Era 24

Records of the Eras that came before
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: congrats Era 23 - upcoming Era 24

Forum wrote:i was not trying to slow anyone down, but trying to make it more 'fair' for those without the multiple tab / other capability to get mass naq at turn change.
i think i will compromise -- for 120 seconds after turn change, the limit is there.
the remaining 1,680 seconds is no time between hit limits....
this way the first 2 minutes are a 'free for all' without those automating the hits scooping everyone else...

fair ?

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Is the attack limiter getting increased to at least 30 per 30 seconds or getting completely rid or will farming still be too time consuming for me?

~Jack

+1

Sounds good by me :) And I'm not using any scripts or anything but I could do up to 50 attacks inside 30 seconds and for that to be decreased by a multiplier of 5 that's a lot for me.. I can see where you're going with leaving the attack limiter during turn changes as that might be a good thing in some way (after all it'll require more attack strategy from you to get as much naq as possible in those 10 hits per 30 seconds), just happy that other 28 minutes I can knock myself out with good old fashion speed farming :P

Anyway hopefully it'll be a nice, bug-free era, definitely sounds interesting and seeing as attack limiter is decreased a lot to almost unnoticeable level, looks like I'll play it :)

EDIT: One question..ascension doesn't wipe out your UP either right? Only all the units?

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

correct
Neimenljivi wrote:EDIT: One question..ascension doesn't wipe out your UP either right? Only all the units?
~Jack
Don't make me use this!!!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: General Dissussion For Era 24

High Empty wrote:
Add in the requirement of having your Attack has to be damaging the defense before MS can damage MS.

That might just be the best idea I have ever heard.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie
ID: 0

Love the idea above...

Also lets not go too nuts with the 3 market turns a week, Keep in mind that with the limited turns and the global attack logs (Which should have a 5 min delay added BTW) the only way feeding accounts can feed is with saving and using turns for naq trades through the market.
Lets not go and hand them an easier and more profitable way to feed their naqz... [-X

EDIT:
Obviously the feeding never STOPPED, but as well all know there becomes a point in the game where in order for them to feed their friends, they would actually have had to put in some TIME to farm, which for the most part these feeders opted NOT to do, so the trading turns for naq and then feeding was their choice.
Feeding will never stop, but to make it unprofitable for the feedee, is a great place to start!
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

Where do we stand on the AT's, storage/generation of this era?
Limited etc?

Also I assume MS still going to be around this era, I feel they need some modding such as Deerslayer's idea in other thread about making it so MS do not damage MS unless your strike is actually damaging their defence.
Without such an update I think I'd rather go back to no MS's for all.

Any thoughts on ME also?
It's still recorded as you can see it in the quantum legends, any plans to return it to the war-mongers among us? :)

PS Admin;
Great work, on this era, sounds like a good idea.
Good to see you have been taking on board idea's that we all fling at each other during era's :)
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Ace i don't mean the market turn you get once a day.
I mean the market turn, where you trade it in for ppt, or uu, or turns or 5% tech increase, Phasing a player, unphasing a player the whole lot. Allows abit more flexibility.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

HippyFool wrote:
High Empty wrote:
Add in the requirement of having your Attack has to be damaging the defense before MS can damage MS.

That might just be the best idea I have ever heard.

Dont think Bebita, Rob3rt or Benisallbiz will like this idea, They might actually have to build a strike to mass someones MS instead of massing it whilst getting "devastating damage" like in this wave :lol:
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

Something else I was thinking about...limiting alliance sizes to say 10 members. There is that many ppl playing that an alliance should have 30 ppl in it. That will also make alliance power not so crazy at the end.
It is, what it is......
SirUsernameless
Forum Newbie

Something else I was thinking about...limiting alliance sizes to say 10 members. There is that many ppl playing that an alliance should have 30 ppl in it. That will also make alliance power not so crazy at the end.

I like your ideea ! ;)
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

i still want a wave with no MS. I hate that damn naq black hole
You'll be missed
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

also ace, i know your thoughts behind making it so strike has to do damage before a MS can be attacked.

BUT it wouldnt be too difficult (or too costly) to just buy enough attack wepaons to get the minimum strike needed, mass the ship down then sell the weapons.

would add an extra step and alittle more cost at most. But do you realy think that would stop the people who use this as there play style?
You'll be missed
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

ph30nix wrote:i still want a wave with no MS. I hate that damn naq black hole

been there, done that, MS's are good! true they can turn into a bit of a black hole NAQ wise but i think, as many others will agree, that MS's have a vital role in allowing for another avenue of account developement and stratgie.

I agree with Ace and everyone else that is calling for no MS damage if the attackers offence doesn't damage the defenders defense, let it be noted that thats all the idea entails, damaging the defense not beating it (if anyone was thinking different) - am i right?

put it in a RL situation, if an attacker had one troop and a huge MS and the defender had huge force and a good MS the defenders left over "potential" would all go towards destroying the attackerz MS after slaying their crappy attack.

i like the idea with the attack limiter only for the first two min's after turn change but could we please have a few more turns!

also what about alliance only techs that members can either buy themselves or donate to an alliance bank that the leader can spend.

Also, a 2IC for alliances would be nice!

and how about an alliance bank that could allow team work for getting higher Covert and AC levels, seen as how feeding is rampant anyway, why not allow alliances to pool resources for those sort of things, maybe not allow the NAQ to be spent on everything, just C & AC?

will post more tonight when i don't have to type from my phone!
Last edited by alucard110 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

also on the idea of alliance banks, say we could pool resources there would need to be something in place like a fee possibly something like 20% on deposits that either dissapeered, was split amoungst all accounts or alliances, or do it on alliance purchases, inflate the cost of C & AC lvls by 20% and the pump that 20% back across all server accounts similar to the old ascended super weapon sale on the ascended server. thus allowing alliances to further their strenght, and actually work in a unit financially as well as stratigcally without making in TOO.. unfair on lone wolves or smaller alliances as they themselves get NAQ when alliances make purchases and can also farm in inactives that also got a cut of the proceedes too.

the end... for now? (be afraid)

please discuss this and all other ideas so we can make things more interesting!
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

A new Era will begin: Aug 12, 2010 game time.

Will that be tonight I reckon?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

is there consensus on at storage/generation?
MS will be here, but weaker compared to previous eras (maybe) as the strikes/defs I expect to get quite a bit bigger with each ascension doubling the effectiveness of it...
beta open :) check it out once i get time flowing there...
and yes ME is still recorded :) just not fixed 100% yet...

Ace1102 wrote:Where do we stand on the AT's, storage/generation of this era?
Limited etc?

Also I assume MS still going to be around this era, I feel they need some modding such as Deerslayer's idea in other thread about making it so MS do not damage MS unless your strike is actually damaging their defence.
Without such an update I think I'd rather go back to no MS's for all.

Any thoughts on ME also?
It's still recorded as you can see it in the quantum legends, any plans to return it to the war-mongers among us? :)

PS Admin;
Great work, on this era, sounds like a good idea.
Good to see you have been taking on board idea's that we all fling at each other during era's :)
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “Quantum Archives”