57%
With changes - specify
No votes

Total votes: 77
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Re: Planet Update

I've pretty much always built twice my largest planet's value, so the only time this affects me is when my defense gets massed down below that.

To be honest, I never saw a problem with the old method of one huge planet. If admin would have made defenses last longer and were more effective, then that would have negated most of the issues people had with the way planets were.
Spoiler
Andariel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MaYheM
ID: 1903732

this update screws non $$ spenders to the point of never being able to compete.

non spenders can hold 1-3 planets max and spenders can hold 10 and thus gain an enormous advantage that cant be out weighed. I'm against this update completely. planets have always been the way they are why change them...
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Andariel wrote:this update screws non $$ spenders to the point of never being able to compete.

non spenders can hold 1-3 planets max and spenders can hold 10 and thus gain an enormous advantage that cant be out weighed. I'm against this update completely. planets have always been the way they are why change them...

Agreed =D>

see other thread for this
[spoiler]Also with the pending update to make fleets even more worthless, let not make the untouchable planets even more powerful. Planets should be seen as a loseable bonus, not a default right to have.

A much more useful update would be to make flets more powerful, not less[/spoiler]
Last edited by knight on Tue May 18, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
MaxSterling
Forum Elite

see other thread for this argument

[spoiler]
renegadze wrote:A much more useful update would be to make flets more powerful, not less

I utterly disagree with making fleets more powerful than they currently are. The last update pretty much focused on making them more powerful. Not only did he double a fleet's power, but each tech gave another 3% more slots. The double fleet power was bad enough.[/spoiler]
Spoiler
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

I will quote admin on this one:

<adminHere2> the 'instructins' always said planetX=50% natural max

<LegendaryApophis> he said the maths were complex that's why he didn't fix it yet
<adminHere> and legend - i would have fixed if i knew how, yes
<adminHere> i just figured it out...
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

yea cause the game should be all about how much money you throw at it, pretty sad when you have to spend money to be good at a game if you ask me. :roll:

Personally I love the update. I hope it also fixes the disribution of stats planets give cause the whole having one planet with +100b and another 2 with +50b and still getting bonuses at full when building 150b stat is retarded, bonuses shouldnt carry from one planet into another, did this ever get fixed? or is it gonna get fixed?
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

Crying NOOOOO wrote:yea cause the game should be all about how much money you throw at it, pretty sad when you have to spend money to be good at a game if you ask me. :roll:

Personally I love the update. I hope it also fixes the disribution of stats planets give cause the whole having one planet with +100b and another 2 with +50b and still getting bonuses at full when building 150b stat is retarded, bonuses shouldnt carry from one planet into another, did this ever get fixed? or is it gonna get fixed?

It's fixed.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Crying NOOOOO wrote:Personally I love the update. I hope it also fixes the disribution of stats planets give cause the whole having one planet with +100b and another 2 with +50b and still getting bonuses at full when building 150b stat is retarded, bonuses shouldnt carry from one planet into another, did this ever get fixed? or is it gonna get fixed?

That's what thi sthread is about #-o
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
renegadze
Forum Elite

see other thread

[spoiler]
MaxSterling wrote:
renegadze wrote:A much more useful update would be to make flets more powerful, not less

I utterly disagree with making fleets more powerful than they currently are. The last update pretty much focused on making them more powerful. Not only did he double a fleet's power, but each tech gave another 3% more slots. The double fleet power was bad enough.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Still no planet should be untouchable...there are already planets that the biggest fleet can't get close to, the update will make the gap even bigger.

Planets have made the game pathetic....the fact you can build a tril def with a 100-200k supers is ridiculous

People should stop being so reliant on the planet giving them most of their power - the only 2 ways to make this happen are A) remove planets B) make them all massable (given time)

The whole idea that you can have a planet that can add to your strike is laughable....is it meant to be shooting beams across the galaxy at your opponent?[/spoiler]
Last edited by knight on Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler added
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
MaxSterling
Forum Elite

renegadze wrote:Still no planet should be untouchable...there are already planets that the biggest fleet can't get close to, the update will make the gap even bigger.

What's ridiculous is people crying because I decide to devote a crapload of resources to protect my planets and you don't want to commit a lot to building fleets. Basically you just want a hand out so you don't have to put as many resources into taking planets. To me, that's **Filtered**. YES it's extremely costly to build up that number of fleets, but once you do... you can repeatedly take planets because those slots are still there. Once we lose a planet, it's gone.
Spoiler
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Duderanch wrote:
Crying NOOOOO wrote:Personally I love the update. I hope it also fixes the disribution of stats planets give cause the whole having one planet with +100b and another 2 with +50b and still getting bonuses at full when building 150b stat is retarded, bonuses shouldnt carry from one planet into another, did this ever get fixed? or is it gonna get fixed?

That's what thi sthread is about #-o

ahh great, wasnt sure if that was the only thing, or if there was more. But thanks for comming by to troll.

MaxSterling wrote:
renegadze wrote:Still no planet should be untouchable...there are already planets that the biggest fleet can't get close to, the update will make the gap even bigger.

What's ridiculous is people crying because I decide to devote a crapload of resources to protect my planets and you don't want to commit a lot to building fleets. Basically you just want a hand out so you don't have to put as many resources into taking planets. To me, that's **Filtered**. YES it's extremely costly to build up that number of fleets, but once you do... you can repeatedly take planets because those slots are still there. Once we lose a planet, it's gone.

I have to agree with the both of you, planets were not meant to be untakeable, I think the requirement being implimented should be looked at more. But you have a point max :)
renegadze
Forum Elite

MaxSterling wrote:

true enough, but how easy is it to mass the fleet of someone who is trying to take your planet? It already costs me in excess of 3.5 tril to arm my fleet...if I decide to attack you and you notice, my fleet won't last too long.

If your in an alliance war, with various probing shots, you have to be extremely lucky to get a window in which to arm fleet and mass
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

A 4th MT was proposed in the convo, meaning two planets could then be protected, which also would be helpful for people who still buy ATs from market.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

This just seems like admin changing the rules again. It was the same last year, people who spent a lot of resources building up an LG+1 account got screwed with the new ascensions coming out.

Now people who built their account around a feature of the game that has been around for what? 3? 4 years? Are getting screwed.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
MaxSterling
Forum Elite

renegadze wrote:true enough, but how easy is it to mass the fleet of someone who is trying to take your planet? It already costs me in excess of 3.5 tril to arm my fleet...if I decide to attack you and you notice, my fleet won't last too long.

If your in an alliance war, with various probing shots, you have to be extremely lucky to get a window in which to arm fleet and mass

I lost 5T in fleets trying to take a planet and got them all splattered on a platform. Big deal. Everyone, including myself, takes a nap. There's always an opportunity to mass planets. You just need to use some strategy to find it. Sometimes it's just a matter of hiding the planet massing within defense massing.

If you want to get back at someone during an alliance war that was exploiting the "feature", if you had any brains, you'd strip them of all the smaller planets so they need to build more raw stats to get full use of that huge planet.

If someone's using $ and buying merlins, then you'll never be able to do anything anyways... so what's the point? You just bide your time and wait for them to screw up and leave that planet in the open when you can take it.
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”