For the protection of our Forum Users! BAN THESE WORDS!

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
yofeehely
Forum Irregular
Race: Beer Lord
ID: 69853

For the protection of our Forum Users! BAN THESE WORDS!

Due to the recent banning of our alliance name I hereby wish to extend the proper and fair result which should follow such a banning... This is due to me opening my eyes and seeing the light or to put it more specifically I realised our alliance name was very offensive and am now an advocate for the good and protection of this FAIR AND UN-BIASED forum!

I Believe that if anyone finds the name of our alliance offensive then there are further steps which MUST be taken! I will not stand for having people offended on these forums.

According to URBANDICTIONARY.com our Alliance Name means(Keep in mind this site is rubbish and meant as a joke):
A derogatory term to describe someone of inferior intelligence, physical appearance, social skills or character

This is where I will start my war on words...

Given that our alliance name is offensive, I wish to protect those who are sensitive to words which are summed up within our alliance name...

The words which MUST be banned are:
(We must extend to It's fullest this banning of insulting words to ensure this never, ever! insults anyone again. This we must do, for the sake of these forums and It's community!!)

Inferior Intelligence (I think we’d agree that this means STUPID)
Stupid: brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, dummy*, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, laughable, loser*, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless

Next: Inferior Physical Appearance (Does Ugly Cover this?)
Ugly: animal, appalling, awful, bad-looking, beastly, deformed, disfigured, foul, frightful, grisly, gross, grotesque, hard-featured, hideous, homely, horrid, ill-favored, loathsome, misshapen, monstrous, not much to look at, plain, repelling, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, unbeautiful, uncomely, uninviting, unlovely, unprepossessing, unseemly, unsightly

Next: Inferior Social Skills (Unsociable?)
Unsociable: aloof, antagonistic, brooding, cold, cool, distant, easy-going, hostile, inaccessible, inhospitable, introverted, laid-back*, nongregarious, recessive, reclusive, reserved, retiring, secretive, sensitive, shy, standoffish, stuck-up, timid, unapproachable, unbending, uncommunicative, uncongenial, unforthcoming, unneighborly, unsocial, uppity, withdrawn

Next: Inferior Character (Loser?)
Loser: also-ran, deadbeat, defeated, disadvantaged, down-and-outer, dud, failure, flop, flunkee, has-been, underdog, underprivileged

Now this list will obviously need adding to as I have yet to make time to extend this even further and list the Synonyms for the above Synonyms listed which are different ways of saying the meaning of our previously VERY INSULTING alliance name...

Make no mistake I will win this war on Words!

PLEASE BAN THE ABOVE WORDS IMMEDIATELY!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: For the protection of our Forum Users! BAN THESE WORDS!

Being less demanding would help in this time. You COULD HAVE talked to Juliette to have the old topic unlocked, and continue the discussion about the most recent addition to the word filter there. Personally I agree with you on that subject, I don't think the word that was added should have been... If my opinion as a user/person matters.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

well though this might seem crazy i have to side with luke on this one, his logic makes sense :lol:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I AGREE DOWN WITH THE BAD WORDS!!!! AND CHANGE THE STUPID LEFT TO R IGHT THING BACK!

AND NOOB IT OFFENDS ME!!!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

What was your alliance name? :)

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

Sarajevo wrote:Being less demanding would help in this time. You COULD HAVE talked to Juliette to have the old topic unlocked, and continue the discussion about the most recent addition to the word filter there. Personally I agree with you on that subject, I don't think the word that was added should have been... If my opinion as a user/person matters.

I am sorry but Juliette single handedly got our name ban past the other admins/mods... You think I personally would have had a chance in resolving this stupid matter?
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

yofeehely wrote:
Sarajevo wrote:Being less demanding would help in this time. You COULD HAVE talked to Juliette to have the old topic unlocked, and continue the discussion about the most recent addition to the word filter there. Personally I agree with you on that subject, I don't think the word that was added should have been... If my opinion as a user/person matters.

I am sorry but Juliette single handedly got our name ban past the other admins/mods... You think I personally would have had a chance in resolving this stupid matter?
I think if you PM'd her and asked for the topic to be unlocked the chances are it would have been. The only way your going to be able to continue a civilized debate about it being removed is getting that topic open...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

HippyFool wrote:What was your alliance name? :)

I cant say as ill be banned or warned again but if you go to our website you can see for yourself

http://fignuts.niceboard.net/forum.htm
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

Oh sorry I cant even post our web address...

So there is a FIG tree...

And there a almond NUTS

**Hint join the CAPS words**
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

OMG you can't even post your address, now thats just silly XD Jesum, lol seriously i think that word is less offending then Noob, and i don't even find that word that bad, this place is getting silly...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

I am merely looking after the best interest of others. As you all were with our VERY INSULTING alliance name... I agree It's terrible... :smt078

Now can we please get these words banned so I can move onto my next lot of words which in my opinion are alot worse than the ones above.

Sorry to the person/s that look after the filter but you will be quite busy.

Again, Thanking the mods for there usual un-biased and un-corrupt opinions! NO SERIOUSLY I AM! :-"
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I do not think that sarcasm will help you in pursuing your goal.

Be constructive, calm and lay out your reasoning in a civilized manner you might be heard.

@Tetris: do I need to point you out to a certain forum section you have access to?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

No offense Deni but I am 100% Serious about this!

If our Alliance name is offensive to others then I also want the words which are within the meaning of our name also banned! And also the Synonyms of those words...

It's only fair to our ultra-sensitive community that these harsh and rude words be stricken from use. How much more constructive can I be... I am helping the Mods do there jobs! I am researching all the bad words for them...

And I am perfectly calm thanks :)

What is not Civil about this?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Can't say I did not try ...

To show you the flaw in your logic: the f-word is used in its primary meaning to describe the act of copulating. "Making love" describes the very same act. Now tell me, does the f-word being a "bad" word lead to "making love" being just as bad?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the words you listed above have more than one meaning, depending on context... the alliance name has, to our knowledge, only a single meaning, and cannot in any normal context be used for anything except insult...

if you can lay out a reasonable and good reason for that word you have as alliance name that shows it does not mean what the definition we have seen says it is, as well as a proper backing, we shall consider taking it off the filter...

claiming that it is what grows on the fig tree (also known as ficus tree) is not a good reason... the product of that tree is a fruit, not a nut...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”