause you are still banned for 2 weeks.. there is no way to do anything about it for 2 weeks.

how is this remotely logical in any way?
seems like a bad idea from the start,
i previously asked the mods email to be placed on a thread that is stikied, but they cry about privacy.

i want to know what one can do in this situation.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: so what happens when you get a third warning?

MSN

Friends

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

Well a few things id think of/ have seen done:

1. Come on the forums without logging in and find any mods MSNs (i couldnt tell you where specifically but i know ive seen them on here)

2. Have a friend post on your behalf.

3. you can send an ingame message from your account.

or 4. (and this is my favorite) dont break forum rules and get banned.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sarajevo wrote:MSN

Friends
*cough*assassinx*cough*
I kid, of course.

Sara mentioned some perfectly fine options you have left. If you're really desparate, save the email addresses of the team while you're not banned, and email them when you are. (Or just the Oms)
Empy
Derper

Offensive Bias wrote:

Friends
*cough*assassinx*cough*
I kid, of course.
I knew someone was gonna say that :lol:

Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Just something i'd like to point out here.

Firstly AssAsinX contacted me on MSN pointing out the fact that if someone's banned they have no way of contacting admins or the ombudsman to argue their case. Even though he was talking to me about it. :roll:

Now people that generally get banned on forums are people that have been on forums for a while whether under a secret username or not. Mainly because they have to generate 3 warnings before a ban is issued. So I doubt there is ANYONE that has been banned in the past that has not a single contact to get a message across.
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

May i suggest an alternate solution. Considering people seem to be crying over the fact that they get banned.

When banning someone from the forums, let's change it a little. They are banned from all sections besides Ombudsman section. This then provides them with their voice if they feel the need to object to their warning/banning.

It's easily done, and it's not a hassle. Not sure if GM's would be able to do this though, but it gives banned people their voice.

because if we go and create a thread of contacts specific for forum staff you will still get people complaining they have no voice and no way of contact and they shouldn't be expected to go through forums looking for contacts.

And may i point out again the only person that is actually brining this up as an issue. :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

whether to reveal email/msn publically is a personal choice... we ourselves prefer to not do this... so we do not...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
renegadze
Forum Elite

maybe a sensible thing to do would be as suggested earlier.....not get warned! but failing that, once you've been warned twice, it should really act as an warning to start gathering such information.

Plus it only cuts your forum access....you still know who the ombudsman is, send a pm ingame, asking them to add you to msn (then they have the choice to disclose the information).
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper

Revealing the E-Mail you use to sign up to many things means all those things (like Gatewars) can be hacked via password recovery and hacking the email. This alone is a very good reason not to make your E-mail (or MSN if it's the same thing) public knowledge to anyone who can access your profile. Just saying...

Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

muffafuffin wrote:or 4. (and this is my favorite) dont break forum rules and get banned.

renegadze wrote:maybe a sensible thing to do would be as suggested earlier.....not get warned! but failing that, once you've been warned twice, it should really act as an warning to start gathering such information.

You both seem to over look the instance where someone may feel that were unfairly banned or warned which resulted in immediate banning.

You also over look the fact that when you receive your 3rd warning you get banned immediately in most cases and therefore if you are not on at the time you are unable to read the PM from the warning and can't confirm what you warning/ban was for.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Or just make a thread in the ombudsman or announcement section with the msn's of the admins and ombudsmans. Do this and you won't get threads like this. Stop making life diffiult for everyone and just do it.

Don't be so naive of course there would still be threads like this otherwise you'd be expecting people to look for the thread in the right places, which knowing this place would be a expecting too much.

But i have a great idea, this is an amazing idea which will provide a contact for anyone banned who would like to voice their opinion, it also means those Admins and Mods that would rather not display their MSNs for everyone to use, and seeing as Tetrismonkey thinks the forum administration are making life difficult for everyone by not doing what he says, this will provide support for the banned peeps.

I urge Bazsy to implement this as I don't see any objection that tetrismonkey could have.

Idea: When people get banned and try to log in, they get a message informing them of their ban, right. It says about contacting the administration blahdy blah. Well why don't you edit the message, easily done, and place a contact MSN address in that message for those banned to use. That contact MSN address being Tetrismonkey. He can then make life less difficult for those banned. This means those that prefer not to display their MSN address's don't have to.

it also means that those that are banned don't have to go around the forums looking for a silly thread. Because the contact information is right there in front of them when trying to log in.

Any objections?
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
muffafuffin wrote:or 4. (and this is my favorite) dont break forum rules and get banned.

renegadze wrote:maybe a sensible thing to do would be as suggested earlier.....not get warned! but failing that, once you've been warned twice, it should really act as an warning to start gathering such information.

You both seem to over look the instance where someone may feel that were unfairly banned or warned which resulted in immediate banning.

You also over look the fact that when you receive your 3rd warning you get banned immediately in most cases and therefore if you are not on at the time you are unable to read the PM from the warning and can't confirm what you warning/ban was for.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Or just make a thread in the ombudsman or announcement section with the msn's of the admins and ombudsmans. Do this and you won't get threads like this. Stop making life diffiult for everyone and just do it.

Don't be so naive of course there would still be threads like this otherwise you'd be expecting people to look for the thread in the right places, which knowing this place would be a expecting too much.

But i have a great idea, this is an amazing idea which will provide a contact for anyone banned who would like to voice their opinion, it also means those Admins and Mods that would rather not display their MSNs for everyone to use, and seeing as Tetrismonkey thinks the forum administration are making life difficult for everyone by not doing what he says, this will provide support for the banned peeps.

I urge Bazsy to implement this as I don't see any objection that tetrismonkey could have.

Idea: When people get banned and try to log in, they get a message informing them of their ban, right. It says about contacting the administration blahdy blah. Well why don't you edit the message, easily done, and place a contact MSN address in that message for those banned to use. That contact MSN address being Tetrismonkey. He can then make life less difficult for those banned. This means those that prefer not to display their MSN address's don't have to.

it also means that those that are banned don't have to go around the forums looking for a silly thread. Because the contact information is right there in front of them when trying to log in.

Any objections?

Honestly, its a sound idea, however, it still defeats the purpose of being banned if you can post. Then again, if it helps aliviate problems such as these, why not? We should always be striving to find ways to improve the forums and the systems in place. There is no 1 right way to do something.

I think you need to re-read my previous suggestion.
Image ImageImageImage
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Friends

i already pointed out this, but Mods cry about posting their msn on the forums. they cry about privacy. ive made a post to get mods to give out their msn or dont give warnings

also ive said this reason on my post before, so read it properly

so i do believe msn is the perfect way, but for that the mods must agree to post their msn out there. and i mean out there so that the banned person gets it. so that he doesnt have to go around looking for it.

this is excatly what i wanted, but when i asked for it. the mods said that "they dont have to give their msn out if they dont want to"
they cried about it "violating their privacy"
i say thats total BS, i say if you want to ban someone, then give them ur email so they can talk to you about that ban.
therefore no email = no mod.

i agree with clarkey though, maybe ban from the whole thing except for the ombudsman section is a good idea.

or

another idea can be, when someone thats banned tries to log in. they get a msg ( a pop up or something) saying why they got banned, and saying who to contact (email of that mod, and his superior, and the ombudsman)

but i do believe a ban from everything except for the ombudsman section is a good idea, that way there is no issue of "the ombudsman wasnt comming online" or "the mods blocked me" or somehting like that..

srsly it shouldnt be that hard to bring that idea in.
but id say that if we do this, then the ombudsman's job gets very hard, because EVERYone will be complaining..

and the downside to using msn is that NOT EVERYONE uses msn. (but most do)

or

so therefore the best solution ever is to email the user a msg, and tell them why they were banned, and who they can contact (email)

whoever gives the warning, sends the msg

this should be a requirment, a warning = an email sent, NOT a PM

the above stated solution should be really easy to implement. just have each mod send out emails when they send out warnings. Thats the least they can do.

Am I a Good trader??
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

i already tried and i guarantee if youd put even a small bit of effort forth you could have found atleast 2 Msns while browsing the forum and logged out mode (tried it simply because of this thread and it only took a little bit). one of them which is mine in a few different places even. and i gave you the third warning.

However i do like Clarkeys idea as it will be a simple solution me thinks.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

muffafuffin wrote:i already tried and i guarantee if youd put even a small bit of effort forth you could have found atleast 2 Msns while browsing the forum and logged out mode (tried it simply because of this thread and it only took a little bit). one of them which is mine in a few different places even. and i gave you the third warning.

However i do like Clarkeys idea as it will be a simple solution me thinks.

I can find it, you can find it. doesn't mean everyone can find it.

this is supposed to be talk to the mods directly. I wanna know what the mods think and when something can be implemented to fix this issue.

Am I a Good trader??

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”