Revocation of Warning Point

Ombudsman Case Archives
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you
ID: 0

Revocation of Warning Point

BenjaminMS wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Nimras wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
MaxSterling wrote:Is it possible this error occurs when the alliance PPT puts someone over the PPT cap at 2880 minutes?

For example. I go on ppt now. In an hour, my alliance leader uses 1 alliance PPT... putting me back at 2880 minutes. Everything is fine. Alliance leader then decides to use more alliance PPTs bringing me over the 2880 total PPT time, which then causes the bug to reset the total PPT time to zero + alliance PPTs.

I can verify that it happened to me - I bought a PPT and alliance member was being massed, 2iC bought alliance PPT and I had only used about 15-20 Minutes of mine. And that's when I noticed this bug.

/KJ

Cheers guys, a good possibility, hope admin can check / fix soon.

Would be a good idea if Leader/2IC could see members PPT clocks in the alliance management page

And this brings me to think of following topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=170167

I still want PPT's to stack if it did this problem would not be a issue at all beside what we do now is possible pretty much so stacknig will not do any harm.

But yes i hope this bug is fixed soon.

Section 4
b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic. This may include off topic posting or an excessive number of posts that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

Advertising an idea on a small note is fair enough, but going completely offtopic without post barely anything else relevant is over the top.
-Ben

I was on topic as there is issues with the Alliance PPT I was comming with a surgestion to fix the issue as well as confirming that i have experinced same problems.

I could proberly have worded it better but i was in a hurry but if people read my post i quote Mezzaniz on the issue with my answer to show i experinced the same and i never heard it was not ok to actually in the BUG section bring a idea in as well as i have seen many others do the same.

Basicly the first part is a idea there was posted by me the last part is I hope it is fixed because i am annoyed about it.

And i was actually going back to look at my post to make sure it could not be misunderstood when i came home and i had a warning for something i do not considor spam or offtopic what so ever. Worded a tad bad maybe but not off topic if you follow the idea behind it.
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

Re: Revocation of Warning Point

Yeah i dont see the value of a warning here
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm inclined to agree; although your post could be interpreted as 'off-topic' in the strictest sense of the phrase, I nonetheless feel that it contributed enough to the discussion to hand not to be construed as 'spam.' I'll speak with Jack, and see what he thinks, but personally I'm leaning against a warning.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Slowly but surely... you got there. The topic was about bugs so I don't see how hijacking it to advertise your suggestion about PPT's is on topic?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:Slowly but surely... you got there. The topic was about bugs so I don't see how hijacking it to advertise your suggestion about PPT's is on topic?

His suggestion, in some way, pertained to the bug at hand.

Linking it was shameless, unprincipled and needless self-promotion. He was silly for doing it, in my opinion. But I dunno, warnable? Really? It's not the first time I've seen that happen in a bugs thread.

(TB)
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

Last thing i will say tho, the "consiquencd" states basicaly that you get a verbal warning first… was that given? Or straight to a boardwarning?

I still dont think it was off topic, as it contributed a possible solution to a currentbug

spose what i think does nor matter tho
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

Rottenking wrote:Last thing i will say tho, the "consiquencd" states basicaly that you get a verbal warning first… was that given? Or straight to a boardwarning?

I still dont think it was off topic, as it contributed a possible solution to a currentbug

There is no precedent, unfortunately. It's down to the discretion of the moderator in question.

I'll look through the logs of that forum and see if anything like this has happened before and what the situation was.

(TB)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Mordack wrote:
Empy wrote:Slowly but surely... you got there. The topic was about bugs so I don't see how hijacking it to advertise your suggestion about PPT's is on topic?

Linking it was shameless, unprincipled and needless self-promotion. He was silly for doing it, in my opinion. But I dunno, warnable? Really? It's not the first time I've seen that happen in a bugs thread.
Slightly it did, you're right. I think it was still a little off-topic but depending on the users history I probably wouldn't have warned him. Probably more appropriate to just PM him and give him a verbal warning about it.

@Rottenking; I believe everyone's opinion matters here you need simply contribute to the discussion as you have and your post will be read, and who knows maybe you will change someone's opinion.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Buddha
Forum Irregular

As i said i might worded my post bad but i was not wrong to show a link to a surgestion made ok i made it but had it been someone else i would have linked as well as posting my idea to fix the issue.

Others did it so why could i not?

I will agree my wording because i was in a hurry when i read it again does slitely come out wrong and thats my bad but i have 0 warnings and i aren't one you would warn for spam normally as i do not spam or go offtopic often.

I could proberly said it otherwise but i have same issue and seen it a few times even on me as well therefore i gave an idea and also confirmed the bug.

Mordack wrote:I'm inclined to agree; although your post could be interpreted as 'off-topic' in the strictest sense of the phrase, I nonetheless feel that it contributed enough to the discussion to hand not to be construed as 'spam.' I'll speak with Jack, and see what he thinks, but personally I'm leaning against a warning.

As i said I worded my post wrong as i was in a hurry i copied and pasted from the topic i linked to and wrote i hope it is fixed soon and left. Just to think about hmm it could as be misinterpreted i will fix it when i get home and i never got a chance thats life.

Mordack wrote:

I do not agree here as I do not link to my own IDEA just because it was mine but because it is related to the bug. Had you or anyone else posted a surgestion that I could have linked to i would because i know its a bug section hence why i posted a small part and linked to the rest to stay on topic or that was my attempt.

Rottenking wrote:Last thing i will say tho, the "consiquencd" states basicaly that you get a verbal warning first… was that given? Or straight to a boardwarning?

Rotten Verbal warning on these boards? Wow thats a first well I used to give them in my time but i haven't seen many of the new give a verbal warning so no i was warned straight away.
Buddha
Forum Irregular

Doug Butabi wrote:I am inclined to agree almost exactly with what deni said in Max's thread.

If every single off topic post was warned for, hell I'd have 13k warnings :lol:

In all seriousness though, looking at this warning I do believe a "splice/verbal" would have been more appropriate, along with giving a polite reminder of where to post such things. And then if it continued perhaps a warning etc.

Well problem is if i had not been in a hurry the wording been better and then my post if people actually read what i write been 100% correctly and allowed in a bug section.

But yes I admit it could be misunderstood but its not off topic enough to give a warning, and the idea that is brought is a way to fix the issue at hand and easy which as far i have seen is not uncommen to do give a idea to admin to fix a bug due to a update.
knight
The Lulz

doesn't admin have enough to do without having to read spam? Let him fix the bugs and be done without having to spend hours reading the threads.

Shameless plug of his suggestion and therefore a warning would be issued by me. Been around too long not to know better.

If I have to clean a tread more than once, then warnings usually handed out.

Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

As Deni has stated, both warnings have been reduced to verbal; ergo issue closed.

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”