Trading market for making ascended more active

Suggest any improvements
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Trading market for making ascended more active

Before you say "no way", think about it and what it would do.

Ascended server is dead and thats because of the huge gap between newly ascended accounts and those who have 1 billion+ planets and most being un-descendable.

Ok, ascended players who have big armysizes wouldnt see this as fair if newly ascended could catch up too quick as it took the powerful a long time to get where they are today. I have 6b planets myself so not hoping to change the game to benefit myself. Only want to see the game become more active.

If we had an ascended market (it is only a game afterall)
everyone would beable to trade.

The powerful could stay as they are or get more powerful and same for newly asended players.

It would make ascended server more active. If you choose to not play as you are now un-descendable then you will risk everyone over taking you in power.
Thats not a bad thing really as that could only happen if you do not play it.

So this idea that possibly has been suggested before, would make ascended more active.

It will still take time to build up a good ascended account by trading our resources but who will newly ascended players be trading with? the ones who have the resources, the more powerful. Everyone could then grow.

Then once ascended becomes active, multi's could be removed. Also, more updates might take place, making ascended even better.

It's the only way to add balance. You can have ascended reset but that would only work for now, not a long time solution

And we should have the ability to descend someone removed so that if you still choose to not play even with a market, your main account will still be safe.
This would mean all DM spent on the power ups that help you descend someone or stop you from being descended could be returned as you would not need them

1 problem you might have with this would be the fact that the powerful could become even more powerful, hence, making the gap even bigger. But I dont think this would be a problem as the a cap in place.

Everyone would beable to get big much quicker by trading, but if ascended get more active, there will be wars making armysizes go up and down. If became active, for those that want to play, it could become a faster game. Bigger ups for rebuilding and maybe more AT's per turn to make it a much faster battle game.

If we could have the ability to descend others removed then all players that do not want to play ascended wont ever have to log in again as regardless of what happens on ascended, there main will be safe.
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Re: Trading market for making ascended more active

I have to disagree with you. Trading will not help the issue of the un-descendable.

And also, the few things people like about ascended is the lack of the market. You can't trade or use $$, so everything you have up there - is yours and yours only.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
~Linea~
Forum Newbie

Colos wrote:the few things people like about ascended is the lack of the market. You can't trade or use $$, so everything you have up there - is yours and yours only.

Colos

sorry, no comment for the op but as far as cash trades, i can buy naq with $ that i then could trade for dmu.
never used cash myself but its easy for others to do if they want to throw good money at a failed part of the game.

raid killed ascended for me, my partner still plays it but then he's in OE so i guess it makes a difference to him if he got descended where as it doesn't to me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Yeah.. it's not dead.
It just takes time.
It can be good fun, eh Colos? ;)
Colos
The Ascended

I guess it can :lol:

~Linea~ wrote:sorry, no comment for the op but as far as cash trades, i can buy naq with $ that i then could trade for dmu.
never used cash myself but its easy for others to do if they want to throw good money at a failed part of the game.

raid killed ascended for me, my partner still plays it but then he's in OE so i guess it makes a difference to him if he got descended where as it doesn't to me.

Well, I seriously doubt anyone would spend a single cent on ascended :?

And raiding has bben eliminated from ascended long ago.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Fixxed
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

I dont mean a market for cash trades, that would be optional of course. I mean trading game resources mainly for planets, AT's, DM, Name changes etc. But no ppt's.

I play ascended and all I do is farm from unactive accounts, spend DM then log out. There is nothing more I can do. How is ascended fun the way it currently is?

At least if we have a market, we would have something else to do.

If admin decided to ever give ascended a market, I bet that everyone who says no to having a market, would end up using it in the end. You could trade main resources for ascended and same vice versa. Atm, you can only trade main resources for DM but only if your trade partnerr has the right sized army on ascended.

I cant see anyone ever agreeing with this. Instead I'll just keep reading the same, "something needs to be done" or "ascended server is dead" or "ascended server needs balance". I could keep going but whats the point.

I think we should at least have a temp trading market on ascended, to see how it goes. See if it works. See if it becomes more active and more fun
Apophis
System Lord
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 666

Its The Turns That Slow Down Ascended To A Near Stand Still In My Opinion...Mabey If We Had A Option To Convert Life Force Or DMU Into At's As We Do With DMU To LFC....Things Would Be More Interesting And We Would Have More Constant Gameplay :smt047

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
*Complete
*Complete

Spoiler
2009 - 2011
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 1,017,421,093
Spies Killed(50) 419,583,954
Spy Killers Killed(50) 138,887,098
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 3,543,996
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 3,237,353
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 684,458
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 6,227,773,906,622,364
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 1,773,399,377
TRADE FEEDBACK
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=165433
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

Yep more at's per turn would be great but that wouldnt solve the other problem. The problem with the gap being so big between newly ascended to the ones who ascended ages ago. The first ones who ascended had a massive advantage as there was no cap and planet farming was allowed.

Look at main. Does not matter how long you have been playing, its fair for all. The chances for a new player starting out a new game on main, build up and do well is high. 2 things I think make this possible. Raiding is allowed and market trading of resources.

Main has armysizes of all sizes and they rise and fall. Thats why I believe having a market on ascended, or bring back planet raiding should happen.

I have around 6b planets as i has said before and do not have a problem with a newly ascended player over taking me in size at all. I do not think that, because I had ascended a few years ago, I should never be over powered by someone who has only been playing for a few months. This is why there is still a massive gap, no one wanting a change so that it benefits smaller accounts. Everyone who has big accounts want it the way it is so there classed as invincible, untouchable and deffinatly unseen.
Colos
The Ascended

Guys, I do apreciate your thinking, but more ATs?? Assuming you play well with ranks, you can gain 11 to 13 ATs PER TURNS.

And account age does not matter much. I have been playing actively for only about a year and a half. Which is not a very long time compared to others. Yet I have become a formidable power up there.

I agree, something needs to be done to fix Ascended. But introducing an ingame market or increasing the AT production would just make things worse.

There has been some great ideas listed here and there, but admin does not seem to care.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Fixxed
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

Ok so a newly ascended player plays on ascended and builds up in 1.5yrs. They will still have a crap ascended account compared to yours as you would have been playing longer. It should not be like this. The only way that newly ascended would catch up with you is if you stopped playing for that same amount of time, even then it could take longer than 1.5yrs because you already have the massive planets per day compared to a newly ascended.
Colos
The Ascended

I don't agree.

I have never crossed the 9B line, becouse I lose a fair amount of planets while farming (not to mention the occasional massings which set me back by weeks).

And there is this stupid CER cap. I do not even remember when was the last time I used my full CER. I use only 10-20 percent of due to the cap.

And also, the costs of my levels are sooooooooo high that a new player can't even imagine the value. While a new player (with small levels) can inprove their skills by hundreds of values per day, I can only inprove it by ONE during the same amount of time.

So, yes, an older player has a certain advantage over a new player, but that advantage would be lost in a matter of weeks.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Fixxed
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

Not weeks, years. I cant remember if you start on ascended with 0 planets or a few, but even if you get 5,000 planets to start you off, you can only attack others up to 5x bigger, so, 25,000 planet sized account. You seen how much DM a 25,000 armysized account has? Not enough. So the start for a newly ascended would be very very very slow and boring.

Sorry but i believe having a market would change this and make it more fair for new and not just have it safe for old. If not a market, bring back planet raiding which would also speed things up.
Colos
The Ascended

You forget that you get some APP with every ascending. Which can be converted to LF cache. By which you can increase your charisma, and thus you can build a few million planets in a matter of days. Then you can start farming.

I'm not saying it is easy, but it is not that hard either. Just need to put some effort into your account.

And, hell no to raiding. People have 25B planets already.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Fixxed
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

raiding wouldnt be so bad if you can only raid until you have a certain amount of planets, something like can raid until reach 5b planets and then raise plague to 10b.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

DIH wrote:raiding wouldnt be so bad if you can only raid until you have a certain amount of planets, something like can raid until reach 5b planets and then raise plague to 10b.

so snipers can sit around raiding the heck out of players and then killing those units off by using them in attack to farm or leaving them trained for others to assassinate but either way you lose your planets and they loose nothing.

Bad idea in my eyes.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”