Ombudsman Case Archives
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Complaint - MODS

naughty nob wrote:
RoKeT wrote:
RoKeT wrote:Serious question here, how can things like

Damn, Ass and Homo be allowed then as those are all Swear words and or Derogitory terms...

good question rocket..

I got my Co's back!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RoKeT wrote:
naughty nob wrote:
RoKeT wrote:

Damn, Ass and Homo be allowed then as those are all Swear words and or Derogitory terms...
good question rocket..
I got my Co's back!
Glad to know you're not actually arguing a point, but only scoring points with your commander, beautifully mixing ingame with the forums. :) That's a hit.

So, you guys are now in favour of expanding the word filter with what, 100 extra words? 10.000? :D Good, talk to the Administration, ask them to fulfill your wishes. I'm sure they'll explain just why an infinite and immediate expansion of the filter is a bad idea.
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

well there are much worse un filiterd words out there i would post them but i have 1 warning left lol
Last edited by moses on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

If we filter everything, in a few months time all the posts would be the same...

"**Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** **Filtered** "

Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Uni DON'T BE LIKE THAT i hate when you do! I understand your dislike for the word, but Jesus Christ can't we atleast get rid of the the N word can we atleast filter that word before we filter words like fignuts watever the hell that is?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

well theres a short list that should be filtered and i dont know why they arent kind odd actually why they arent maby couse one mean ignorant dono boute the rest though
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

So at the mods and admins can i be told why we can say the N word without a filter?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
naughty nob
Forum Irregular
Alliance: FIGNUTS
ID: 0

Juliette wrote:
RoKeT wrote:
naughty nob wrote:
RoKeT wrote:

good question rocket..
I got my Co's back!
Glad to know you're not actually arguing a point, but only scoring points with your commander, beautifully mixing ingame with the forums. :) That's a hit.

So, you guys are now in favour of expanding the word filter with what, 100 extra words? 10.000? :D Good, talk to the Administration, ask them to fulfill your wishes. I'm sure they'll explain just why an infinite and immediate expansion of the filter is a bad idea.

its only fair to add those words to the filter .. those words are by far more hurtful than the word in question... so if ur all not bais yous shouldnt have a problem doin it then..

tho theres a better way to end this take the word in question off the filter its only offensive if used against somebody and it wasnt used against anybody

but i suppose common scene would be too easy...
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I cannot tell you if the mods are bais, as I have no clue what bais is.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

RoKeT wrote:So at the mods and admins can i be told why we can say the N word without a filter?

I actually agree there, if minor swear words such as the alliance name in question are filtered, then why proven rude words like the n word are not? It's not even like it's an unknown rude word, it's among most famous, whereas the alliance name 99% don't know its sense or would actually use it same way as the n word?
I can understand why this alliance name got filtered, however, considering this, I totally fail to understand why the n word isn't (not like it's unknown word like I said).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
naughty nob
Forum Irregular
Alliance: FIGNUTS
ID: 0

well done you, you spotted a typo.. bias is the word i meant as if you really didnt know that already..
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the most common "reward" for the use of such N word (if we understand correctly), in most common context, is a warning...

please, if you have other definitions for that word used in said alliance name, do come with them...

& naughty bob:
bias for whom and against whom?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

OMG i've gotten Support rofl, so here is another thing i must ask aswell... alot of words are not filtered because they can mean more then one thing but can be warned in the way you use them such as Ass... that word is not filtered as it can be used in different ways... Dike aswell... Now we know the most common usses for both of those but they have been chosen to not be filtered because they can be used differently... Why is it different with this alliance word i have seen that it can infact be used differently so why the exception for this word?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

naughty nob wrote:well done you, you spotted a typo.. bias is the word i meant as if you really didnt know that already..

Having an opinion different to yours is not bias.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Deni could you answer the question as of out of most of the mods i respect your opinion on the matter and i really do think that i have a good point...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”