Revocation of Warning Point

Ombudsman Case Archives
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Revocation of Warning Point

BenjaminMS wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
MaxSterling wrote:
Nimras wrote:And this brings me to think of following topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=170167

I still want PPT's to stack if it did this problem would not be a issue at all beside what we do now is possible pretty much so stacknig will not do any harm.

But yes i hope this bug is fixed soon.

This is a thread for posting and verification of bugs... not a place for your suggestions.

Section 4
b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic. This may include off topic posting or an excessive number of posts that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

Sending in the report you did about that post was enough. Posting it was overkill, and completely offtopic yourself. Unless it becomes a lot of times that someone goes offtopic, please let us do our jobs...

1.) I don't see how my post can be considered "off-topic" when I politely pointed out that this thread was to point out bugs and not a place to post suggestions.
2.) It was not excessive spam since I only replied to his post once.

I followed up my post by mod alerting Nimras' post because it was off-topic. I did not think about mod alerting until after I made my post.

Nimras' post was originally in this thread...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169557&p=2161325#p2161325
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Revocation of Warning Point

As there is a duplicate thread about the same warning, I'm closing this one. Please message myself, or Jack, if that's a problem.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

Well, apparently this is a different warning but regarding the same string of threads. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN SEE WHERE I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN CONFUSED and forgive me. Thanks.

(TB)
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

I dont see the differencebetween what you did and when peoplw tell their allience mates to col down in war threads,

still going to point out here as i did in nimras thead, it says you get a verbal warning first, board warning if you ignore
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Rottenking wrote:I dont see the differencebetween what you did and when peoplw tell their allience mates to col down in war threads,

still going to point out here as i did in nimras thead, it says you get a verbal warning first, board warning if you ignore
I would refer to my post in the other topic as well but MaxSterling has quite a record regarding warnings. I don't have his User Notes open so I can't see if he has previous warnings for spam or other things though.

The difference is that MaxSterling is not a Moderator and his post did not have any relevance to the topic, at all. He should have reported the post if he thought some Moderator action was required, not posted in the topic...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Still it does not constitute an official warning imo.

Split and dump the post and send a pm is what I would have done and what has been common practice regarding similar posts.

I'd hate to see forum users warned for every so little off-topic post they make as it would kill any conversation on this forum and make it solely a place for posting information.

It has always been my belief that spam should be warned for only and only if its extent makes the conversation impossible and did not stop despite a previous warning - be it personal or posted in the thread.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
knight
The Lulz
ID: 0

been a member of this forum for 2+ years and still doesn't know where the report post button is?

I think not.

warning stands

MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Empy wrote:I would refer to my post in the other topic as well but MaxSterling has quite a record regarding warnings.

2-3 warning is "quite a record"? :roll:

knight wrote:been a member of this forum for 2+ years and still doesn't know where the report post button is?

I think not.

warning stands

MaxSterling wrote:I did not think about mod alerting until after I made my post.

If you bothered to pay attention, I did mod alert it... I just didn't think about it until after I made my post like I stated in my initial post. :roll:
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Anyways, the issue is done with.

So no need to get into pointless discussions.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

As Deni has stated, both warnings have been reduced to verbal; ergo issue closed.

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”