Ben Affleck.....A Conundrum?

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Ben Affleck.....A Conundrum?

I personally dislike almost every film he is in....most are shallow, poorly-scripted, and his acting is often abysmal.....and yet I loved Good Will Hunting (which he co-wrote with Damon), and really liked Gone Baby Gone (His directorial debut, which he also helped write).

Those two films are genuinely thought-provoking and interesting.....well-written, and character-driven......so why did he always accept such bad roles as an actor? I'm interested to see what else he can do in terms of directing and writing rather than in front of the camera.....
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ben Affleck.....A Conundrum?

Everyone needs bread in the morning. ;)

When I get older, I will be stronger.. just like a waving flag..
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

he quit acting because he realized and openly admitted taking roles that didnt suit him or his skills he is a good actor with a bad taste in scripts which happens alot of actors they see the paycheck no pun intended for one of his movies lol first and script 2nd

Note Indiania jones and the crystal skull was ridiculous but it was assumed nostalgia and a fan base of ford, the character, directors/writers (bar lucas) as in Spielberg (who is going downhill war of the worlds two crap movies in a row) and le beof or however u spell it would draw big money which it prob did first weekend till it came out how crap it was

back to ben

i liked him in daredevil only at times in scences he was too trying to be like batman with the voice

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Psyko
The Irresistible

I totally agree with you. The only movie I have ever enjoyed him in was Dogma, and the other movies only had small cameo roles where he may have had a few lines.

His writing and directing abilities are much more promising and I am glad that he made the transition. Let's just hope it stays that way.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

You guys enjoyed this movies? Holy hell. I know there was a movie of his I did enjoy, however. I loved those two movies Magi listed.

His writing ability far trumps his acting. Perhaps he will stay as a writer, etc more so then an actor..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Noobert wrote:His writing ability far trumps his acting. Perhaps he will stay as a writer, etc more so then an actor..
We can only hope. Just like a waving flag.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

is it white? :-D

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
renegadze
Forum Elite

RepliMagni wrote:I personally dislike almost every film he is in....most are shallow, poorly-scripted, and his acting is often abysmal.....and yet I loved Good Will Hunting (which he co-wrote with Damon), and really liked Gone Baby Gone (His directorial debut, which he also helped write).

Those two films are genuinely thought-provoking and interesting.....well-written, and character-driven......so why did he always accept such bad roles as an actor? I'm interested to see what else he can do in terms of directing and writing rather than in front of the camera.....

You'll be pleased to know then that Ben Affleck is currently working on a new film with Matt Damon, should be due out sometime next year

I didn't mind him too much in State of Play
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Darth Optimus
Forum Expert
Race: Ancient

The only movies of his that I like are Dogma, Daredevil and Saving Private Ryan. The rest are big turds.

Return to “Grand Cinema”