Definition of Double Post and Spam

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Definition of Double Post and Spam

Zeratul wrote:that depends on the situation...

usually, its not warnable... but at times, it can be... especially if used in excess...

there are tools usable for occasions where it clutters things up...

Take this for example.
viewtopic.php?f=124&t=160849&start=15

First double post was an hour a part.
Second double post was a few minutes apart, but both are on topic of the thread.

The verbal warning stated "Repeated doubleposting will be handled as spam".
This shows that the context of the thread or posts will not be taken in to consideration, and that purely based on the fact that it is a double post that it will be handled as spam.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

This thread is further evidence that bachelors' wives and maidens' children are well taught.

:roll:
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Offensive Bias wrote:This thread is further evidence that bachelors' wives and maidens' children are well taught.

Please don't spam the thread with dribble.

i clearly just pointed out an example of where a member of staff has double posted in 5 minutes where they could easily have edited their last post.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Clarkey wrote:
Offensive Bias wrote:This thread is further evidence that bachelors' wives and maidens' children are well taught.

i clearly just pointed out an example of where a member of staff has double posted in 5 minutes where they could easily have edited their last post.
He's the Ombudsman and not a Moderator so I think the point you're trying to make with him being a "member of the staff" is void.

Nowhere in the rules does it say Double Posting is against said rules, unless I am not reading them correctly. As such, I would hope NO ONE EVER gets warned for doing it, since how can they know not to? If a Moderator told me to not doing something that wasn't prohibited in the rules, I would keep doing it...

If an Administrator or someone else is interpreting something it the part of the rules regarding Spam as prohibiting Double Posting then the rules should be amended to more clearly state that.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Sarajevo wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

He's the Ombudsman and not a Moderator so I think the point you're trying to make with him being a "member of the staff" is void.

Nope not void.... Ombudsman is still a member of staff. Hence the reason I said member of staff and not Mod.

Sarajevo wrote:Nowhere in the rules does it say Double Posting is against said rules, unless I am not reading them correctly. As such, I would hope NO ONE EVER gets warned for doing it, since how can they know not to? If a Moderator told me to not doing something that wasn't prohibited in the rules, I would keep doing it...

If an Administrator or someone else is interpreting something it the part of the rules regarding Spam as prohibiting Double Posting then the rules should be amended to more clearly state that.

Agreed. =D>
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Clarkey wrote:
Sarajevo wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Nope not void.... Ombudsman is still a member of staff. Hence the reason I said member of staff and not Mod.
Well then it's a pointless reference, because he is a member of the staff who doesn't enforce the rules, so why does it matter?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

i once reported a TRIPPLE posting in a war thread

and the mods replied me

"clearly they were answering questions, some people dont know yow to use milti quote"
and they just let them go
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Sarajevo wrote:Well then it's a pointless reference, because he is a member of the staff who doesn't enforce the rules, so why does it matter?

So wait..... the ombudsman doesn't enforce the forum rules in the Ombudsman section? :smt017
Image ImageImageImage
knight
The Lulz

Clarkey, are you going to use all of this against us (the mods) or was there some other reason for this thread? :-k

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”