CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch
ID: 0

Sabotage.

So I was reading the help & rules (lol)

And came across this:

If successful (see calculations below) they will do an amount of damage equal to the difference between your, and their, covert action.

I thought that was a brilliant idea, why has it not been implemented?

And in case I read it wrong or something: Now, when you sab, you basically calculate their cov action, account for realm alert, and send in the minimum spies possible. What if the minimum amount of spies sent barely destroyed any weapons at all?

And in order to destroy more weapons, you're gonna have to send in more spies, but if you send in more spies, more will get caught. So i.e. They have 100 spies, and 1000 weapons. I have x spies and we have the same covert level. I account for realm alert, and send in 170 spies (The bare minimum). However, because my covert is the same as their cov defense, I will only destroy (idk, 5? weapons). But if I send in, say 500, I will be able to destroy, say 30 weapons.

And extrapolate it to include spying, i.e. The more you send, the more info you'll get, but more likely for your spies to be detected (but not killed). Whereas, for sabbing, to destroy more weapons, you'll need to sacrifice more spies.

That's all I can think of right now...

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
xXJanitoXx
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Wolves of Terra
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 68275

Re: Sabotage.

*thumbs* i like this idea why was it never implemented?
Made By SS
Made By me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Sigs
Made By me
Made By Me
Made by Me

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

"It's sad when they men who are farming you due to your inactivity go inactive" - xXJanitoXx 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRADE FEEDBACK HERE
CABAL
Forum Expert

xXJanitoXx wrote:*thumbs* i like this idea why was it never implemented?

idk, maybe admin wanted for this to happen, but instead he gave up on it, or perhaps some other 'feature' such as nox, or planets, became more important. #-o

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

in that case sabing wont be necessary while massing
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Child of the wolf
Forum Newbie
Race: Wolf
ID: 1922723

Maybe due to the realm covert limit thing - lets face it, if it was sheer difference then when sabbing you'd just train shed loads of spies and drop all their weapons at once. Maybe if you increased the amount (in a percentage ratio style) of spies that die per sab; otherwise I can see it being used to flatten an account instantly.

EDIT: to expand on my point, currently spies die on a fixed % (100% for fail 50% for success or some such), if this was to work it would have to be changed to start at 10% for success and work up or the like. Simply having more die at the same ratio is kind of pointless.
Previous sigs

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Send more spies, more die. That's the beauty of percentages.

Never kill more than 5% of total points in weapons on a person, when your covert overpowers his by about 1,000% (11x opposing covert). At 100% (2x opposing covert) overpowering, destroy some .5% of the weapons points, and let the death rate fluctuate in a range of 5% to 25% on a successful sab, and 67% to 95% on a failed sab.

That would both make it more painful to fail, and a little more enticing to use.

(Now, shoot that idea out of the water.)
CABAL
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Send more spies, more die. That's the beauty of percentages.

Never kill more than 5% of total points in weapons on a person, when your covert overpowers his by about 1,000% (11x opposing covert). At 100% (2x opposing covert) overpowering, destroy some .5% of the weapons points, and let the death rate fluctuate in a range of 5% to 25% on a successful sab, and 67% to 95% on a failed sab.

That would both make it more painful to fail, and a little more enticing to use.

Me likey, perhaps some extra bonus for replicators too.

Child of the wolf wrote:Maybe due to the realm covert limit thing - lets face it, if it was sheer difference then when sabbing you'd just train shed loads of spies and drop all their weapons at once. Maybe if you increased the amount (in a percentage ratio style) of spies that die per sab; otherwise I can see it being used to flatten an account instantly.

EDIT: to expand on my point, currently spies die on a fixed % (100% for fail 50% for success or some such), if this was to work it would have to be changed to start at 10% for success and work up or the like. Simply having more die at the same ratio is kind of pointless.

Currently, 5% of spies die if successful and 50% die if unsuccessful.

MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Perhaps if you scrolled down to the calculations part of the help page, you'd see that it's like that...

Sabotage Damage Calculation: Your Covert Action minus their covert action (adjusted by their defcon rate) to a maximum of 5900 weapon power, or 2 percent 4% of their total weapon power -whichever is greater. This is doubled if both parties are at war. The damage goes from lowest strength weapons, upwards, destroying as many as possible until you have no damage potential left, or your damage potential left is smaller than the strength of the next weapon.

I struck out the old value and replaced it with the update value.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

so legocalc is out of service
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
CABAL
Forum Expert

MaxSterling wrote:Perhaps if you scrolled down to the calculations part of the help page, you'd see that it's like that...

Sabotage Damage Calculation: Your Covert Action minus their covert action (adjusted by their defcon rate) to a maximum of 5900 weapon power, or 2 percent 4% of their total weapon power -whichever is greater. This is doubled if both parties are at war. The damage goes from lowest strength weapons, upwards, destroying as many as possible until you have no damage potential left, or your damage potential left is smaller than the strength of the next weapon.

I struck out the old value and replaced it with the update value.

The increase is nigh unnoticeable. And chances are, having 1tril total weapons power means you'll only need 40bil extra covert action, and 5900 weapons power... Yeah um... :neutral:

Child of the wolf
Forum Newbie
Race: Wolf
ID: 1922723

Juliette wrote:Send more spies, more die. That's the beauty of percentages.

This would be more useful, as it would make it impossible to wipe someone out in one hit; though my point about percentages remains (5% of 50,000 sent ten times is the same as 5% of 500,000; thus meaning that there's no reason to send anything less than the max) it's nullified by the damage cap. Though it is somewhat subdued by the fact that we do 4% damage now, and this new increase would actually give less reasons to use sab (increased losses), with perhaps a 6 or 7% dmg per hit it would likely become more worth wild - maybe (I don't do wars that often, thus have little reason one way or the other).

Though this whole conversation seems somewhat pointless in the face of the now reduced cap on sabbing (okay, the cap is the same, but spying no longer counts against it!).
Previous sigs

Return to “Suggestions Archive”