Happy Hippy Man

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Happy Hippy Man

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17352

Happy Hippy Man says he wants to come back on forums using this account.

He should not be permabanned AT ALL.

He wanted My Little Pony deleted and when that didn't happen he wanted it banned (yes he could have left it to rot, but still).

He wants Happy Hippy Man unbanned now so he can return to forums.
Image ImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Re: Happy Hippy Man

Happy Hippy Man (My Little Pony)
Ban Evasion
Permanent

Clarkey, SS offered two solutions in the topic when MLP asked how he could delete his account - just leaving it be or getting it banned on request. MLP chose to get it banned - the less smart way, by posting offensive topics and posts, thereby getting himself enough warnings in a short time to get permabanned. Unbanning is no option here, since HHM, being the multi of an permabanned user (which was in the end not by request), is banevasion which is then banned itself.
-Ben
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

BenjaminMS wrote:
Happy Hippy Man (My Little Pony)
Ban Evasion
Permanent

Clarkey, SS offered two solutions in the topic when MLP asked how he could delete his account - just leaving it be or getting it banned on request. MLP chose to get it banned - the less smart way, by posting offensive topics and posts, thereby getting himself enough warnings in a short time to get permabanned. Unbanning is no option here, since HHM, being the multi of an permabanned user (which was in the end not by request), is banevasion which is then banned itself.
-Ben
So he got himself 9 warnings?
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Ask Juliette she banned him, he was permabanned. I banned him for evasion. As Ben said it wasn't exactly on request..

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:Ask Juliette she banned him, he was permabanned. I banned him for evasion. As Ben said it wasn't exactly on request..
AFAIK Juliette is currently absent and has been since Tuesday.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Well you would have to speak to her or I guess a (or the) Admin(s).

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Ok so in Juliette's absence can an Admin please look at this. As he would like to return.
Image ImageImageImage
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

well the reason they banned him basically is because his offensive post/racist/swaring or something idk

maby we can get a poll going in another thread asking the community if they would allow him back.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I think this indicates that people should be very, very sure before asking for any kind of ban. It's a gross waste of time and effort for global moderators and administrators to be constantly banning and unbanning people at their own behest because they are fickle and change their minds every five minutes.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

GOLDEN WING wrote:well the reason they banned him basically is because his offensive post/racist/swaring or something idk

maby we can get a poll going in another thread asking the community if they would allow him back.
GW leave this for Admins/Mods.

The reasons he was banned would be in his user notes... anything else is speculation. The question is whether he reached permabanned status or not.
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

In fact, I think you should stop granting 'bans by request' full stop. If someone genuinely lacks the willpower not to post on an internet forum, then they really need help; the likes of which neither the admin nor the playerbase can adequately provide.

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:In fact, I think you should stop granting 'bans by request' full stop. If someone genuinely lacks the willpower not to post on an internet forum, then they really need help; the likes of which neither the admin nor the playerbase can adequately provide.
Can you stop taking this off topic. Happy Hippy Man was NOT banned because he requested it. He was banned due to warnings.

If you want to suggest forums stop granting bans by request then go suggest it in the right place. This thread is to resolve HHM's current permaban and to see whether he is legitimately banned or whether he is allowed back due to not enough warnings to warrant a permaban.

@Admins, HHM is thankful for you guys looking in to this issue and he hopes for a resolution.
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Earendil wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Mordack wrote:In fact, I think you should stop granting 'bans by request' full stop. If someone genuinely lacks the willpower not to post on an internet forum, then they really need help; the likes of which neither the admin nor the playerbase can adequately provide.
Can you stop taking this off topic. Happy Hippy Man was NOT banned because he requested it. He was banned due to warnings.

If you want to suggest forums stop granting bans by request then go suggest it in the right place. This thread is to resolve HHM's current permaban and to see whether he is legitimately banned or whether he is allowed back due to not enough warnings to warrant a permaban.

@Admins, HHM is thankful for you guys looking in to this issue and he hopes for a resolution.

No. He requested to be permabanned.
He requested it to be deleted. They said no, he either leaves it to rot or get it banned... he therefore broke rules to get it banned. It was not banned just because he requested it.
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Earendil wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Earendil wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

He requested it to be deleted. They said no, he either leaves it to rot or get it banned... he therefore broke rules to get it banned. It was not banned just because he requested it.

thus asking for a permaban. Just stop posting now, ok? we're talking about it.
Yes i will stop, but my point I was getting across to Mordack was that he was not "granted" a ban because he requested it. He chose to break rules to get issued a ban. Big difference between the two.
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
Earendil wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Earendil wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

thus asking for a permaban. Just stop posting now, ok? we're talking about it.
Yes i will stop, but my point I was getting across to Mordack was that he was not "granted" a ban because he requested it. He chose to break rules to get issued a ban. Big difference between the two.

I really don't think the different is so vastly significant that my point no longer stands. In fact, I think you're being semantic. The point stands that human indecisiveness has created extra work for the moderators; which is what I was attempting to illustrate. It is not up to you to decide what is and isn't off-topic, Clarkey, and I intend to continue making that point until cautioned by an official member of staff, and not a jobsworth like you, to do otherwise.

(TB)

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”