Complaint - MODS

Ombudsman Case Archives
naughty nob
Forum Irregular
Alliance: FIGNUTS
ID: 0

Re: Complaint - MODS

Zeratul wrote:the most common "reward" for the use of such N word (if we understand correctly), in most common context, is a warning...

please, if you have other definitions for that word used in said alliance name, do come with them...

& naughty bob:
bias for whom and against whom?

read the 1st page yofeehely has answered that...
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:Deni could you answer the question as of out of most of the mods i respect your opinion on the matter and i really do think that i have a good point...

Your question has been already answered a few pages back:

Earendil wrote:
They may of been, and probably were just trying to be funny Kojak, but would that mean that calling your alliance **Filtered** (cat(s) ) be allowed?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
naughty nob
Forum Irregular
Alliance: FIGNUTS
ID: 0

so deni you really believe the word in question should be on the filter while the n word an other words like it are not...
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

naughty nob wrote:so deni you really believe the word in question should be on the filter while the n word an other words like it are not...

What I believe is totally irrelevant to the matter.

If it was only up to me, there would have been no filter at all.

But it is not me making the rules but the owner of this forum and the admins appointed by him, so whatever they decide I have to respect.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Zeratul wrote:the most common "reward" for the use of such N word (if we understand correctly), in most common context, is a warning...

please, if you have other definitions for that word used in said alliance name, do come with them...

& naughty bob:

Ah so it's for a "trap" that it's not filtered? Good then. :P
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Legendary Apophis wrote:

& naughty bob:
The thing with filtering stuff is that people won't learn. Either we filter, or we warn, simple thing. Not at all that difficult, I'd say? If we were to filter 'nigger', that means anyone can use it without persecution. If we don't, the swines who use it will receive a warning as soon as we notice. So the MOST offensive words are not filtered, in order to allow the full extent of the rules to smack down on the verbally challenged who'd use it.. less offensive, but rather prevalent words are on the filter. (And the most common expressions used during anger, including the 'Filthy Five'. Well known to fans of Howard Stern.)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Juliette wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

& naughty bob:
The thing with filtering stuff is that people won't learn. Either we filter, or we warn, simple thing. Not at all that difficult, I'd say? If we were to filter 'nigger', that means anyone can use it without persecution. If we don't, the swines who use it will receive a warning as soon as we notice. So the MOST offensive words are not filtered, in order to allow the full extent of the rules to smack down on the verbally challenged who'd use it.. less offensive, but rather prevalent words are on the filter. (And the most common expressions used during anger, including the 'Filthy Five'. Well known to fans of Howard Stern.)

Thanks for explaining and clarifying! :-)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

also I might add filtering is complex as the word nigger for instance (No disrespect intended using only for illustration purposes) could be used in the word Snigger, eg to snigger at someone, and if it was filtered it would read like s"*filtered*", or something along those lines.

U have to look at the wordthat is to be filtered and think of the consequenses.

Kojak.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

No it doesn't Kojak but good try ;)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Juliette wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

& naughty bob:

And i'm sorry Uni i disagree completely i'd rather here Filtered even if it was supposed to be an offensive word then even read you lot write the N word... truthfully i dislike that word alot... i have used it, to prove a point and that is it... it has no meanting to be here at all... get rid of it if your going to get rid of others... i don't care... it's wrong to have here... it is not the proper place... seriously this is a pg-13 area, and that word is beyond pg-13 hell it shouldn't even be in R i'm sorry but it needs to be changed...

(Sorry for the double post didn't mean to)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

theres also every other derogitory race related word out there that is not filterd [-X
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

kojak wrote:also I might add filtering is complex as the word nigger for instance (No disrespect intended using only for illustration purposes) could be used in the word Snigger, eg to snigger at someone, and if it was filtered it would read like s"*filtered*", or something along those lines.

U have to look at the wordthat is to be filtered and think of the consequenses.

Kojak.
It would read **Filtered**, and in the end, NewSpeak will be "**Filtered** /end of **Filtered**" (note how the word "post" is filtered because "Piece of **Filtered**" is offensive, and this is an acronym)..
RoKeT wrote:No it doesn't Kojak but good try ;)
Kojak does have the right idea though.
RoKeT wrote:
Juliette wrote: The thing with filtering stuff is that people won't learn. Either we filter, or we warn, simple thing. Not at all that difficult, I'd say? If we were to filter 'nigger', that means anyone can use it without persecution. If we don't, the swines who use it will receive a warning as soon as we notice. So the MOST offensive words are not filtered, in order to allow the full extent of the rules to smack down on the verbally challenged who'd use it.. less offensive, but rather prevalent words are on the filter. (And the most common expressions used during anger, including the 'Filthy Five'. Well known to fans of Howard Stern.)
And i'm sorry Uni i disagree completely i'd rather here Filtered even if it was supposed to be an offensive word then even read you lot write the N word... truthfully i dislike that word alot... i have used it, to prove a point and that is it... it has no meanting to be here at all... get rid of it if your going to get rid of others... i don't care... it's wrong to have here... it is not the proper place... seriously this is a pg-13 area, and that word is beyond pg-13 hell it shouldn't even be in R i'm sorry but it needs to be changed...
By extension, you would let murderers go free, because the act of murder is too horrible to mention? :? Seriously, I'm too tired to go and argue with you on this.. but it should be pretty obvious. Especially for you.
moses of romania wrote:theres also every other derogitory race related word out there that is not filterd [-X
Thank you, moses.. that has been said what, 10, 15 times in this thread alone? :?
moses
Forum Zombie

I am broken Record Moses today

Did ya know alot of Racist words are still yet to be filterd this makes it verry hard for me to sleep at night
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

moses of romania wrote:I am broken Record Moses today

Did ya know alot of Racist words are still yet to be filterd this makes it verry hard for me to sleep at night
Hey look, a brick wall. Why don't I try talking to it.
moses
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
moses of romania wrote:I am broken Record Moses today

Hey look, a brick wall. Why don't I try talking to it.

Doesnt talk back though i allready tried :cry: Oh fig **Filtered**
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”