Graphic Stats Page Suggestion

LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Graphic Stats Page Suggestion

I, or someone else might have suggested this already in past. But I think it's worth debating.
It's pretty simple, just like ascended server, have specific color for each race (no not for race names, but for techs/bonuses, so 5 races)

AJNA
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
INDU
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ORI
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
TOLAH
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And maybe like other graphics, ability to have checkbox to not see them for slow modems.
I mean something like the ID page for ascended races I posted above. Nothing too complex or eyes hurting, just something like this, simple but nice. :)

So: Goa'uld/System Lord; Asgard/Ancient; Replicator/NanoTi; Tauri/Tollan; Daimon.

By using Ajna background on an Ajna random person in main, that's how it looks like:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yes it would be better to use original races and not pathes, but I just gave an example above to clear what I had in mind. :)

To have proper similarity race style/background:
Indu background could be used for Replicators/NanoTiMasters
Ajna background could be used for Asgards/Ancients
Tolah background could be used for Tauri/Tollans
Ori background could be used for Daimons
No idea yet for Goa'ulds/System Lords
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Re: Graphic Stats Page Suggestion

I'd much rather admin fix previous updates and work on new updates that don't give bonuses than wasting time worrying about pretty background pictures.
Spoiler
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends

MaxSterling wrote:I'd much rather admin fix previous updates and work on new updates that don't give bonuses than wasting time worrying about pretty background pictures.

This one wouldn't give bonus. :razz:
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
knight
The Lulz
ID: 0

MaxSterling wrote:I'd much rather admin fix previous updates and work on new updates that don't give bonuses than wasting time worrying about pretty background pictures.

me too :smt047

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I'd rather he spend 5 weeks upgrading the security of the site so that passwords are encrypted,

than to spend 5 minutes on this. :razz:
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:I'd rather he spend 5 weeks upgrading the security of the site so that passwords are encrypted,

Agreed.

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I think that improved graphics would increase the ratio of players who remain more than an hour after registering...which wouldn't be a bad thing or "wasting time" ( :roll: ), considering the drop of members base.
Giving appeal to newbies, a good first opinion of the site, this, speaking by experience (forums+curiosity made me stay when I joined five years ago, as I was disappointed to find out it was just text based, as I never played mmorpg before,as I thought it was something else, more...graphical than black background everywhere).
The most complex changes aren't always the most effective. :-)

Not to mention that when left bar was updated and DarkDayz's graphics picked, community's art makers were asked to do the work (admin chose the best, was harder due to boxes in design for links to commandpage, armory, training page etc; while this time it would be just backgrounds) so I fail to see how that would be a bad thing. :-s
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you

CABAL wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:I'd rather he spend 5 weeks upgrading the security of the site so that passwords are encrypted,

Agreed.

Plus updating Ascended so its playable and make people not hide there!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Nimras wrote:
CABAL wrote:

Agreed.

Plus updating Ascended so its playable and make people not hide there!

That wouldn't take same time (making this graphic update wouldn't prevent an ascended update, so I don't see why everyone uses the word "either/or" instead of "and" :? :? , as it's far from being same time to do it), even though I agree ascended server should have easier descendings for example..
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life

Return to “Suggestions Archive”