Tired of being warned for this...

Ombudsman Case Archives
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Tired of being warned for this...

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=208&p=2065598#p2065598 .

Warning, Violation, Rule 5, C

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage.

It was confirmed the reasoning for this warning was for calling "uni" or w/e forum name she has now a "coma **Filtered**."

The last time this was brought to the ombuds corner it was ruled not against the forum rules so...

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

Re: Tired of being warned for this...

Mikgamer wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=208&p=2065598#p2065598 .

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage.

It was confirmed the reasoning for this warning was for calling "uni" or w/e forum name she has now a "coma **Filtered**."

The last time this was brought to the ombuds corner it was ruled not against the forum rules so...

i couldnt imagine calling somebody by a filtered word not being a warnable offense. being filtered its already deemed not ok for the forums so directing it at another forum member wouldnt be ok lol.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

It is a personal assault whether you think it is or not.

and i don't believe that even making that comment about someone else is any less offensive, which is why i gave you a warning for a second incident regarding that comment.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Mikgamer
Forum Regular

viewtopic.php?p=2066643#p2066643

if the mods here want me perma banned again just do it already...

yes i know i am acting childish and pushing the limits, so what? I also know that I should not have been warned for either of those posts ^^^

So either please remove all of my warnings or just perma me already.

a PM I got...note the bottom part...

Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=207&p=2066617#p2066617 .

Violation, Rule 5, C.

c. Abuse / Racism

I don't care if it's true, or even if the Ombudsman thinks it's ok. it's not.

Spoiler
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Double Face
Forum Regular
ID: 2147483647

Mikgamer wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:

c. Abuse / Racism

mikegamer wrote: "Juliette, do us all a favour and come back into your coma please?"
(screenshoot the post as I knew my report would have it moved to mod section)

That's what you wrote long with the title with "filtered" word.. Obviously a personal insult, I'm glad my report on you had an effect. :P

Anyway you seem to be banned for two weeks, don't know what was the delay between those warnings, but it's obvious you are pushing for warnings.
Which you seem to admit...
Mikgamer wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?p=2066643#p2066643

if the mods here want me perma banned again just do it already...

yes i know i am acting childish and pushing the limits, so what? I also know that I should not have been warned for either of those posts ^^^

So either please remove all of my warnings or just perma me already.

"So what?" You get warned for acting like this. If you don't want to be warned, I suppose you change your behavior...not that it's hard. You admit acting wrongly, deal with consequences of your acts... :-s
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

ppl have been warned for calling universe coma girl before since it is seen as a deliberate assault on her as a person for a mistake she once made in the past.

it can only be used in the right context meaning:

the context of the topic has to give a direct introduction to it so the remark itself isn't offtopic and isn't a 100% verbal assault. i could give a situation in wich it woudn't be concidered as an asault but i don't want to give ppl ideas
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mikgamer wrote:if the mods here want me perma banned again just do it already...

haha well deleting you didn't seem to knock any sense in to you, guess there's no helping some.

Face facts, you posted a DIRECT and PERSONAL attack on another member of this community. That is clearly in the rules. Not a single person on these forums can deny that what you posted is against the forum rules.

You may have had a case if you didn't direct the attack to anyone particular individual even though most would be able to guess who it was. But you chose to direct it at a specific person.

You have absolutely no grounds for a complaint. Stop crying, man up to what you did and serve your punishment. if you want a permaban then why did you bother coming back after i deleted your ass???

Grow up and move on.

P.S..... hi :smt006
Image ImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Clarkey wrote:
Mikgamer wrote:if the mods here want me perma banned again just do it already...

haha well deleting you didn't seem to knock any sense in to you, guess there's no helping some.

Face facts, you posted a DIRECT and PERSONAL attack on another member of this community. That is clearly in the rules. Not a single person on these forums can deny that what you posted is against the forum rules.

You may have had a case if you didn't direct the attack to anyone particular individual even though most would be able to guess who it was. But you chose to direct it at a specific person.

You have absolutely no grounds for a complaint. Stop crying, man up to what you did and serve your punishment. if you want a permaban then why did you bother coming back after i deleted your ass???

Grow up and move on.

Well said.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Mikgamer
Forum Regular

Clarkey wrote:

Grow up and move on.

Helloz to you too. :smt117

Spoiler
Mikgamer
Forum Regular

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:It is a personal assault whether you think it is or not.

and i don't believe that even making that comment about someone else is any less offensive, which is why i gave you a warning for a second incident regarding that comment.

viewtopic.php?f=237&t=152510&hilit=coma&start=15

zzzzz I can toss the word coma around at anyone I want zzzzz

*waits for the staff to be hypocrites like usual again*

Spoiler
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

i'm not sure whether I agree with the warning based on the reasons given, but Mikgamer is no stranger to this topic, and considering a topic now in a hidden dump from the temple, it seems he is intent on Trolling rather than insulting, using similar content to the post warned for. (if you need some references, Mr. Ombudsman(men), please PM me and I'd be happy to oblige.)

also apologies, Mordack/Jack if you feel my input is uneccessary.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Solus wrote:i'm not sure whether I agree with the warning based on the reasons given, but Mikgamer is no stranger to this topic, and considering a topic now in a hidden dump from the temple, it seems he is intent on Trolling rather than insulting, using similar content to the post warned for. (if you need some references, Mr. Ombudsman(men), please PM me and I'd be happy to oblige.)

also apologies, Mordack/Jack if you feel my input is uneccessary.

~soul

Your input is always welcome, Solus, although I tend to think that each case should be judged as a standalone.

I differ greatly from several of the staff, and established consensus, in that I don't think 'coma girl' should be a warnable offense. It isn't racist, or sexist, or bigoted. It refers to a famous forum episode in which a user made a mistake, and paid for it. As much as I like Juliette, and consider her a friend, I don't believe a single user should get such protectionist treatment. The rest of us still have the embarrassing things which we said or did thrown in our faces from time to time. Living with our errors, and their consequences, is a part of life.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:I differ greatly from several of the staff, and established consensus, in that I don't think 'coma girl' should be a warnable offense.
It's not about the specific word though is it... it's about the "intent" of the user that's saying it and how it is used in the sentence.

Mordack wrote:It isn't racist,
No it's not.

Mordack wrote:or sexist,
No it's not.

Mordack wrote:or bigoted.
No it's not.... lol @ Gordon Brown.

Mordack wrote:It refers to a famous forum episode in which a user made a mistake, and paid for it.
Ah past tense I see.... "paid for it"..... or do we as a community think that Juliette should "still" be paying for it? Would anyone that thinks she should "still" be paid for it sound like a bully?

Mordack wrote:As much as I like Juliette, and consider her a friend, I don't believe a single user should get such protectionist treatment.
It's only a single person in this issue because it's only one person that did the "coma" lie. What if someone else did it? i went through the same thing myself (not the coma thing), shame the Administration turned a blind eye there too.

Mordack wrote:The rest of us still have the embarrassing things which we said or did thrown in our faces from time to time. Living with our errors, and their consequences, is a part of life.
Yes we have all done embarrassing and stupid things, and yes we have to live with it, and yes people do tend to throw it in our faces from time to time, a lot of the time in a comical manner.

However, there's throwing it her face as a joke from time to time, then there's the line that leads to bullying. I mean look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=207&t=165661
He's back from his ban and he's already posted it again. So the first opportunity he gets and he uses the "coma" thing again.... that to me sounds like bullying, not someone just having a laugh with someone else... it's having a laugh at someone else's expense every opportunity they get and that's a "type" of bullying.

People who are bullied find that they are: taunted and teased where the intention is to embarrass and humiliate

^^ That is one affect that results from bullying. "the intention to embrass and humiliate". Why is Mikgamer making the coma comment whenever he can if it is not to embarras and humiliate Juliette, even doing it to be spiteful is bullying.

I got so wrapped up in this place that i fell as low as to bully... and I am ashamed of my behaviour. I know it was wrong and i know why it was wrong. I'd never do anything like that again. You can't say the same for Mikgamer because even after another ban he's back making more jokes with the intent to "embarrass and humiliate a member of this forum.

And it is this Administration that is allowing him to bully another member of the forum. If he thinks it's ok to do what he is doing then what will stop him from doing it to someone else? If someone else sees what he's doing and thinks it's funny what will stop that other person from making the "coma" remarks.... what will it take for the Administration to realise what mikgamer is doing is "bullying"? Are you going to wait for 10% of this forum to make the "coma" comment before you consider that a member of this forum is being bullied?

Now it doesn't matter whether Juliette herself considers she is being bullied... because you have to look at the wider picture. If others see him doing that then others won't see the wrong it joining in and doing it themselves, then we have even more people doing it and blatantly bullying someone in front of the eyes of the Administration.
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:[And heres the door Clarkey, I do beleive you left SGW, why not stay gone and do us all a favor]

Do everyone a favour? So you speak on behalf of the community?..... I thought not.

I was giving my opinion on the matter. Because I believe that when someone repeatedly makes the same personal dig at one individual every opportunity they get then it is crossing the line of bullying.

He is "victimising" one individual. He repeatedly belittles one individual. He is picking on one individual. What does it take for this Administration to see that he is bullying one individual.

Oh and since when are Moderators meant to be telling members of this community to leave for good? You're not really the right role model for a Moderator.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Personally, I wish Clarkey was back... He found more Multi's and did a great job on the forum... I don't see why he is so hated still rofl P.S. Good luck with this
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”